FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Problem openning new tab.....advice please if possible.

<<

bouncer965

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:45 pm

Problem openning new tab.....advice please if possible.

Ok heres my problem, im running on Windows Vista on a laptop. I have full internet connection and i use Google as my search engine. When i open Google i get access to the internet no problem at all, but if i try and open another Tab i sometimes have top open 5 tabs before it will connect, the other 4 will just do nothing. This also happens a lot when i try to open a link, i press the link and a page will open and nothing will appear on the page so i have to press it again and this can happen up to 4 pages then the next page i try it comes up straight away no problem at all.

So i was wondering if there is anything in the settings that i can try to stop this from happenning. Or maybe someone could suggest a reliable search engine other than google.

Cheers.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965
<<

Magic1

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:00 pm

Re: Problem openning new tab.....advice please if possible.

I am not sure if this is applicable, but I bought a laptop that unfortunately had Vista installed on it (no choice). Some of my old electronic programs would not work at all on it. I finally traced it down to something called the UAC (User Account Control). Some of my software consisted of a suite of programs, which in normal operation, called each other. Now normally when a program, or sub program calls another, Vista will put up a panel that questions whether you want to proceed or not. In this case there were no warnings and it looked as if the system was doing it's job ..... except nothing seemed to happen. What should have happened was Vista was supposed to screen a panel that warned me of this and ask my permission to continue, but it didn't .... the whole system just hung up .... with no warnings. The only answer was to do a dirty close down and restart .... when there-after it did the same again !. The solution was to go into the control panel and switch off the UAC. Yes you do get all kinds of dire warnings ..... but it works !.

It does not sound like your problem, but it may help a million or so other users Hi!.
<<

Grandpa

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:33 pm

I too have a laptop with Vista. I have never had a problem. The problem you are having could very well be a server problem also.
<<

bouncer965

Post Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Cheers guys i have just downloaded Mozilla and using that and it doesn't have the same problem so I'll see how i get on with it.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965

Return to HAL 3000 - Computer Geeks