FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

EVVA 3KS

<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:12 pm

EVVA 3KS

Here is a nice review of the 3KS and how it works:
(this is a direct copy of what is on my website and can be found along with other locks @ http://www.locksmitharmy.com/locks.php)

The EVVA 3KS has 3 sidebar like things that interact with the housing. 2 are true sidebars that contact the housing and 6 slider pins each, and the third contacts the top of the key which has a number of angled cuts in it.

3KS KEYS.JPG

The keys have 3 sidewinder lines cut in each side, each line is a different depth. It also has a V shape cut at the tip. The V cut catches all the sliders and forces them into a chanel where they are slit along the sidewinder cuts based on depth and number of pins, which you will read about next. The keys also interact the sidebard on the side at the enlongated notch just before the bow of the key.

3KS SLIDERS.JPG

Next, the sliders, contact the key and the sidebars. On one side are round pins that interact with the key, and the other side has notches which interact with the sidebar. You may notice some sliders have 2 pins and others only have one. Now look back at the key. you may notice 2 of the 3 lines are exactly the same, these 2 lines dont go as far into the key as the 3rd line. So the double sliders go in the 2 lines that are alike, and the single sliders dont go in either of those lines because they are to long to fit, so they are pushed all the way to the center of the V cut and enter the 3rd "unique" line.

3KS SIDEBARS.JPG

Now we get to the sidebars themselves. The 2 outer sidebars (on the outside of the image) have 2 springs each and a large tab to the front which goes through the plug and into the key and a small tab which also goes into the plug. The part of these 2 sidebars that contact the pins are the 2 lines that are above and below the springs. These 2 lines sink into the 2 cuts in each slider pin. The 3rd sidebar sits ontop of the key and it has angled cuts that match the angled cuts on top of the key. When picking this is not a bother because if the wrong key is inserted this sidebar will be pushed up into the housing, if NO key is inserted, the sidebar is not pushed up at all, so it is ignored.

3KS PLUG.JPG

You can see in the plug, at the very top, is the sop sidebar, just to the side of that are 6 holes for 6 slider pins, there are 6 holes on the other side aswell. These 12 holes go all the way through the lock so the slider pins can extrude to the top or bottom of the plug and into the housing, and it will still turn (you will see in the next paragraph). On the median of the plug is a large slot for 1 sidebar, on the other side is the same slot, you can see the spot for the 2 tabs to sink in to keep the sidebar straight, and the front slot goes all the way through so the sidebar can contact the key.

3KS HOUSING.JPG

Lastly the housing.The housing has slots for all the sidebars and slots for all the slider pins to extrude. This means, as stated before, that the pins can extrude from the plug and the lock still work, this makes taking the lock apart a pain.

Because I have to many pictures and not enough words, I will explain how to take this lock apart if you have one. On the tailpiece there is a little cover that is held in by a roll pin, this pin needs to be knocked out, I used a 1/16in drill bit and it fit perfectly, hit it with some pliars I had handy and it popped right out(easier than expected). Then the circlip that is on every lock, no big deal. Now to finally remove the plug you need to get all the sliders pulled into the lock, so hitting it on one side should knock the sliders to that side... then slide a shim in the other side. Then knock the lock on the side that the shim is in and it will push all the sliders aginst the shim, and the plug will slide out. The key is not necessary.

Now to the fun part, to pick this lock you need a long thin prod to raise and lower each slider pin, tension is applied normally and the top sidebar is ignored. I have not picked this lock with all its sliders in it, but I am getting there.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:05 pm

Re: EVVA 3KS

Excellent writeup! great pics,and easy to follow.
nail it to the wall, LSA.
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:07 pm

Shit, I guess I forgot to submit my reply before stikying the thread...

