FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Puller

<<

MrPharmer2012

User avatar

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Posts: 436

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 am

Location: San Diego CA

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:17 pm

LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Puller

Hi all does anyone have an HPC Lever pull tool I can Purchase or borrow, I was alerted on ebay a few weeks back that one was for sale and buy the time I got on to buy it someone already hit buyit now, I have 2 locks at the office that are impossible to get picked and we dont have original keys, before we replace the whole lock handle set to rekey it I would like to be able to pull the handle and just replace the cylinder since everything else works fine, If someone has the item I can pay shipping there and back or if someone has one not in use I will purchase Just let me know TY.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Image
<<

mastersmith

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 550

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Location: Miami Township, Ohio

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:13 pm

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

Have you tried one of the "under the door tools"? They are generally very effective and don't cost all that much. Just tossin' out options!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

MrPharmer2012

User avatar

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Posts: 436

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 am

Location: San Diego CA

Post Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:52 pm

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

I have the under the door tool comes in Handy at office
The doors are unlocked but cant take lever off without turning key 90 degrees and depressing pin correct
Last edited by MrPharmer2012 on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image
<<

mastersmith

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 550

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Location: Miami Township, Ohio

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:07 am

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

It depends on the brand. Most can be compromised by disassembling the lockset. What brand? Maybe I have had experience.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

MrPharmer2012

User avatar

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Posts: 436

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 am

Location: San Diego CA

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:05 am

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

Schlage commercial grade 2 lever set
The locksmith that did our whole floor with the locks did not keep the key codes whenever he keyed up all of our locks and these two keys are not on our master key system so we requested that they get put on there the locksmith tried picking it and he couldn’t pick either one of them and then I spent about 15 or 20 minutes each on the locks clockwise and counterclockwise and I had a hard time getting the pins to set so at this point he said either leave it alone and not lock it or he’ll just replace them they are in good shape only 6 months old I don’t want to spend the money to replace them on the bill if I can just pull the lever and pop a cylinder in myself
The locksmith did not charge for last service call because could get lever off to replace cylinder
Maybe if noone has suggestions ill go in before work before patients start flowing thru office and try to pick again
Image
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Posts: 825

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Location: San Marcos, Ca.

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:58 am

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

I would agree with Mastersmith, that most likely you could remove the lever and disassemble. I've done it with Schlage locks with the standard cylinder(PD). What kind of cylinder? Is it an removable core(FSIC)? Maybe a little lube? Try a bump key. Is your cylinder some sort of High security(Everest, Primus)? Maybe old, dirty and worn? If It comes down to it.........there is always the "High Speed Rotary Pick" :uzi:
<<

MrPharmer2012

User avatar

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Posts: 436

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 am

Location: San Diego CA

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:44 am

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

Core is a standard 6 pin schlage each kik has 1-2 security drivers from locksmith, maybe ill bring my snap gun and some graphite or something i don’t understand why it wont open the other lock is on the same room same key, never had this much trouble on a schlage c series lock, all other locks are masterpinned these two are not
Image
<<

MrPharmer2012

User avatar

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Posts: 436

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 am

Location: San Diego CA

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:44 am

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

jharveee wrote:I would agree with Mastersmith, that most likely you could remove the lever and disassemble. I've done it with Schlage locks with the standard cylinder(PD). What kind of cylinder? Is it an removable core(FSIC)? Maybe a little lube? Try a bump key. Is your cylinder some sort of High security(Everest, Primus)? Maybe old, dirty and worn? If It comes down to it.........there is always the "High Speed Rotary Pick" :uzi:



Do u have instructions on how to do it with out damaging the lock
Image
<<

mastersmith

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 550

Joined: Wed May 25, 2011 10:16 pm

Location: Miami Township, Ohio

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:00 am

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

I just made a quick search for "Schlage commercial lever service manual", it popped up a few. You should be able to find what you need. Schlage is one that can be disassembled from the back. There is a special tool that makes it a lot easier, but it is still possible.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

MrPharmer2012

User avatar

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Posts: 436

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 am

Location: San Diego CA

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:27 am

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

The leverset manual still shows you have to use a tool or other pointed object to push pin while turning key quarter turn, it does not show other methods
Image
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Posts: 825

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Location: San Marcos, Ca.

