FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Cammilus skinner

<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:44 pm

Cammilus skinner

I recieved this knife in a trade a few months ago. It was made by Cammilus, supposedly for Marbles. I cannot claim to know anything more than it was made by Cammilus, and is no forgery. I'm in the process of making it complete.
ImageImage
Handle scales profiled to the second shape.
3rd
So, y'all have the benefit of skipping to the end..... here we go

Hopefully, it will soon have a leather western style saddle sheath.

It's a work in progress.
<<

LocksmithArmy

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:13 pm

Re: Cammilus skinner

Sexy...

What did you make the handle from?
Pokey wrote:"Come and get me, loser! Spankity spankity spankity!"
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:00 pm

That handle looks to be carbon fiber, Tooly, you are a real artist, I can't believe the patience you must have to produce everything that you do.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm

Very nice work man.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:04 am

Tooly:

You ever considered making a sheath out of Kydex? All you really need is a large toaster oven to heat the Kydex, a press to form the warm Kydex around the knife, and a drill and rivets to button everything up.

These guys sell Kydex in different colors, including tools, rivets, presses, etc.

http://www.knifekits.com/vcom/index.php?cPath=41_54_137

As for the sheath, after you wet form and bone the leather, what type of thread will you use to stitch it? Also hand sewn - or machine sewn?

Here's a good site for leather working: http://leatherworker.net/
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:12 am

That Kydex stuff is cool looking, lots of different colors, I wonder if I could make a custom pick case out of that? I am not that crafty but that stuff is cheap enough.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

ToolyMcgee

Post Mon Oct 26, 2009 9:11 pm

LocksmithArmy wrote:What did you make the handle from?

Canvas micarta.

the lockpickkid wrote:Tooly, you are a real artist, I can't believe the patience you must have to produce everything that you do.

If I had more patience, my projects wouldn't take so long to complete. I would like it if I was artistic, but in truth I'm just a determined DIY cheapass :lol:

Hallis: Kydex was my first choice, but every time I have ordered from knife kits I wait, and wait, then they send me an email that the stuff I want is on backorder :evil: I've tried to order 3D g10, kydex, and various other parts and pieces with no reward. I don't know if it's bad luck, but they've given me the run around 1 too many times and I don't refer people to them anymore.

I don't know what type of thread to call it, but it's heavy. One of the guys I work has a machine, and I just used what was already on the bobbin. Now I just have to treat it.

Return to Cold Steel