LSA, nice work there! Very detailed and informative!
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

bezza1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:26 pm

nice write up mate
keep going dont look back allways achive your goals
and follow your dreams................
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:51 pm

awol70 wrote:Excellent writeup! great pics,and easy to follow.
nail it to the wall, LSA.
:agree:

Excellent addition :D
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat May 08, 2010 9:01 pm

just to add an update

Evva3ks 4p.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by LocksmithArmy on Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

bouncer965

Post Mon May 10, 2010 1:07 pm

May be a stupid question but is it pickable? Great pictures and explanation.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon May 10, 2010 2:16 pm

that's a pretty intense looking lock man...so you manipulate the sliders like you would the pins?
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon May 10, 2010 2:42 pm

bouncer, the post above urs has a picture of a picked one bro

you simply raise and lower the sliders with any probe, I made one from a small wiper insert and I put a dimple in the tip. I have seen people use hooks to do it
<<

bouncer965

Post Mon May 10, 2010 2:45 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:bouncer, the post above urs has a picture of a picked one bro

you simply raise and lower the sliders with any probe, I made one from a small wiper insert and I put a dimple in the tip. I have seen people use hooks to do it

Hahaha twat of the day award goes to me :???: :???:
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

Cox

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:45 am

Yet, the question remains "Is it pickable?"!

I've just spent 2 days on this lock and was happy to find this site. Unfortunately the above picture is clearly a fake!
The lock in the picture has the outer sidebars removed. In a picked lock you would see the ends of the sidebars, 'grabbing the key' at the front end of the keyway.

So, as I am no pro-picker myself... I am very interested to know if anyone has actually picked one of these. I would be very interested to know how that would have been done - via PM of course
And please don't mention the decoder, unless you are able to send me a picture of it, together with a detailed description on how it works ;)
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:29 am

http://lockwiki.com/index.php/File:Lockpicking_EVVA_3KS_picked.jpg
here is another one for ur viewing pleasure

AND what do you mean dont mention the decoder unless you can provide a picture and description... are you skeptical of its existance or someting...

the images in this pdf are the only images I have of the decoder without taking screenshots of the VIDEO I have of falle describing and using the tool... If ur that interested in it purchase the gov edition of LSS+ and it will have the video (aswell as many many more videos)

and that is not a faked image... the sidebars have had their prongs grinded down so it wouldnt grab my pick when it opened... (this was done in an attempt to not grab my pick, which turned out to be useless when i actually got one picked as the sidebars dont protrude enough to actually grab the pick, unless u have a stupid thick one)

Ill work on another pick for ya (as soon as i dig out my 3ks, im moving now and its in a box...) I have a second 3ks that is unmodified so the prongs will be visable.

and there is no need to pm info on this lock... its not restriceted to super advanced forums here

just feel it out man, one slider at a time... work up from lower security slider locks first then try to tackle this one...
<<

Cox

Post Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:50 am

Thanks for the quick reply!
The second picture is little more convincing - unfortunately - as you can not see into the keyway... so you can not see the 'pins'. But then I guess no picture is fake-proof...
Though I am also a skeptic to some degree, my colleague is very hard to convince when it comes to photo-evidence...

Working for the government, I wish we had the LSS+ gov. edition, but I guess Germany is too poor for that. There is one copy I know of, but I can't really wait for ages, having it mailed here, with this.
- Which doesn't mean I am not interested in the pictures you offered..! I am always trying to expand my horizon :)

And thanks a lot for the pictures of the decoder! I will have to sit down tomorrow and work out how it might work :) Just hard to find some pics of it on the internet. Got me a little frustrated today...

How long would it take you to pick this sort of lock? And (for me) most importantly, what type of pick would you use?
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:12 pm

I have recently modified a peterson reach which should cut my picking dime down quite a bit... usint the decoder it soucl take abt 10 mins... hopefully wiht my new pick i can get my picking time down that low for yt... also i updated the pic above with a 3ks that has not been filed down... hopefully ill have it on yt soon

(yes i know its been forever since this thread has been posted too but ive started trying to cut my time for yt and figured id update)
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:52 am

I work on these locks on a daily basis.
To take them apart , we have a special key from Evva. It has the slot for the long pins in the center of the key , and the parallel groove just around that. This keeps the pins in the center of the core , so we can take it out without trouble.

Here's a pic of 2 of these. It's a bit blurry , I know.
The one on top is for our profile of 3KS+
The lower one is for the normal 3KS , any profile.

Next

Return to Hi-Security Locks