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:18 pm

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

SchlageXAL2.JPG
SchlageXAL1.JPG

This is a Schlage AL series Storeroom.
Must take it all the way apart. Once to this point you insert a long probe or pointed wire to depress the cap retainer pin on the back of the cylinder. Remover cap.
Remove blocking tail piece.
Remove lever as normal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by jharveee on Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Posts: 825

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Location: San Marcos, Ca.

Post Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

or at that point you can also reach in with needle nose pliers and twist the tail piece enough to depress the lever retainer pin and remove the lever. May have to straighten out the tail piece or replace afterwords. The Schlage ND series is easier. Takes about ten minutes, 5 to take apart, 5 to put back together.
<<

MrPharmer2012

User avatar

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Posts: 436

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 am

Location: San Diego CA

Post Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:26 am

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

jharveee wrote:or at that point you can also reach in with needle nose pliers and twist the tail piece enough to depress the lever retainer pin and remove the lever. May have to straighten out the tail piece or replace afterwords. The Schlage ND series is easier. Takes about ten minutes, 5 to take apart, 5 to put back together.


Wow thanks for showing the breakdown
Image
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Posts: 825

Joined: Thu Aug 22, 2013 3:14 pm

Location: San Marcos, Ca.

Post Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:50 am

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

I hope you are able to get your levers re-keyed. Happened to have some Schlage locks in the garage. There are some locks that just refuse to be picked and you can either keep trying to pick them or take them apart. Try picking again. Spray some lube and let them sit a day. Take them off the door and place in a vice and try picking, sometimes a better angle makes all the difference. Rake, SPP and bump key. Did you try your snap pick? I do use a lever puller when I just can't do it any other way. Had one person bring 12 ASSA V-10 into the shop. You bet I used the puller. You having only two locks, may be quicker to just take them apart than me explaining to my Boss why I'm loaning out tools. I also think this is a good reason to buy one, like I need a reason to buy a tool. Take one apart and decode, cut a key for the other(if keyed alike). Once you take one apart, you'll find it's not that difficult. The last step, getting the tail piece turned is a bit of a pain, but after the first one, it should not be an issue.
<<

MrPharmer2012

User avatar

Doctor... Contributor
Doctor... Contributor

Posts: 436

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 12:10 am

Location: San Diego CA

Post Sat Apr 28, 2018 8:14 pm

Re: LHR-100, Looking to borrow or buy Store room Lever Pulle

jharveee wrote:I hope you are able to get your levers re-keyed. Happened to have some Schlage locks in the garage. There are some locks that just refuse to be picked and you can either keep trying to pick them or take them apart. Try picking again. Spray some lube and let them sit a day. Take them off the door and place in a vice and try picking, sometimes a better angle makes all the difference. Rake, SPP and bump key. Did you try your snap pick? I do use a lever puller when I just can't do it any other way. Had one person bring 12 ASSA V-10 into the shop. You bet I used the puller. You having only two locks, may be quicker to just take them apart than me explaining to my Boss why I'm loaning out tools. I also think this is a good reason to buy one, like I need a reason to buy a tool. Take one apart and decode, cut a key for the other(if keyed alike). Once you take one apart, you'll find it's not that difficult. The last step, getting the tail piece turned is a bit of a pain, but after the first one, it should not be an issue.


Thank you
Was way to busy at work yesterday to even try gonna try and go to office this weekend to pull or try and pick again, my schlage bump key is 5 pin not 6
Image

Return to Buy, Sell, or Trade - Non-Lockpicking Items

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]

Don't forget to visit our sponsors for all of your lockpicking needs!
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Grop
"CA Black" theme designed by stsoftware