FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Fogle moscow spy story

<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri May 17, 2013 10:20 am

Fogle moscow spy story

I have seen the various google news stories about the 'american spy' caught in moscow.

the wig is really so bad that it would attract attention, not distract it .

there are two wigs and three pairs of glasses on the table. theres a letter that recommends a new gmail account made with a new computer or tablet.
theres a cell phone that I assume is a 'burner' not linked to anybody real since these things are tracking devices,
the plastic envelops appear to be stuffed with 500 euro bills, a mini swiss army knife, and another possibly fighting folding knife. a bic lighter, and some other stuff that is either obvious, or identified in the news stories

there is also a large apparently tubular black device at the right back of the table, this is not identified, looks like a wireless mike for karaoke, or it could be an updated potato masher grenade,

anybody recognize this thing?

the wigs are silly, a few diffent hats would suffice, and a easily packable nylon jacket, he must have had these things in a bag or in his car?
did he have someone with him watching over this first contact? someone to report back or drive a crash car into it?

it seems very amateur

any one else mistified by that black tube that is not explained in the news sources?
<<

MrAnybody

The Muffin Man
The Muffin Man

Post Fri May 17, 2013 10:35 am

Re: Fogle moscow spy story

Hi Ray,

Personally, I think there is a lot more to this story than we're likely to know, of course. I agree that the wig options are almost comical from the point of view of being very ill fitting and his haircut style is not suited to them. A reversible jacket and a different baseball cap in his pocket would serve so much better. On the other hand sunglasses can be used to confuse face recognition software used on low def CCTV cameras in some cases.

The note book is also a huge f**king mistake.

The device you mention is identified as a pepper spray here.

Not sure how reliable that is though.

MrAnybody's Locks

DISCLAIMER: Reader may posit an understanding of what was written, while this may not coincide with the intended meaning of what is read. Use of brain is required. No purchase necessary. One size fits all, and may contain traces of gibberish.
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Fri May 17, 2013 3:04 pm

What is interesting is the timing I believe. There are several high level talk between the US and Russia nowadays. The fact that they decided to bust him now instead of quiet surveillance and intel gathering means that they wanted to pressure or at least strongly signal the US govt.
At least that's my take on it.
The Russians' action were planned or at least authorised at pretty high level I presume. And at such level everything is politics too. Especially spying and foreign policy.
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning
<<

ARF-GEF

Post Sat May 18, 2013 5:15 am

http://www.foreignpolicy.com/articles/2 ... still_rule

FP is a "shameless" mouthpiece of US govt but it still might be worth a read if you are interested in it. :)
To infinity... and beyond!
=== WARNING DANGER OF TYPOS!===
Arfspeak: calnin cladycomes: you allow her key in themodning
Equals in plain English: cleaning lady comes: you allow her key in the morning

Return to Current Events