FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hello From Hollywood

<<

SpaffyPD

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:50 pm

Re: Hello From Hollywood

piotr wrote:My apologies SpaffyPD. It's just that we sometimes get some really suspect questions from people whose names are still orange (i.e. newly joined).

No need to apologize, you did nothing wrong. I will end the vagueness by saying I am the police, I just wont say what agency on any open site.

I definitely am going to have to try a bogota pick. As far as bypass tools go, my gate pass tool is always tucked nicely inside my vest!

Oldfast wrote:Good to meet ya Art... I'm Mike. Happy you found this forum and I think you will be too.
I myself am just a run-of-the-mill hobbiest... lovin' what I love. However, there's people around here
that are well versed in true life lock-out scenarios, ferensics, etc. etc. I do believe you'll find some
VERY valuable info around here that's pertinent to your cause. I look foward to seein' more of ya.

Nothing wrong with it being a hobby, unless you're the guy I ran into at a gym locker room with some youtube-made lock shims with his hand in another mans locker..... he came with me. ;-)

Ive started to get into more picking as a hobby now as well- as related to work. I'm in a car for 12 hours and not all of that time is action packed unfortunately. If it helps me get into a location faster without calling FD for their master padlock key [14 inch gas powered cutoff wheel] or a ram from the station Im happy. I just need to pick up some ebay cylinders to practice on now...
<<

Josh66

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 6:49 pm

It might be a good idea to start noting down what locks you come across in your area, and buy some of those to practice on.

Like, around here. Corbin mortises are the most popular on businesses. And pretty much every residential lock I have seen was either Kwikset or Schlage. I have never seen a high security lock outside of work in this town...
<<

SpaffyPD

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:18 pm

That is a great idea, almost all apartments ive been to are kwikset, and most of the homes are schlage. I have seen a mul-t-lock on a business once and a couple high end residences with medeco kik on every door. we use primus. (WAY above my ability)

I will have to pay more attention to the business locks as i am not sure what they normally are.
<<

SpaffyPD

Post Tue Nov 27, 2012 10:03 pm

Apparently you have much better locks in Denmark! Some of the, um, lesser end apartments i see can basically be opened with a knife because the locks/ doorjambs are in such poor repair.

When I got my first lockpick i tired it out first on my places kwikset. 20 seconds later and an open door i bought a medeco. Though, its somewhat rare in my experience for someone to pick a lock for a burglary, bypassing or destrucrive are much more common.
<<

Wizer

Familiar Face

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:30 am

Caveman wrote:These are the keys for my home and my mailbox,

Its propably not an issue, but I strongly advice not to show your keycuts over the internet. If I wanted to, I propably could decode your keys from these photos. Sometimes IP-addresses can be revealed, or maybe you put some personal info somewhere in the net.
:smile: And those Rukos are nice, but they can not compete with Abloy Sento and Kaba experT that I mostly use..
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 8:16 am

Welcome! Will trade you locks for police/fire patches :D
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:52 am

Caveman wrote:
Wizer wrote:Its propably not an issue, but I strongly advice not to show your keycuts over the internet. If I wanted to, I propably could decode your keys from these photos. Sometimes IP-addresses can be revealed, or maybe you put some personal info somewhere in the net.
:smile: And those Rukos are nice, but they can not compete with Abloy Sento and Kaba experT that I mostly use..

I did think about it, and came to the conclution that if someone can find my addr. via my ip, and are abel to make a working key from that picture, then they deserve the beer I'm gonna go buy for them. I have no values really, nothing to hide and I don't mind compani from keypicking.com. Almost everyone here is more then 4000 miles away, and that is a long way to travel, to break into my home. It would also be easyer to just kick the door in, like all other kriminals do. On top of these arguments, I also have a second RUKO on my door, and I didn't show off the cuts on the key for that one. That means that all anyone can do is breaking into my mailbox, and you can all have every unpayed bill you find inthere lol ;-)

It is actually very easy to decode keys form a picture if you have enough practice.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 11:43 am

All our La La land people are lurkers, just waiting for some caveman to put a photo of his keys online....
All yer rokz are mine............... :shock:
<<

Aedalas

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Dec 02, 2012 12:19 pm

Got a little distracted here, attempting actual advice now.

You should look into a snapper. If you're not the "making stuff" type I'm sure somebody around here would be willing to work something out with you. I'd offer but have no materials and have never attempted one myself. Actually I take that back, I can provide the tubing and wrench if you want.

A pick gun would be another great idea for you. Or an electronic version if you're feeling fancy.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
Previous

Return to Introduce Yourself