FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Cold Steel EDC

<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:04 pm

Cold Steel EDC

COLD STEEL
Specifications:
Weight: 2.4 oz.
Blade Thick: 1/8"
Blade Length: 3
Handle: 3 1/4" long. Kraton
Steel: VG-1 Stainless Steel
Overall Length: 6 1/4"
Sheath: Secure-Ex Sheath

PENDLETON MINI HUNTER

This one, hasn't left my belt since I got it. The sheath is reverseable, and it has a retention strap, but the friction fit is so nice I hardly use the strap.

The photo is a little deceptive, it's a small knife.

Specifications:
Weight: 16.7 oz.
Blade: 9 1/2"
Thick: 5/16"
Overall: 14 1/2"
Handle: Kraton®
Sheath: Leather
Steel: SK-5 High Carbon

Trail Master®

My pride and joy, way back when it was almost new. I had only taken it on 1 hike when I snapped that photo. Carrying a pack with me everywhere helps make that one really easy to EDC, then I stuff it in my belt after dark or whenever. I carry it, because I love it, and like most love, it's a burdon that I bare because I don't really have a choice :lol: I drempt about owning this knife for over a year. Truthfully, I probably carry more weight in lockpicks than both of these knives combined. :mrgreen:

<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:08 pm

Re: Cold Steel EDC

nice knives you got there Tooly! That one is way too big though! The hispanic gangs here would love that thing!! I could gut a deer in one swipe!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:06 pm

You're hallucinating, it's the perfect size for a western style bowie. It's a cowboy trail knife. Anything you can do with a smaller knife, you can still do with that one. You only think it's too big, because you have never held one.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:09 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:You're hallucinating, it's the perfect size for a western style bowie. It's a cowboy trail knife. Anything you can do with a smaller knife, you can still do with that one. You only think it's too big, because you have never held one.

You have a point there!! I have never held one, they just always looked too big, how heavy is it? That's the big part for me, if it weighs alot it's too much of a burden.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:50 pm

16.7 ounces. I mean, it's big, but it chops like a knife twice it's wieght. Trail clearing small logs, limbing, firewood chopping and splitting, these are things it does great. If it's bush whacking through scrub, or grasses... not so much. It's kinda too much knife for smackin' at eye pokers and shit you would use a machete for. It depends on the terrain, but in the hardwood old growth, and pine forests around here it's either this, or small ax that is only good for chopping wood.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:55 pm

No one likes big ass knives, huh... I can't be the only person in the U.S. on this site who worships the bowie knife. A knife that can tackle maple limbs like this in 5 swings.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:08 pm

god i love cold steel.

I carry their ak47 on my pocket everywhare... and everyone calls it big...

i dont think it is, its regular knife sized. oh well big knife lovers are just too hared to find :D
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 7:41 pm

ToolyMcgee wrote:No one likes big ass knives, huh... I can't be the only person in the U.S. on this site who worships the bowie knife. A knife that can tackle maple limbs like this in 5 swings.

Now Tooly, come on, I would have to see that on cam!!! You must have modified that knife or the poor maple. What did that maple do to you? (LOL) That fricken thing is like a machete must be sharper than hell!
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:07 pm

Locksmitharmy: Do you carry the aluminum handled one, or the black teflon coated blade with g-10 handle? Those hollow ground aus-8 blades are crazy sharp. It's bigger than grandpa's whittlin' knife, but it's not really big. It's wierd, how people are scared of box cutters, and anything reasonable is big.

Kid: I put on shooter's glasses when I use that fucker, so I don't want the open shutter anywhere near it when it's busting out those big ass chunks. That maple had fallen over the trail, and it had to go. A machete is for knocking down green shit, grass, vines, big ass leaves in the jungle. A TM is for tackling pine, hardwood, and splitting firewood. It's a damn buzzsaw, and if you didn't believe the last photo, you're gonna have a hard time with this one.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:21 pm

GEEZ Tooly, It was all a joke!! I believe you! I can't believe that thing is that sharp for the 8 inch maple though, holy crap! you could fall huge pine with that thing over here!! That cut was pretty darn clean as well. Is maple hard or soft? We don't have any of that here, we mostly have ponderosa pine, fir, and cedar.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:22 pm

the g-10 handled with the teflon coating...(black is sexy)

I had my eye on this blade for 2 years before I got one, got it half price too lol.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:21 pm

Sugar maple is harder than white oak. I would rather tackle anything, than mess with a dry hard maple log like that, but it's everywhere in Indiana. It's hard as a rock, and it's heavy like one too. You could chop 100 white pine 2x4's in half with that knife, and after a few seconds on the steel hone you would barely be able to tell you used it at all.

LocksmithArmy wrote:the g-10 handled with the teflon coating...(black is sexy)

I had my eye on this blade for 2 years before I got one, got it half price too lol.

The good one, nice. Do you actually use the pocket ripper on the blade to open it? Discounted is the only way to buy the cold steel. The guys buying it for list price are nutz!
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:30 pm

yes I do lol

Just cause its cool, ive never really needed to, but it is nice to be able to open the knife just by removing it from your pocket. once a friendpulled it out to look at it and scared the crap out of herself when it came out opened lol, she thought she cut me.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:08 pm

:shock: :shock: :o WOW, is this spammer really Hallis in disguise?? Fricken guy actually had the nerve to post my mom in that spread.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:46 pm

sorry bro... gotta call ya out on that one...

i dot think any of those women would have produced anything that looks like you ;)

but then again... you neven know what they looked like before the surgaries
Next

Return to Cold Steel