FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Nepalese Kukris

<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:41 pm

Nepalese Kukris

Need to chop the head off a goat? Need a genuine Nepalese kukri?

Well, here you go: http://www.thekhukurihouse.com/catalog/product.php?id=323536f65111

<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: Nepalese Kukris

Odd they don't mention the karda or chakmak in the description. I'm sure it comes with them. Like a military survial sheath always has that sharpening stick they might fail to mention. They make alot of different types of those kukri's to serve various functions. Some are better wieghted as machete's, some as chopper knives, some are actually wieghted as trainers and on those that little ring around the middle of the handle is more pronounced and will tear your shit up if you swing it with poor form. I've handled alot of the different types, and they are some seriously bad ass blades. Nice post Hallis!
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:29 pm

Looks like that would be a good survival knife, not bad for $80 dollars if you ask me! I never seen a blade with that sort of bend in it though, looks alright, has lots of uses.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Feb 22, 2010 10:58 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:Looks like that would be a good survival knife, not bad for $80 dollars if you ask me! I never seen a blade with that sort of bend in it though, looks alright, has lots of uses.

It's the shipping that makes the price go up - it's $30 to ship from Nepal to Texas - so now you're looking at $110 overall.

Still, not bad.

FYI - Kid, it's the traditional Ghurka warrior knife. These are not guys to be fucked with.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gurkha

http://www.m4040.com/Survival/Ghurka/History%20of%20the%20Ghurka%20Kukri.htm
kukri.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

ratyoke

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:13 am

Those things can really chop. I gave one to a friend as a birthday or xmas gift about 15 years ago.
<<

bouncer965

Post Tue Feb 23, 2010 3:40 am

When i lived in Brunei we did a two week stint in the jungle with the Ghurkas and these guys know there shit. They knock up A-frame basha's in minutes all cut poles with the kukri's.

There kukris are like having a third arm for them. And you want to learn to make traps or anything, these guys know every trick in the book. Just a shame they dont get treated the same as British soldiers by the British gov'ment after they have served for them for so long. They were in Brunei for a long time protecting the Sultan of Brunei's Istana's and family till Brunei got there independance from Britain in 1983. As Brunei was used for the British forces jungle training and probably still is. Lethal fighters with so many skills and total warriors is an understatement.
[“A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.”.

http://www.youtube.com/user/bouncer965

Return to Cold Steel