FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Assa Twin Combi

<<

Puritanen

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:56 pm

Assa Twin Combi

I recently received 33 Assa Twin Combi. They are too dificult to pick for me, but with a hacksaw and my Dremmel I managed to open it :razz:

I thought I´d share the intestines of the lock.

First the evil Assa top pins...
pins.jpg

...together with counter milling (except in chamber 3):
cylinder.jpg

The sidebar is prevented to retract in to the cylinder by five fingerpins:
sidebar fingerpins.jpg

And here is the place in the cylinder for the sidebar:
cylinder sidebar.jpg

Finally, the keyway:
keyway.jpg

//Puritanen
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

LockManipulator

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:04 pm

Re: Assa Twin Combi

oh man, that is an extremely awesome lock! Seems like a really hard challenge to pick but that's exactly my type :smile: Those driver pins look absolutely insane too :shock: ! These locks are one of my favorites
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:32 pm

I love the fingerpins, they even look like little fingers, complete with fingernails and everything.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue Jan 01, 2013 3:34 pm

MBI wrote:I love the fingerpins, they even look like little fingers, complete with fingernails and everything.

My thoughts exactly. Ha
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

Puritanen

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:24 pm

xeo wrote:
MBI wrote:I love the fingerpins, they even look like little fingers, complete with fingernails and everything.

My thoughts exactly. Ha

lol I didn't see that first. Here are some less finger like pictures of the pins :D
fingerpins.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

huxleypig

The Prestigious and Powerful Porcine Prelate

Post Fri Jan 04, 2013 6:29 pm

I got an ASSA Twin 2 and I've been trying to pick it for soooo long now and it's just totally kicking my ass. Does anyone have any tips?

I'm pretty sure I'm stuck with the horrible side pins. I pick the normal pins and get what I think isn't a false set. I get a definite big noticeable rotation but having seen the pins it could be that I have the bottom of one of those top pins stuck because they're quite small at the bottom (if the ASSA Twin 2 has the same pins, that is. I have seen other pics of pins from other ASSA Twin locks and they've got the double barrel type pins in there - :spool: )

Anyway, I get some rotation and the side pins are binding and they feel like they're giving decent feedback. I get what I think are all the side pins in place (getting a little extra rotation when I feel like I get each one in place) but it just won't turn, damn it! I can spend ages fiddling with the side pins though especially because letting off a bit of tension drops just the side pin(s).

The trouble is that if I am just in one massive false set from the normal pins then my eternal messing with the side pins is just a complete waste of time, isn't it?! Damn these good locks. :twisted:
<<

Puritanen

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 9:35 am

huxleypig wrote:I got an ASSA Twin 2 and I've been trying to pick it for soooo long now and it's just totally kicking my ass. Does anyone have any tips?

I can't give you much help when it comes to picking, I'm still struggling with Assa 701... :(
However, I get curios about your lock. Is the full name "Assa Twin 2"?
<<

huxleypig

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:27 pm

<<

NNFAK

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:35 pm

huxleypig wrote:Does anyone have any tips?

After you feel like the side pins have been picked and the plug goes into a bigger false set try going back to the key pins again... Some spools will only bind after the sidebar has either gone into the false gates or has actually set. That is how I do it at least... Anyone do it another way?
<<

Puritanen

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 4:01 pm

Horrible indeed! My german is really poor but it didn't stop me from reading about the lock in your link :D As i understood it the lock has three elements blocking the cylinder from turning. If that is correct, what is the third (I guess one is the pins and one is the sidebar)?
<<

huxleypig

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 5:57 pm

Puritanen wrote:

Horrible indeed! My german is really poor but it didn't stop me from reading about the lock in your link :D As i understood it the lock has three elements blocking the cylinder from turning. If that is correct, what is the third (I guess one is the pins and one is the sidebar)?

I don't know, I read that and was a bit confused. The warding maybe?
<<

LockManipulator

Post Sat Jan 05, 2013 6:36 pm

google translate in chrome:
Twin 2
The ASSA TWIN 2-cylinder provides optimum closing safety since the patented key operates in 2 different locking systems and simultaneously overcomes 3 different blockages in the cylinder to be able to open. By default, with up to 4x anti-drilling each side of cylinder.
System ASSA TWIN 2 is patented until 2013 for the cylindrical structure and the design of the key.

ASSA TWIN 2 can also be combined with a special 6-pin cylinder. The patented TWIN 2-ASSA system now enables a simple, cost-effective and predictable combination of different security levels within one master. The optimum utilization of the ASSA-TWIN 2 plant is achieved through an analysis of the security requirements of the individual object. For doors where high security is required, ASSA-TWIN used 2 cylinder or a combination of ASSA TWIN 2 and 6-pin. Interior doors, with less need for security, can be equipped with a special 6-pin cylinder.
<<

huxleypig

Post Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:17 pm

:bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird: :bird:
Fuck this lock.
:axeem: :axeem: :axeem: :axeem: :axeem: :axeem: :axeem: :axeem:
:soldier: :soldier: :soldier: :soldier: :soldier:
:fu:

My fingers ACHE and I have blisters on my thumb.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:07 pm

Damn I love gut-shots!!! Thanks for sharing these.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

huxleypig

Post Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:33 am

Right, I firmly believe that I can get the side pins but not the top pins. Therefore I wish to take the side pins out and just try picking the top 6 pins. The trouble is, if I remove the 'C' clip in the middle and pull the cylinder out I don't see how it's possible to get it all back in without killing the lock! My ASSA twin is a euro type lock:

http://www.keso.de/de/site/keso-de/Produkte/ASSA-Produkte/Twin-2/

I don't see how I can get a plug follower in there because I'd have to do it from the centre. There is no 'back' of the lock, if you see what I mean?

Help?
Next

Return to ASSA/Abloy