FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Greetings from New Orleans

<<

KSH

Post Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 pm

Greetings from New Orleans

Hello everyone. My name is Kevin and I am a newbie. Back in 99 I was given the chance to apprentice at a locksmith in Marysville Ca. It was no pay just to see if I had what it takes. Unfortunately I was working 3 jobs and doing this a couple hours each day. It was a lot to keep up with so I had to stop...and I have kicked myself for quite awhile over that decision.

I have reached a point where I want to do something new as far as work goes so I am looking to try and get into the locksmith trade. I found this site while looking for online or train at home programs and have learner a lot tljust the couple days I have poked around here.

I also picked my first lock tonight. A Public Storage branded ABUS disc lock. Was really stoked with that one as a first pick. I will post a pic in the First Pick section.

I really look forward to becoming active on the forums and learning a lot...and sharing what I learn.

Thanks.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:16 am

Re: Greetings from New Orleans

Welcome. There is a wealth of knowledge on here to help you get started. We have a search feature, but sometimes I just like to pick a sub-forum that looks interesting, and go through the entire section and read every thread. One in particular you might want to take a look at is Kokomolock's locksmithing 101 video tutorials.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:41 am

Welcome Kevin. Glad you're here :)
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

KSH

Post Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:51 am

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Kev
<<

edsmiley

Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin
Contributor - Research & Development Kingpin

Post Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:51 pm

Great to have you here KSH!

Be sure to check out the chat as well for some great talk on locks, picks, and the meaning of life. ;-)

Ed

Return to Introduce Yourself