FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Me home lock : DOM diamant

<<

barbarian

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 7:58 pm

Re: Me home lock : DOM diamant

According to the Falle catalog, they make a tool for the Dom "Diamond" as they call it.

Perhaps that is a different model. But then again the catalog I saw was an older catalog too. So maybe they make newer tools.

They say it has 10 rotating disks and the picture of the key they show looks just like yours..

Like to be alone in Falles storage area with a camera for a day.... :cool:
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:18 pm

Wow! Did ya get a load of the key for that thing? Holy smokes! That's gotta be TOUGH! Tool from Falle or not.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

WhitePicker

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:30 am

I simple think this isnt lockpick able
It will be even tough if they make a tool special for this kinda lock :p
<<

mentoOsmann

Familiar Face

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 4:18 am

I have no idea how one could pick it but because it's mechanically operating it can be picked given the right tools and amount of time.
<<

barbarian

Post Sun Aug 29, 2010 6:54 am

Looked through the catalog again.

They say that the tool takes 3 minutes to open the lock with a skilled operator. It also provides a code for making a key. They say this lock is easier than the Abus Granite to open.

Falle makes some wild tools. They list among others, tools for the BiLock, Abus Granite, and Evva 3KS locks.

Edit >>
Let me expand my question a bit.. does using a decoder tool or variable key tool count as picking ? Or is it sort of like cheating ?

It probably takes less skill than what we think of as "pure" picking. But a lot of credit has to go to the guy that made the tool. Some locks might not be "pick-able" without a very complex tool. For me it still counts as picking because it's opening the lock without a key.

Thoughts ??
<<

WhitePicker

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:01 am

http://dom.co.za/domdiamant.asp
Here can you see some info about it
it does have 21 Discs so i think they are meaning a very skilled operator and luck :p
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:24 am

21 discs and 4 sidebars!!! That is one cool looking lock and key.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:26 am

I don't know where this 21 discs thing is coming from... there are 10. I know it says in the catalogue that there are 21 but I think they mean total, ie. both sides, which to me is misleading. According to LSS+ and every single diagram I can find there are only 10 discs in each side. The discs have false gates which can frustrate picking, but it is very possible to open these in under 5 minutes with enough practice.

They're still high security, just simpler than Abloy. They only have one profile, so only one universal tool is necessary to open them. An added bonus of this is that there is no multi-profiling in the discs to worry about either, so picking them compared to an Abloy is actually relatively simple.

You can view a pic of the decoder from Locks, Safes & Security by Marc Weber Tobias here. It is referred to as the DOM Diamond in LSS+ because Diamant is the German word; they're the same lock.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:08 am

after watching the LSS+ vid... ima go with... wow...
and its not a variable key tool, its just a pick like the abus granite pick...

also, the 21 disks come from... 10 disks, 10 spacers, 1 rubber oring (pushes the sidebars out)

there are only 10 cuts on the key and only 10 disks need to be manipulated
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:41 am

LSA do you have those vids on your ftp server by any chance? Would love to take a look :D
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:44 am

no... but they are for sale ;)
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:51 am

I was just reading up on the lock in High-security mechanical locks: an encyclopedic reference and he says it only has 3 sidebars, I thought I saw 4, and the 21 discs are 10 active discs an 11 separator discs. Still looks like a bastard to pick!!
<<

magician59

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 1:47 pm

Solomon wrote:I don't know where this 21 discs thing is coming from... there are 10. I know it says in the catalogue that there are 21 but I think they mean total, ie. both sides, which to me is misleading. According to LSS+ and every single diagram I can find there are only 10 discs in each side. The discs have false gates which can frustrate picking, but it is very possible to open these in under 5 minutes with enough practice.

They're still high security, just simpler than Abloy. They only have one profile, so only one universal tool is necessary to open them. An added bonus of this is that there is no multi-profiling in the discs to worry about either, so picking them compared to an Abloy is actually relatively simple.

You can view a pic of the decoder from Locks, Safes & Security by Marc Weber Tobias here. It is referred to as the DOM Diamond in LSS+ because Diamant is the German word; they're the same lock.

They're cheating by referring to the spacers as rotating discs.
Nemo Malus Felix
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Sep 01, 2010 3:53 pm

barbarian wrote:Looked through the catalog again.

They say that the tool takes 3 minutes to open the lock with a skilled operator. It also provides a code for making a key. They say this lock is easier than the Abus Granite to open.

Falle makes some wild tools. They list among others, tools for the BiLock, Abus Granite, and Evva 3KS locks.

Edit >>
Let me expand my question a bit.. does using a decoder tool or variable key tool count as picking ? Or is it sort of like cheating ?

It probably takes less skill than what we think of as "pure" picking. But a lot of credit has to go to the guy that made the tool. Some locks might not be "pick-able" without a very complex tool. For me it still counts as picking because it's opening the lock without a key.

Thoughts ??

My thought is that, If you use any tool other than the operationg key to open a lock, the lock has been picked open.
I don't think that it matters if it's not your traditional "Lock pick", no matter how complex the tool is.
Sometimes the added bonus is that you get to decode it at the same time.
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
Next

Return to Hi-Security Locks