FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Burglars' stuff

<<

loki

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 4:04 pm

Burglars' stuff

For what its' worth. Here is an Oregon news story about two guys stoped by police and found to have lockpicks and more... including "doctored keys"

I wonder what the reporter meant by "doctored keys" ?

The link, to the story follows- http://www.oregonlive.com/west-linn/ind ... orted.html
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 5:39 pm

Re: Burglars' stuff

Yes, sir....running a red light - at night with "Ninja rocks", a switchblade knife, bump keys, lock picks, methamphetamine and stolen checks.... you can pretty much guarantee you're going to jail.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:16 pm

Interesting. I'm sure the article was refering to bump keys. Never heard of Ninja Rocks before. I guess the laws differ from state to state about the lockpicks. Or maybe they just hit them with the lockpick charge because obviously they are thieves. I know here in my state of Louisiana you can carry lockpicks as long as you dont pick a lock you dont have permission to pick. I actually called the state police and talked to them about it. That's what they told me. The worst of all of this, it gives us a bad rap.....These jackoffs are just going to make life harder on all of us honest pickers... I can see a crackdown on lockpicks in the future because of crackheads.
<<

bouncer965

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:19 pm

Riff wrote:Interesting. I'm sure the article was refering to bump keys. Never heard of Ninja Rocks before. I guess the laws differ from state to state about the lockpicks. Or maybe they just hit them with the lockpick charge because obviously they are thieves. I know here in my state of Louisiana you can carry lockpicks as long as you dont pick a lock you dont have permission to pick. I actually called the state police and talked to them about it. That's what they told me. The worst of all of this, it gives us a bad rap.....These jackoffs are just going to make life harder on all of us honest pickers... I can see a crackdown on lockpicks in the future because of crackheads.

In the u.k youd probably get charged with "going equiped" but even if you just got a screw driver on you, you could get nicked....depending on the cop.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Riff wrote:Or maybe they just hit them with the lockpick charge because obviously they are thieves.

Yeah, but Ithink the charge for the lockpicks came about because the stolen checks came from a business that the owner didn't even realize had been broken into.

It wasn't until the cops called him about the checks they'd found, that he realized he'd been burglarized.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:40 pm

bouncer965 wrote:
Riff wrote:Interesting. I'm sure the article was refering to bump keys. Never heard of Ninja Rocks before. I guess the laws differ from state to state about the lockpicks. Or maybe they just hit them with the lockpick charge because obviously they are thieves. I know here in my state of Louisiana you can carry lockpicks as long as you dont pick a lock you dont have permission to pick. I actually called the state police and talked to them about it. That's what they told me. The worst of all of this, it gives us a bad rap.....These jackoffs are just going to make life harder on all of us honest pickers... I can see a crackdown on lockpicks in the future because of crackheads.

In the u.k youd probably get charged with "going equiped" but even if you just got a screw driver on you, you could get nicked....depending on the cop.

I'm not surprised. It will also be that way here one day. We are getting closer and closer all the time....They are chipping away at our freedoms slowly but surely.....One day we will wake up and not be able to walk down the street with a screwdriver and without being constantly watched by camera. By that time it will be too late..............
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:40 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:
Riff wrote:Or maybe they just hit them with the lockpick charge because obviously they are thieves.

Yeah, but Ithink the charge for the lockpicks came about because the stolen checks came from a business that the owner didn't even realize had been broken into.

It wasn't until the cops called him about the checks they'd found, that he realized he'd been burglarized.

Ah I see Hallis....
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 7:03 pm

That was in West Linn, not far from where I live, just up the freeway a ways. Currently here in Oregon it's not illegal to carry the picks, like Hallis said, it's when you have them and are in possesion of stolen items, then it's a problem. After July 1st here in Oregon, we all have to have a state locksmith certificate, I am waiting to get mine, but thelockoutguys has gotten his, and basically it is a joke, and a way to get money from us. I figure we are looking at strict laws here real soon that will lead to it being prohibited to carry picks or any other locksmith tools unless we carry the card. In Oregon, if they figure you can make money, they feel that they need a chunk of it. This state is getting worse and worse. In my opinion, the best state still to be in is Idaho, they love to make money and will not stop you from trying to make a living.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

El Abogado

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:52 pm

loki wrote:For what its' worth. Here is an Oregon news story about two guys stoped by police and found to have lockpicks and more... including "doctored keys"

I wonder what the reporter meant by "doctored keys" ?

The link, to the story follows- http://www.oregonlive.com/west-linn/ind ... orted.html

Obviously not the brightest bulbs in the lot. Ninja rocks (DE), rocker keys and lock picks. I seriously doubt they could use any of them effectively, except perhaps the ninja rocks...

:lol:
<<

El Abogado

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:56 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:That was in West Linn, not far from where I live, just up the freeway a ways. Currently here in Oregon it's not illegal to carry the picks, like Hallis said, it's when you have them and are in possesion of stolen items, then it's a problem. After July 1st here in Oregon, we all have to have a state locksmith certificate, I am waiting to get mine, but thelockoutguys has gotten his, and basically it is a joke, and a way to get money from us. I figure we are looking at strict laws here real soon that will lead to it being prohibited to carry picks or any other locksmith tools unless we carry the card. In Oregon, if they figure you can make money, they feel that they need a chunk of it. This state is getting worse and worse. In my opinion, the best state still to be in is Idaho, they love to make money and will not stop you from trying to make a living.

Oregon is a paradise compared to the people's republic of California. Rekey a lock here without a locksmith license and the fine is $10,000.00. Five Thousand goes to the arresting police agency, and the other five thousand goes to the county/city where the "offense" occurred. On top of that, you can't get the locksmith license for one year after conviction.

IMHO this has absolutely nothing to do with protecting the public and everything to do with revenue generation.

41 States have NO locksmith license requirements and they get along just fine.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Fri Mar 05, 2010 10:23 pm

El Abogado wrote:IMHO this has absolutely nothing to do with protecting the public and everything to do with revenue generation.

Politicians....ptui....get a rope. :evil:

Return to Current Events