Post Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:11 am

LayerOne 2011 Conference

Hello everyone,

Just a heads up that LayerOne 2011 is coming soon and if you are in the Los Angeles area (or want a nice vacation to LA!) you should definitely attend for a weekend filled with lockpicking, safecracking, hacking, socializing, and fun.

This year there will be a lot of lock activities going on at LayerOne, including several talks on physical security, a lockpicking village, and presentations and workshops by stand-up guys like Schuyler, Jon King, scorche, and Deviant Ollam. There will also be a number of lockpicking contests brought by TOOOL USA and Locksport International for all those interested in testing their skills. Like LayerOne 2009, scorche and I will be bringing a large portion of our high security/rare lock collections for display. Definitely a must-see if you are interested in lock designs from all around the world, including many cutaways and extremely hard to find locks.

The Tamper Evident Contest will also be happening, run by myself and Jon King. This is a challenge to see how well you can defeat mechanical and adhesive seals that are specifically designed to show evident of tampering, modification, or unauthorized access. More information on the contest here.

You can currently pre-register for LayerOne for a big discount, so do so while you can. Pre-reg link here: http://www.layerone.org/?page_id=87

I know a lot of the lock guys are excited about this conference, and so am I. I hope to see many of you there. Don't be shy; attend and come introduce yourself at the lockpicking village! Post here or PM me if you have any questions about the conference or the lockpicking village.

Thanks,
datagram