FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Toool membership questions...

<<

cyrano138

Post Fri May 18, 2012 9:49 pm

Toool membership questions...

I emailed toool after reading on their website that that was the proper way to apply for membership. I was only wondering if it usually takes a while to hear something. Also, the website said that they would put applicants in touch with local chapters, but what if there is no local chapter near me? I live in Sarasota FL and I think the closest one is well into North Florida. Anyway, I just wanted to show some support for the group and let's be honest it's always cool to be part of a club.

Jack

*Edit* I guess I should have checked first to see if it isn't some kind of faux pas to ask about Toool membership here, but on inspection I couldn't find anything about it, so I'm just leaving the post up. Sorry if it's frowned upon--I'll take it down if that's the case. If I seem overly cautious it's because I was just reading one after the other smackdown posts on 'the other forum'. It was like watching someone get kicked in the juevos.
"One cyrano video was all that I needed to cure my serratatosus."
<<

ahab

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat May 19, 2012 7:43 am

Re: Toool membership questions...

my 2 cents...

let us all know what you find out, i would love to be a member, but from the people ive talked to, they have honorary members that dont have groups they can socialize with, toool is cool no doubt, but if you dont have a group to meet up with, then all your doing is paying dues for a t-shirt you could have just bought.
groups are only fun to be in, if you get to actually BE IN THE GROUP. good luck with that though. im in afghanistan, you better believe i wont be hooking up with a group from over here.
i tried to get the keypicking community to put together a group, but there just wasnt enough 'fire in the belly' so to speak or interest. i mean, we have a website and everything, all we need is annual fees and tshirts and you got your self the 2nd biggest club in the US for this sport.
but what do i know?
<<

cyrano138

Post Sat May 19, 2012 8:39 am

What do you know? More than I do, by the sound of it. :)

There's a chapter that meets regularly in Jacksonville which is in my state but unfortunately still about five hours away, so I won't be getting together with them anytime soon. I don't mind paying dues to support an organization even if that's all I'm really doing--as long as the dues aren't outrageous (more than, say, 20 or 30 bucks a year). If they're much more I wouldn't bother.

I'd be very much interested in helping to put together a group here. Out of all the resources and forums dedicated to this sport, Keypicking.com has to be hands down the most friendly, helpful, and informative one. It feels more like a community of peers and friends than anything. Hell we should at least make some t-shirts. I'm sure it's not cheap to keep the forums running and doing so could rustle up a little coin for the admins. Maybe there are t-shirts already?
<<

ahab

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat May 19, 2012 8:57 am

thats it, im officially nominating myself as a chairman of the board of the Unofficial Keypicking Club.
our first official meeting of our Unofficial keypicking Club is now in motion.
first order of business, we each donated $20 by July 4th. to the Keypicking website.
2nd order of business, have some t-shirts designed by July 4th for our 2 members (me and you) to wear proudly to our meetings (on here)
3rd and last order of business, have fun, drink beer, get laid if you can, and pick those locks.
Meeting Adjourned.
<<

muddassarusa

Familiar Face

Post Sat May 19, 2012 11:17 am

ahab wrote:thats it, im officially nominating myself as a chairman of the board of the Unofficial Keypicking Club.
first order of business, we each donated $20 by July 4th. to the Keypicking website.
2nd order of business, have some t-shirts designed by July 4th for our 2 members (me and you) to wear proudly to our meetings (on here)
3rd and last order of business, have fun, drink beer, get laid if you can, and pick those locks.
Meeting Adjourned.

I am new here but I love to join any good peoples club which can improve knowledge each of us and that part love it. I am in Lower Delaware by the beaches. :drool: :chill:
<<

ahab

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat May 19, 2012 11:45 am

muddassarusa wrote:
ahab wrote:thats it, im officially nominating myself as a chairman of the board of the Unofficial Keypicking Club.
Meeting Adjourned.

I am new here but I love to join any good peoples club which can improve knowledge each of us and that part love it. I am in Lower Delaware by the beaches. :drool: :chill:

hello sir! welcome to the Unofficial Keypicking Club!! I am your Lead Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Cyrano is your Vice Chairman and will lead as
chairman pro-tempore in my place should I not be able to attend our meetings. It just so happens, the Unofficial Keypicking Club has an opening in its ranks. Would you like to join?

Current club members present for the vote of our newest prospect, in favor say aye..... AYE!
Current club members present for the vote of our newest prospect, all those opposed say nay.....

Congrats! You are our official, new member, of the Unofficial Keypicking Club-International.
Don't forget your dues, will be due July 4th. An annual donation of $20 usd to the Keypicking website.
Shirts and merchandise will be available soon to all party members.
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat May 19, 2012 11:59 am

Pfft, you can't have a club without silly hats...

