FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

HELP: ASSA 600 Euro Profile

<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Tue May 31, 2011 5:12 pm

HELP: ASSA 600 Euro Profile

OK, I have this ASSA euro here... and its really driving me mad. I've tried picking this on both sides both directions and end up with the same result, a 2:00 dead lock false. I'm 5000% sure this is picked. If I leave the lock in this 2:00 false and try to insert the key on the opposite end, the key won't fully insert. I've tried probing around but I can't find anything... when I slowly insert the key I can hear it engage/click something in there. When I turn the key... it stops right at the 2:00 false and then clicks over to turn...

Is there some kind of mechanism in here which is blocking the cylinder from turning?

Any info would be great, thanks.

Picture 167.jpg

Picture 166.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 2:11 pm

Re: HELP: ASSA 600 Euro Profile

Hey xeo I know this is an old topic but I may have some advice. I've experienced something very similar on my ASSA 700 oval cylinder. It drops into quite possibly the deepest false set I've ever seen and provides absolutely NO counter-rotation when pushing up pins. Does this sound the same as your situation? I got around this by slowly using my tension wrench to bring it back closer to the 12:00 position (without going so far as to drop pins) and then once I got close I was able to re-gain the ability to lift the pins with using only enough tension to ensure that it didn't fall to the 12:00 position.
Howdy!
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed Jun 29, 2011 5:03 pm

ChemicalRobot wrote:Hey xeo I know this is an old topic but I may have some advice. I've experienced something very similar on my ASSA 700 oval cylinder. It drops into quite possibly the deepest false set I've ever seen and provides absolutely NO counter-rotation when pushing up pins. Does this sound the same as your situation? I got around this by slowly using my tension wrench to bring it back closer to the 12:00 position (without going so far as to drop pins) and then once I got close I was able to re-gain the ability to lift the pins with using only enough tension to ensure that it didn't fall to the 12:00 position.

I tried that, couldn't find a binding pin. I'm thinking this thing has super deep countermilling with those :assaspool: pins. I'll try it again.
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

mister sour

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 2:53 am

u ever get this lock picked?
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 6:12 am

mister sour wrote:u ever get this lock picked?

I haven't touched it in a long time.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

thehunter

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 11:59 am

I don't know if this model exactly have this mechanism , but more of the european locks(FAC,Thromer, etc...) have a clutch, that is a piece of metal in the middle of the lock with an spring that retains the mechanism.To open only insert a half diamond when you pick the lock in the midle of the keyway and push until the bottom, the lock turns until the end.(Sorry with my English).
<<

ImSchatten360

Familiar Face

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:31 pm

I would like to try to pick this tough ASSA :-)
http://www.youtube.com/ImSchatten360 Wanted: Bilock, For Sale: ASSA RUKO 3
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 12:37 pm

I just received one of these from Uklockpicker!! I will pick it real quick and put some pics up on youtube of what is in it!!
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Fri Oct 21, 2011 9:53 pm

If ya wanna see what is in mine here it is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62FiiDBJcdM
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:27 pm

There's definitely something in here stopping the plug from turning. Nothing in the bottom of the keyway... I may have to take this apart.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:24 am

may I see a picture of the bottom of the cylinder? looks like there are a couple of extra holes close to the usual pin holes. maybe these are hidden active pins... the key pushes them down, your pick doesn't.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:15 pm

You think these are trap pins or something?

Picture 184.jpg

Picture 185.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

femurat

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Oct 23, 2011 2:40 pm

yes I did... but I was wrong. those are just anti drill inserts. sorry :(

Return to ASSA/Abloy