FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

antivirus help

<<

Phatphish

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:55 am

Re: antivirus help

elbowmacaroni wrote:Ahh there's another one... Kapersky. I've heard decent things about that one from others I know in the industry as well.

Totally agree, I pay for and use this over anything else as it is regularly updated and doesnt hog resources like Norton or McAffee.
+1 for Malwarebytes also, it has found AND removed malware that others havnt even recognised, and its free.
<')))><. There are no problems, just situations that require solutions .><((('>
<<

ChicoSlim803

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jul 03, 2010 5:02 pm

im with Riff I have used all of them on the market and Avast is still kicking butt. yea u might have to get a new key after a year but Mcfee and Symantac both are usually good for a year maybe two. hope mt 2 cents helped
<<

AmsLock

Post Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:29 am

I Know this is an old thread, but would like to give my 2 cents anyway :)

If your looking for the best free option i would use:

* Avast Free
* Comodo Firewall
* Malwarebytes Antimalware
and if your still paranoid you can also use the following:
* SuperAntispyware
and the various online scanners. remeber these dont usually disinfect your PC they just let you know which ones they find. Then its up to you to remove them.

and for regular cleaning i recommend
* Ccleaner
Then once a week, use ccleaner to remove all the extras your PC accumulates like cookies and temp files etc, then do a full scan with both MBAM and Avast.

Always Remeber to update your PC and relevant programs like your Antiviruses, AntiMalwares, browsers, Java and Adobe readers etc.

No Antivirus is 100% good, were always one step behind the hackers. But with regular user attention and diligence we can make it a lot harder. For those who like to download "warez" software, even though your virus scanner(s) say its clean it could well be not. As in todays world, for a small fee hackers can make anyprogram evade all antiviruses. If at anytime your never sure, make a virtual PC machine to run your 'suspect' files.

If anyone wants any help or tips feel free to PM me :)
"He who thinks he is raising a mound, may only in reality be digging a pit" Ernest Bramah.
Previous

Return to HAL 3000 - Computer Geeks