Also, if you're looking for a design for your shirts, I'd recommend this one.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

cyrano138

Post Sat May 19, 2012 4:24 pm

Aedalas wrote:Also, if you're looking for a design for your shirts, I'd recommend this one.

I was just wondering how we could work pedo-bear into this situation. :P
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun May 20, 2012 1:49 am

Actually we are going to do a production run of Keypicking.com T-shirts, hopefully soon.
We wanted to do it before now, life just gets busy sometimes.

Since there seems to be enough demand, I'll try to make some inquiries this week to iron out the details. If we're going to do this, I'd like to make sure they're nice shirts and not something threadbare and low quality.

What we've been discussing is giving out a shirt for a minimum donation of some sort. Once we have a design and determine what will be the actual production cost of the shirts will be, we'll make a forum post listing what the donation amount will be to get one.

Stay tuned...
<<

Lumpy

Familiar Face

Post Sun May 20, 2012 1:56 am

Don't forget fat and tall sizes.... :D
-= Lumpy =-
<<

ahab

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun May 20, 2012 1:59 am

Lumpy wrote:Don't forget fat and tall sizes.... :D

i will definitely need a few XXL, to be available to order.
and if you just get 100% cotton, they will shrink. im stuck out here, in a land far far away, with 10...100% cotton tshirts that make me look like the marshmellow man. fuck my life.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 20, 2012 3:23 am

ahab wrote:

and if you just get 100% cotton, they will shrink. im stuck out here, in a land far far away, with 10...100% cotton tshirts that make me look like the marshmellow man. fuck my life.

Did you take any locks and picks with you to amuse yourself on your downtime?
<<

cyrano138

Post Sun May 20, 2012 7:00 am

I've had a few shirts made for myself at a site called spreadshirt (google it since I'm not sure I can post a link here). They offer everything from Hanes up to American Apparel, which are really nice shirts, and you can order as few or as many as you like. I'm definitely in for a shirt.
<<

ahab

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun May 20, 2012 9:27 am

piotr wrote:
ahab wrote:

Did you take any locks and picks with you to amuse yourself on your downtime?

yes i did, infact i regreted it too, because i had 150lbs worth of gear, that i had to carry around for 3 weeks, by myself, on and off helocopters and planes, but, now that im in a solid state of living, i have with me my

Medeco Pinning Mat
Mul-T-Lock Mogul Cylinder
Mul-T-Lock Padlock
Medeco Classic
American 5200s , 1100, and others
Master locks 1,3
My best pick set, to include but no limited to a Ratyoke pick, The Picker Picks, JRuther2 picks and my peterson picks

and i have already ordered, and in route to my location from sparrows
Sparrows Pinning Mat
Sparrows Pick Gun
Sparrows Tensor Set

and i have two custom Violator picks being made for me as we speak.

so im actually collecting more now that i have a steady pay, even though im in afghanistan.

thankx for asking piotr! when can i order a set of picks from you?

P.S. my paypal account has been frozen because of all my expendatures from this location, until i can get it sorted out through mail in the states, my paypal is locked up! lol.
<<

piotr

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun May 27, 2012 7:21 am

ahab wrote:
piotr wrote:
ahab wrote:yes i did, infact i regreted it too, because i had 150lbs worth of gear, that i had to carry around for 3 weeks, by myself, on and off helocopters and planes, but, now that im in a solid state of living, i have with me my

Medeco Pinning Mat
Mul-T-Lock Mogul Cylinder
Mul-T-Lock Padlock
Medeco Classic
American 5200s , 1100, and others
Master locks 1,3
My best pick set, to include but no limited to a Ratyoke pick, The Picker Picks, JRuther2 picks and my peterson picks

and i have already ordered, and in route to my location from sparrows
Sparrows Pinning Mat
Sparrows Pick Gun
Sparrows Tensor Set

and i have two custom Violator picks being made for me as we speak.

so im actually collecting more now that i have a steady pay, even though im in afghanistan.

thankx for asking piotr! when can i order a set of picks from you?

P.S. my paypal account has been frozen because of all my expendatures from this location, until i can get it sorted out through mail in the states, my paypal is locked up! lol.

Lol! That's quite a bit of kit!

I hope to order 3 custom Violator picks soon. I received my ChonkyTonks picks recently and they are beautifully made. Regarding my polymer clay creations, I hope to get back into the craft but I'm not quite right at the moment and don't trust myself around power tools. Hopefully soon. I'm glad to hear that you have a steady income and that you are in a good state, well done. Yeah, Afghanistan is one of the high risk countries for credit card fraud.

The quality and craftsmanship in custom-made picks has just been pushed so far in the last few years (I'm guessing inspired by the brilliant Ratyoke) that they have become true collectibles, just like custom-made knives.

Take care.

Return to Groups