FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Northern California TOOOL group

<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:34 am

Northern California TOOOL group

Wow. It has been far too long since I have posted anything here. I hope you all are doing well. A big hello to all I know already and to those I don't know yet. Moving across the country and getting settled right in the middle of a worldwide economic meltdown has been difficult and time consuming, but finally up and moving after a solid year of limbo. My apologies for this plug being my first post since coming back. It's just all I've been doing with my free time lately and it's finally coming together. Promise this won't be the last.

First, yes, it is actually happening. We will be having the first real meeting of the Northern California chapter of TOOOL in San Francisco this weekend, Sunday June 13th. It has taken a lot of time and effort to get here, but we're ready to hit the ground running. We have teamed up with an organization called Noise Bridge https://www.noisebridge.net/wiki/Noisebridge who have been kind enough to let us use their space for our meetings. Also, the nice folks at TOOOL were kind enough to send us a bunch of locks and picks to play with.

Soooo, if you live in the Bay Area we would love to have you join us this weekend. This first meeting will just be an informal couple hours to meet some like minded people in the area, pick some locks, drink some beers, and show off your exotic unpickables. We are anticipating get-togethers at least once a month, but possibly every couple weeks depending upon interest. So if you can make it, stop by and say hello.

Second, we will be hosting speakers to come and enlighten us on different locks, physical security, and methods of manipulation. We will be recording these presentations and I thought the best way to disseminate that information to all who find it valuable would be to post the videos here. So as we ramp things up be on the lookout for great talks and demonstrations from some very knowledgeable people within the industry.

I guess that's about it. It's great to see a lot of familiar user names still posting around here. The site looks awesome and the hard work poured into it certainly shows.

Details for our first meeting are below. If you can't make it, but would like to be added to the google group so you know when meetings are happening, PM me your email address.

Where:
Noise Bridge
2169 Mission St
San Francisco, CA
http://maps.google.com/?q=2169+Mission+Street,+94110

When:
Sunday, June 13th
3:00 - 5:00pm
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:26 pm

Re: Northern California TOOOL group

Welcome back Kai - good to see an old hand back at KeyPicking! :yep:
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:44 pm

Welcome back, Kai.
looking forward to the videos...
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:03 am

Thanks. It's great to be back :) We get a lot of high profile traffic coming through San Francisco so I am particularly excited about guest speakers/presenters. As soon as we do anything exciting, you all will be the first to know.

Strangely, I'm also kind of enjoying the fact that I haven't been here in so long. It's like missing an entire season of your favorite show and getting to watch it online with no commercials. Sooo much to read...
<<

Kai

Familiar Face

Post Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:08 am

Our first meeting! http://tooolsf.imgur.com/

Return to Groups