FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

ASSA SCB 7-Pin cylinder with trap pins

<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 16, 2011 7:26 pm

ASSA SCB 7-Pin cylinder with trap pins

Hey all, I just wanted to show this really awesome ASSA cylinder that I received from Finland. I hadn't even heard about this sort. It's an ASSA SCB (not SCD), and it appears to have trap pins at the 11:00 and 1:00 positions. It also has two magnetic pins in it. I'm looking to see if anybody here has any more information about it. I'm a bit scared to try to pick it because I don't know how the trap pins function, and I'd hate to not be able to get it back to working condition.

DSC00597.JPG
DSC00595.JPG
DSC00599.JPG
DSC00598.JPG

It appears that there are rods that connect with the trap pin holes. I think I also see a bearing in each one.
Any information about how the trap pins function and whether I would be able to get it working again without drilling would be appreciated! :D

Needless to say, I'm in the process of writing a thank-you note to the person who traded it to me!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Howdy!
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Mon May 16, 2011 7:27 pm

Re: ASSA SCB 7-Pin cylinder with trap pins

Thanks for giving me an extremely large erection....

That looks like a real sweet lock!
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 16, 2011 7:28 pm

I WANT ONE....can this person get more??? I will pay lots.

Trap pins fall into the key pin holes when they line up, basically making you pick them, but they are an absolute bitch to pick in the lock I have with trap pins. when the key is inserted the trap pins don't engage obviously because the pins are at shear.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 16, 2011 7:29 pm

Also...so is there only one trap pin in each side, since there is one hole and all? I don't think picking 1 trap pin should be a huge pain in the ass.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon May 16, 2011 7:32 pm

chris wrote:I WANT ONE....can this person get more??? I will pay lots.

good question... im curious myself ;)
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Mon May 16, 2011 7:32 pm

I agree with Chris, I have never seen one with one trap pin per side normally multiple. Maybe since you see bearings it is just anti-drill protection???
<<

ChemicalRobot

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 16, 2011 7:34 pm

chris wrote:Also...so is there only one trap pin in each side, since there is one hole and all? I don't think picking 1 trap pin should be a huge pain in the ass.

Well what I'm afraid of is that since I don't know how it functions, it may have a mechanism that blocks the trap pins from rising up once it drops.

I agree with Chris, I have never seen one with one trap pin per side normally multiple. Maybe since you see bearings it is just anti-drill protection???
The person that I got it from said it has trap pins, and they can clearly be felt when you turn the key pas the 11 and 1 positions.
Howdy!
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 16, 2011 9:25 pm

Hi, guys!
The letters SCD or SCB are short for Security Cylinder Drillprotected, and the same in Swedish. I think the model is 700-series?
Its kind of hard for me to explain the function of the trap pins, but I´ll try;
There is a pinstack with two pins and a spring parallel to the keyway for each of the trap pins. The actual trap pins rests on the shearlines of these additional stacks, and when the trap fires, you can not push the pin back into chamber because sring pushes a pin to the way.
When the lock is not fitted and you have no key stuck in the keyway you can pick the shearline open with a needle from the hole in the top, hold it open and then pick the trap pin through the keyway.
I had three opf these locks, one now traded, one fired its trap with a key in the lock, so I had to dremmell ity a little, and the third... I don´t know if I want to trade it.

-Wizer
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 16, 2011 9:40 pm

Wizer, any way you can get your hands on an ASSA d12 since you are in that area of Europe?
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 17, 2011 7:38 am

chris wrote:Wizer, any way you can get your hands on an ASSA d12 since you are in that area of Europe?

Sorry, no. I haven´t even seen one. They mostly push Abloy here. I will keep my eyes open tho.
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Tue May 17, 2011 9:42 am

chris wrote:Wizer, any way you can get your hands on an ASSA d12 since you are in that area of Europe?

I will keep my eyes out for you chris - there was a coulpe on ebay uk last week they come up around once a month here
They do have assa euro cylinders on ebay uk at the min for around £20.00 around $34.00
Like i say ill keep my eyes out for ya :salute:
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue May 17, 2011 10:32 am

uklockpicker wrote:

I will keep my eyes out for you chris - there was a coulpe on ebay uk last week they come up around once a month here
They do have assa euro cylinders on ebay uk at the min for around £20.00 around $34.00
Like i say ill keep my eyes out for ya :salute:

They had the "ASSA d12" on ebay UK? the new version of the 700? I shall be keeping my eyes on there now too.
<<

the picker

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 17, 2011 11:23 am

do the magnetic pins interact with the key or jest within the pin stacks ???
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 17, 2011 9:26 pm

The opposite magnets hold the shearline closed. It makes bumping or raking quite hard. I´ve never picked a fully pinned one of these. Its the counter millings in the pincolums that make this hard. You´ll see, Chemical. :twisted:
Here are some photos:
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Wed May 18, 2011 5:40 am

The keypins are magnetized and attract the drivers? It seems like those two drivers with a blackened inside contain magnetized steel?
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
Next

Return to ASSA/Abloy