FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Video of what appears to be a successful PROTEC attack!

<<

ecksdee

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:08 am

Video of what appears to be a successful PROTEC attack!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJoPSM-9 ... ature=plcp

It seems to me that this is a successful self-impressioning attack on an Abloy Protec. Shockingly, the video is almost two years old. It's written in Bulgarian, and the translation doesn't make much sense. Anybody have any idea what is being done here?
To pick a lock is to speak a language spoken in naught but whispers and riddles.
<<

mech

Familiar Face

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:30 am

Re: Video of what appears to be a successful PROTEC attack!

creeping the discs along by the looks of it
http://www.youtube.com/duction
www.Lockpick.co
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 11:56 am

The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:38 pm

That tools been reduced as well third the price it was.
<<

barbarian

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:34 pm

I sent this guy an email and didn't get a clear answer as to price and availability of the tool.

Not sure if it was set up to work just for this lock or not.

viewtopic.php?f=88&t=3426
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:59 pm

barbarian wrote:I sent this guy an email and didn't get a clear answer as to price and availability of the tool.

Not sure if it was set up to work just for this lock or not.

viewtopic.php?f=88&t=3426

I managed to get in touch with him. He said the tool was indeed real and that the technique to open it was difficult. He didn't give a price, how much are they supposed to be Ringo?
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 5:49 pm

i was talking about xeo,s post, the bur 25.00 was 75.00
<<

barbarian

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:01 pm

huxleypig wrote:I managed to get in touch with him. He said the tool was indeed real and that the technique to open it was difficult. He didn't give a price, how much are they supposed to be Ringo?

I clearly said I wanted to buy one and offered any type of money transfer he wanted. He wouldn't talk price but told me to keep watching because there was going to be a lot more information available soon. That was two years ago..

Sounds like the tool was set up for a specific lock. The technique used in the video doesn't seem that difficult.
<<

huxleypig

Post Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:40 pm

barbarian wrote:
huxleypig wrote:I managed to get in touch with him. He said the tool was indeed real and that the technique to open it was difficult. He didn't give a price, how much are they supposed to be Ringo?

I clearly said I wanted to buy one and offered any type of money transfer he wanted. He wouldn't talk price but told me to keep watching because there was going to be a lot more information available soon. That was two years ago..

Sounds like the tool was set up for a specific lock. The technique used in the video doesn't seem that difficult.

I gotta agree that I think it's fishy too. He did a follow up YT vid but it showed NOTHING, just a distorted view of the tool entering the lock and then the lock turning over and over like it was picked.

Who knows, maybe it does exist but for someone who's supposedly made an abloy Protec pick, he sure don't like to talk about it! Maybe Abloy have paid him off? Like if I ever got my MCS pick working I reckon I'd be flogging the tool left, right and centre. For mega bucks!!
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:29 am

I have to concur with barbarian and huxleypig. I think it's likely that either the tool is bogus, or Abloy bought the rights to it so they could keep it off the market. But to me the vid just looks a bit too fishy so I'm leaning towards it being a fake, especially since there is so little in the way of useful information or any meaningful followup. I'd be curious to know for sure though. It'll sure be a feather in someone's cap whenever someone proves they can beat this lock non-destructively.

Oh, and I also contacted him back when he first posted it to try to buy one to try out and got no response.
<<

Jaakko Fagerlund

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 3:14 am

Think self-impressioning ;)
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:19 am

Jaakko Fagerlund wrote:Think self-impressioning ;)

Yeah, but what I want to know is whether there is any credible confirmation that his tool actually works. Have you met him or seen it in action? Or know anyone who has seen it first hand? While I am skeptical due to the lack of details, it's at least theoretically possible, so if it's real I would like to know.
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:21 am

Jaakko!!

Great to see you here! :D :D

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

huxleypig

Post Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:04 pm

Jaakko. Welcome. :smile:

I await the doc btw...
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:22 pm

The video linked to in the OP appears to have been set to Private and I have some additional info on a (different?) tool so I thought I'd share.

The company that makes the tool is Luckylocks Ltd which is based in Sofia, Bulgaria. They have a garish and unprofessional-looking English website here: http://turbodecoder.com/.

The website gives no useful information about the Protec decoder tool but just links to this awful video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UO6aN9xiDio.

Multipick (http://shop.multipick.com/) is one of their resellers and they do provide some information about the tool as well as its price: http://shop.multipick.com/en/opening--locksmith-tools/lock-picking--lock-manipulation/pick-sets--single-picks/other-picks/abloy-protec-opener-decoder

It retails for EUD 9,000.00!

(Note that I have linked to images on the Multipick site so there should be no problem with copyright.)

It looks to me like some sort of "pick-and-form"-based tool like some of the Falle-Safe decoders. The video just shows a "make-up" key being used which doesn't really demonstrate the effectiveness of the tool as a decoder. In the video you can see the (rectangular) bow of the make-up key, which in the picture you can see has a slot which allows another part of the key to be added to it at a right angle to form a complete cruciform structure which is shown in the video.

The price though is high even in relation to the Falle-Safe decoder tools and no one appears to know much about it so I am uncertain what a buying decision would be based upon.
Last edited by piotr on Thu Mar 06, 2014 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Next

Return to ASSA/Abloy