FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Ubuntu Edge ////

<<

whizdumb

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:46 pm

Ubuntu Edge ////

Hello Everybody,

Long time no see. I have been busy with life stuff recently, however, I wanted to share a current tech story with all of you that I have been absolutely glued to for a few weeks.

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/ubuntu-edge

I love the idea of an open source, crowd funded smartphone running Linux and Android. With all of the locked down phones that wireless carriers have been releasing lately, a contract-less, open-source mobile device built for device enthusiasts could really turn the industry upside down. I for one want to pull the money together to support this project in case they reach their lofty goal. I at least hope that the page is interesting to you, and that you get a sense of where the future might take us. Please share your comments and spread the word if you think this is worthy.

Happy Picking,

Whizdumb
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

fgarci03

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:59 pm

Re: Ubuntu Edge ////

Very interesting!
I am, however, an Android kind of guy! :mrgreen:

Anyway, I want to know where this is going to, as the concept is very cool and may bring us new experiences!

Thanks for sharing!
Go ahead, keep plugging away, picking on me! You will end up on bypass or with rigor mortise.
- GWiens2001
<<

whizdumb

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 3:18 am

fgarci03 wrote:I am, however, an Android kind of guy! :mrgreen:

Good thing it dual boots with Android then..
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

Arctor

Familiar Face

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:58 pm

Would be worth it if you could get it now, but by May next year... probably will get delayed and be released even later... it will be old tech and you will regret it :(
<<

Josh66

Post Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:11 pm

The deadline is up now, isn't it?

It seems pretty cool, but damn - $675 is a lot for a phone to me.

edit

Oh - 28 hours left. With 'only' $20 Million left to raise.
<<

dmasters

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:55 am

Oh, my... :drool:

They obviously aren't going to reach their goal. But, I bet they could take this info to a venture capital firm and get the reamining dough. They raised 12 million in 30 days, this proves the viablity of such a product and would make it a "safe" risk for the company.

Now if you will excuse me, I need to go change my drawers before I cry myself to sleep, knowing that I will probably never hold this magical device in my sweaty hands :(

Return to HAL 3000 - Computer Geeks