FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

I'm back...

<<

johnopsec

Familiar Face

Post Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:42 pm

I'm back...

Had a bout of "life got in the way" but, I'm back to having no life now. (woohoo)

I see a few familiar names...
JohnOPSEC
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:05 am

Re: I'm back...

johnopsec wrote:Had a bout of "life got in the way" but, I'm back to having no life now. (woohoo)

I see a few familiar names...

Hey, glad to see you back john.

hope things are well.
Lew
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:32 am

welcome back,John..=)
will we see any vids soon?
( DJ John) =)
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

johnopsec

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:17 pm

I'll get some vids up as soon as I can. I've gotten a bunch of new locks. I just ordered a GOSO pick set from UKLOCKPICKERS.CO.UK... It had better live up to all the hype! :D
JohnOPSEC
<<

awol70

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:43 pm

johnopsec wrote:I'll get some vids up as soon as I can. I've gotten a bunch of new locks. I just ordered a GOSO pick set from UKLOCKPICKERS.CO.UK... It had better live up to all the hype! :D

i think you will be pleasantly surprised...(i have the set..)
lots of auto entry stuff tho...
btw...that hpc HD shorty ya gave me is still holding up nicely..=)
looking forward to the vids...
" I Love the smell of napalm in the morning!....."

<<

johnopsec

Familiar Face

Post Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:44 am

Ya... I like the HPCs. I've finally gotten used to them. :D It was time to get another set though. Thus far, the only thing that I truly think is a piece of shit is that "pocket knife" pick set that I got way back. What an absolute pile of steaming crap it is. My southords still come in handy on some locks where I get more feel with their short hook but, for the most part, I use the HPC hook.

The tension wrenches you made for me have been a life-saver. I've got several locks that I could never have gotten open using my "standard" tension wrenches. Having all different sizes in both stiff and flex tension wrenches is awesome!

My "carry at all times" kit has my SouthOrd short hook, my HPC short hook, a couple of tension wrenches I've made myself (two with very short plug inserts and one with a long one) and the tension wrenches you made. That's all I need. (woohoo)

Later,

John
JohnOPSEC
<<

johnopsec

Familiar Face

Post Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:51 am

Got the Goso picks in... My opinion is split. I like them, especially the wide range of hooks, etc but, I'm not sure what lock the hook with the pin-feeling slot in it could even fit in. It won't even go into any of my KW1 cores! Same goes for the at least one of the diamonds.

The hooks are slick but, the one I'd really like to use more is the real small, thin hook and it just feels too weak to use. Maybe it's just getting the feel for it but, I was pretty sure it was going to bend or break picking a lock that my southord and HPC short-hooks don't have any issue with.

I do like the auto picks. I've been able to open a couple of locks but not everything I run up against. Oddly, I am able to pick the drivers side lock and not the passenger side lock on the same vehicle. Same bitting, etc. I'm also able to pick the trunk lock of the same vehicle.

I'm not having any joy on Chrysler locks. I've been trying on a 2008 Town & Country. Are there some counter-measures in those locks?

John
JohnOPSEC
<<

aarpazthelockpicker

Familiar Face

Post Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:41 pm

the reason you can pick the drivers side door because the wafers are worn more because that is the door (lock) that is used the most.
<<

aka.decoy

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 26, 2009 4:49 am

aarpazthelockpicker wrote:the reason you can pick the drivers side door because the wafers are worn more because that is the door (lock) that is used the most.

I won't pretend to know much about the subject, because I don't, but I totally agree. Back when I worked at a hardware store, I used to have to open cars for customers who locked their keys in the car. 9/10 the driver's side opened before the passenger side. Heck, sometimes you can even tell which is the correct direction to rotate by applying pressure and watching if the lock button moves.
"Discovered by the Germans in 1904, they named it San Diego, which of course in German means a whale's vagina."

-Ron Burgundy

Return to Introduce Yourself