FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Corbin Russwin Emhart

<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:49 pm

Re: Corbin Russwin Emhart

Unpickable POS... way to easy to rotate those pins sideways in that keyway where they hing and feel like a false set. The true set is near undetectable.
<<

Farmerfreak

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 6:03 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:Unpickable POS... way to easy to rotate those pins sideways in that keyway where they hing and feel like a false set. The true set is near undetectable.

I keep thinking that maybe, possibly, there is a chance that you could intentionally pick it to the so called false set with the pins sideways. And then try and rotate them from there. You've probably already tried that. It's just a thought.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:17 pm

If there was a way to grab the pins securely enough that might work, except once they hing they're near impossible to rotate as far as I can tell. Though I'm not sure how that would change if there was also standard pinstacks in the lock.
<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:17 pm

I know this is a few months old but better than starting a new post.

I know i'm still a noob on high security and you guys are pros, but I do have an Emhart in the mail right now and I'm not saying I'll be the one to figure this thing out in anyway, I have heard that a few have picked it but could not un pick it and messed the lock up, but here are my questions.

1. Do the pins only have specific rotations? I've heard something like 20 degrees in either direction, kind of like medecos. And if they only have specific rotations:
2. Could you design a diamond type pick, you'd need three i guess, with the rotation filed into it, it'd need to be almosts as thick as the key, you could come from the back going foward while pushing upwards to set, but it would help in guiding the pin to the right rotation?

Again I'm still learning this stuff and some of you have probably already thought of this stuff but I'm sure once this thing is picked effectively it will only be a matter of how it was done for everyone else to figure it out.
http://www.youtube.com/wolfspring

What you call intelligence, I call common sense.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:01 pm

yes the pins only rotate 20 0 and -20 just like medeco...
im working on mine with a hook pick that ive odified to have angles on it... i think ima do some more modding of tools and keep trying, i can get it with 2 pins lol... but i dont mess with it often...
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:47 am

So I got mine in the mail today and I've got a question. How do I properly disassemble it, I'm assuming put the key in take the pack blate off and plug follow it, but during reassemebly do the driver pins have to go in a certain way? I'm worried about messing this lock up if they are not in there just right.

<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:02 pm

you would assum wrong... Because the keypins and drivers interlock the ONLY way to nde dissasemble it is to rwmove the cap on top of the lock... Good luck lol, b careful not to bend the cap
<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 1:07 pm

Yeah considering I tried and that didn't work, now I can't figure out how to get that spring cover off. I scratched the hell out of it trying to priy/slide it out the only stuff I can find on getting it off is to wedge it out, pretty much bend it then flatten it back in, or get it out and drill the holes and put something in there to put screw caps in. Any advice on how to not destroy that spring cover?

<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:24 pm

I took a sharp sweeper bristle and put it under the back and wedged it up enough 2 grab it with pliars... Pull it out w pliars and re flatten the small amnt of bend you will put in it... After you hammer it flat file a bit on the edges and it'll slide in easier... Don't file 2 much though

(sorry typed this from my phone
<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:29 pm

I finally got it and made a quck release cover for it out of a pen clip, did yours have 5 or 6 pins? Mine's only got five, it was funny clip came off i stabbed myself and spent 5 mins looking for the sixth spring just to realize there wasn't 6 pins...

<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:05 pm

yes... 5 pins n a 6 pin core... but the 1 i dissassembled had 6... i have another1... i may put ur quick release thingy on this one ive got... may make a yt vid
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 8:23 pm

wolf, was urs masterpinned... the master pins are sooo cool...
<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:32 pm

3 of the 5 were and it is so cool gives me hope that it will be a little easier too

<<

chieflittlehorse

Post Thu Jan 13, 2011 4:03 am

I don't understand why Medeco would sue Corbin/Russwin as I believe it was Medeco who stole the idea from Emhart, from what I've learned about in lock history.

I'm sure that Emhart had the rotational pin before MEDECO stole that idea. Unless it has to do with Patent expiration and such, I do not know.

Just my 2 cents worth!

PS: I have made a masterkeying program for this type of lock but not giving it away at this time. But can give some examples if need be.

Chieflittlehorse!
You leave my GRAPHITE alone!!!
<<

datagram

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 06, 2011 9:30 am

chieflittlehorse wrote:I don't understand why Medeco would sue Corbin/Russwin as I believe it was Medeco who stole the idea from Emhart, from what I've learned about in lock history.

I'm sure that Emhart had the rotational pin before MEDECO stole that idea. Unless it has to do with Patent expiration and such, I do not know.

Medeco Original/Classic patents are from the 60s, the Emhart was first patented in the mid 70s and the lawsuit was in 1975. For more information (including patent references), visit:

http://lockwiki.com/index.php/Medeco_Original
http://lockwiki.com/index.php/Corbin_Emhart

datagram
PreviousNext

Return to Hi-Security Locks