FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My eBay score of the year.

<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:08 pm

My eBay score of the year.

So as you all know I'm a benchmade fan and I get them on ebay when I can find the right deal and this one the stars all lined up for me.

Sorry for the photo quality just doing the cell phone. Don't have the cleanup pictures just the ebay add and the finished product. There are a lot of knives and I mainly just took pictures of the key ones I can use or resell, but I feel like I got an amazing deal here and thought I'd share the joy. I got two automatics in the lot, which you aren't supposed to sell on eBay, so not sure if he did it on purpose or that was the intent but I am happier than I could expect to be. So here it is:

I was looking for knife lots and/or benchmades on eBay as I find them clean them up and sell them at the flea market or online and I found one for 75+ knives to include a benchmade. Here is the title and description:

[COLOR="Green"]"75+ KNIVES & multi tool,BUCK,GERBER,BOKER,SPYDERCO,SOG,Other KNIFE GOOD& Damaged

YOU ARE BIDDING ON OVER 75 KNIVES & multi tools. ALL ARE USED. SELLING "AS IS" NO RETURNS.
includes, buck ,gerber, sog, case xx, benchmade,kershaw,spyderco,wenger,boker,crkt,victorinox and others
most look foreign made and they in good to damaged condition (ex. some good,some dirty,rusty,some loose or broken blades etc.)

Please see my other items for sale to view other items and knives

FAST SHIPPING[/COLOR]"

Pictures of the auction:

Saw the Benchmade right here and thought No f-ing way is that an AFO!

So going off those pictures and the fact I saw a few good knives already I figured I'd take a risk and bid $200, based on what 9051s are going for used right now and other knives in this lot. I won at $158 plus 10.99 shipping so 170 bucks and this is some of what I salvaged out. Only three knives are straight trash and unusable, many are only $1 knives. In just three knives I got more than my 170 bucks worth.

The Benchmade 9051 AFO had a little bit of dirt and grime on it and some rust right on the edge so I put it in the sonic cleaner. The pivot screw was cranked down so tight you couldn't open the knife at first so I tuned it up. The blade was a mess had small chips up and down it but they sharpened right out with little effort. The snap is not perfect but works great and there is a little blade wobble. I'm going to send it in after Thanksgiving to get a factory sharpen and tune up. Either way it's a working AFO and it's well worth the money I paid to me.

CRKT ripple(aluminum not SS one) and Boker AK 74

Those two cleaned up nicely and both work great. The Boker's snap isn't great but it works, don't have much experience with them at all but they go for 70 bucks brand new so maybe that's just normal. The CRKT ripple is smooth as can be and was probably in the best condition of any of the knives in the lot. These two put the value well over 200 in their condition, many others were great as well.

Kershaw Vapor, Vapor II and Leek with broken tip.

Kabar K-2, SOG Fielder, Gerber AR 3.00, Smith and Wesson Swat, Schrade Xtreme, and a winchester, nothing amazing but good enough.

Mtech, sheffield, Husky, Chinamart good solid knives, again nothing great but good.

There are so many knives I'm cleaning and sharpening I will get my money's worth out of all this in the end as well as a few keepers. I've had some good luck this year with eBay and Benchmades, keep seeing people post why it's a bad idea to get them on eBay on other sites but I've had nothing but great luck. Just gotta play in the weeds a little to find them and it's not often but I got 4 killer deals this year, a 60 dollar first production run Subrosa, a 70 dollar Barrage, a 80 dollar 722 plus the wife's mini barrage for 54 bucks.
http://www.youtube.com/wolfspring

What you call intelligence, I call common sense.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:09 pm

Re: My eBay score of the year.

Very nice! I carry a black leek at the moment but I have 6 or 8 of them lol
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:32 pm

I've tried those knife lots a few times. I either get outbid or wind up with a bunch of crap. Looks like a great lot.
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P
<<

Neilau

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:45 pm

Very nice score.

Got yourself a neat aluminum Kubotan there too. (I've got one exactly the same :D )

Also a good example of how stainless a stainless steel diving knife is, if you don't look after it.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

farmall

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:51 pm

Buying these knives gives insight to how people treat their knives.
macgng; it's completely unnecessary to have ~15$ in keys for a 50¢ lock ... but we all do it anyway :P

Return to Cold Steel