FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Bite from a RAT Izula

<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:54 pm

Re: Bite from a RAT Izula

That sucks... I've cut a few to the bone. It's hard to tell how bad it is until it's healed a little and the swelling goes down. Clean cuts have always ended up giving me all my feeling back, but I picked a hedgetrimmer up by the sickle and something hit the trigger... everything I can feel in that index finger is wierd.

Can you still move it? That's the important part. Feelings are for ladies.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:11 pm

Holy crap! A hedgetrimmer? That would suck! My finger has partial feeling, but when it gets cold it hurts really bad, it was crushed, it took awhile before I could do much with it!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:29 am

ToolyMcgee wrote:That sucks... I've cut a few to the bone. It's hard to tell how bad it is until it's healed a little and the swelling goes down. Clean cuts have always ended up giving me all my feeling back, but I picked a hedgetrimmer up by the sickle and something hit the trigger... everything I can feel in that index finger is wierd.

Can you still move it? That's the important part. Feelings are for ladies.

Yep. just like the circus fat lady said to the horny midget - "It's a little stiff".

But the finger does flex pretty good. Hopefully it'll get some feeling back after the stitches come out. Right now it feels like I'm wearing a glove on that finger. Strange.
<<

barbarian

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:21 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:..... There was a guy a few weeks ago on one of the knife forums who cut off his palm sharpening one. Like a fish fillet...

OK... I threw up a bit in my mouth and swallowed it...

Don't you guys have some kind of a guard to protect the edge when you work on these razors? I guess you can't while you are sharpening, but while you are lacing the handle. I'm thinking a thick piece of leather tied on or maybe some clear plastic hose over the edge. Butchers glove? Something ?
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:50 pm

barbarian wrote:
ToolyMcgee wrote:..... There was a guy a few weeks ago on one of the knife forums who cut off his palm sharpening one. Like a fish fillet...

OK... I threw up a bit in my mouth and swallowed it...

Don't you guys have some kind of a guard to protect the edge when you work on these razors? I guess you can't while you are sharpening, but while you are lacing the handle. I'm thinking a thick piece of leather tied on or maybe some clear plastic hose over the edge. Butchers glove? Something ?

I wondered the same thing, but I too am guilty of not fully respecting the edge on occasion (it only takes a split second) and subsequently seeing bone... oh well, live and maybe learn... maybe... Usually, the cuts from the really sharp blades aren't so bad until after a day or two, it's impact wounds that tear that are a bitch. Of course, I'll probably die awash in a blazing fire or blow myself up doing something stupid so what the hell...
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

Hobbs

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:27 am

Man, I tried to post to this thread three or four times in a row and the software kept logging me out for some reason - bizarre!

Anyways, RATs (Now known as ESEE Knives) are excellent knives, my wife and I both have Izulas and RAT/ESEE-3s and I also have the H.E.S.T. and some of Randall's survival gear - all excellent products, to say the least.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:42 am

I agree...I bought a HEST recently and it is another tough little blade, built like a tank. I like to think of it's like an
Izula...but wrapped in body armor.

RAT_HEST.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

Hobbs

Post Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:14 am

It is a tough little bugger!

I had some of these French Military Rations, they still have them in the can, but they are like large sardine cans. I used the HEST to cut an X in the bottom of them, just so I could take pictures for my blog and website for upcoming survival articles - you can make animal traps out of sardine and other cans, etc.

Didn't even faze the HEST, marred the black finish just a bit, didn't hurt the point or edge at all.
Previous

Return to Cold Steel