FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My boot knife

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:59 pm

My boot knife

Hey guys, I have an A.G. Russell knife, it's a boot knife, I saw the same knife on ebay a week or so ago, it had a buy it now price of like $315.00 Are these very good knives or what? The one I have is the only one I have ever saw in person. This ebay link is the exact same knife I have only I don't have a leather sheath for it. Mine has some minor pry marks in the blade that are not deep, they can be taken out, thats the only difference.

http://cgi.ebay.com/A-G-RUSSELL-STING-FIXED-BLADE-KNIFE-1977-WOOD-HANDLE_W0QQitemZ300360110370QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_2?hash=item45eedb9122
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:30 pm

Re: My boot knife

Shit, I don't know anyone that has one unless it's the CRKT version, or mint in the safe. Even with dings that's a sweet ass dagger! With light use, it sells for close to 200 bucks with the sheath. Can you snap a picture of it? I'd love to see.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Nov 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Well here is a quick camera phone shot of it, my other camera is too complicated to take a good picture!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

.45cal

Global Moderator

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:12 pm

Just want to say beautiful knife and that it is funny how this topic was directly above the Anti Stab Knife topic :D
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:15 pm

I was with my father at a flea market out in the country and I saw this knife, the guy wanted 60 dollars for it, I was 14 years old and he wouldn't sell it to me, so I went and got my dad and bought it. I don't know why I bought it, I have never really had much use for it! But I see that they go up in value just a little bit over time!!
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:50 pm

Good looking knife man. Why are they so expensive? Are they old or something? Makes me wanna go buy a pair of boots. :mrgreen:
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 5:53 pm

Well Tooly knows more about them than I do but what I think is this, they were all hand made, this was a limited production run in 1977 I believe. Every one I have seen in pictures was all stamped 1977. I don't know why they are valuable, they may have only made a certain amount of this style, I have seen other A.G. Russell knives on ebay in all different styles though, some look newer, I don't know if they make knives anymore or not!
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:42 pm

How many years ago did you buy it? Then it's at least that old. I think they made them from 77 to 93, but all of them say '77 because that the copyright date. I haven't seen one not marked Solingen Germany though, but I don't collect them either.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:48 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:How many years ago did you buy it? Then it's at least that old. I think they made them from 77 to 93, but all of them say '77 because that the copyright date. I haven't seen one not marked Solingen Germany though, but I don't collect them either.

I was 14 or 15, I am 29 now, mine only says A.G. Russell, Springdale Arkansas.
<<

KokomoLock

Professor Emeritus Of Lockpickology and Smithery

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:57 pm

I bet we could make 2 or 3 good picks out of it !!!!!!
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:59 pm

Shit!! I thought about that last night when Tooly was talking about it. If he wants it, I will send it to him, won't be much material for pick making I don't think though!!
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:07 pm

I'm not making a pick out of that awesome dagger!!! I'll make a sheath for it and carry around another knife. That thing is sweet.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:09 pm

well, it needs a little bit of work!! Got your attention Mr Tooly ?????
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:15 pm

I would have it professionally sharpened. I can hone a knife, but as far as removing dings I don't have much patience for that level of effort, especially on someone else's knife :twisted: Sheath making I can handle, but reprofiling an edge with arkansas stone's is a full time job.
<<

philip8

Post Fri Nov 20, 2009 4:58 am

That would be a nice knife but for me its an expensive knife. I really enjoyed my throwing knife . It can use as a silent killer ;)
Next

Return to Cold Steel