FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

A little background and a big thank you.....

<<

mdc5150

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:27 am

A little background and a big thank you.....

So in January after being out of work for just over a year I got a chance to start locksmithing. With no previous experience I started in and started learning things like re-keying, making keys by code etc. I've since learned to change safe combos, some minor safe maintenace/repair, picking locks, and yesterday I completed work on a drop safe that used two safe deposit (lever style) locks which one side I had to originate a key by eye. I got a little bit of training on the job by my boss but I owe a big part of what I know to the community here at Keypicking.com. You guys are awesome. Just yesterday I needed help with my tube pick and I wish I could remember who it was gave me the help I needed to get it figured out. I won't name other sites but they are no where near as cool of a community as this place. Thank you guys for being an awesome bunch on the whole.

(It wont be as much as I'd like but I will be putting my money where my mouth is around the 1st, this place is worth it)
<<

whizdumb

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:44 am

Re: A little background and a big thank you.....

Glad to hear that you are having success in your new endeavor.. I don't believe that I have personally helped you, but I too share your sentiments about the community here.. Just as glad as you are to have this site and community here to help, I am happy to see people really benefiting from the knowledge and brotherhood this forum has to offer. Thanks for the Thanks.
Whizdumb81 wrote:You can't handle the DCAP
xe0 wrote:how about a peterson gov steel baseball bat so i can thwap motherfuckers
ecksdee wrote:To learn to pick locks is to learn how to speak a language spoken only in whispers and riddles.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HobbyPicker
<<

uklockpicker

The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor
The Supply Guy - Honored Benefactor

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:55 am

Always good to hear a success story :smile: i bet at times you thought im well out of my depth ! with safes ect always good to have sombody around who you can learn off :hbg: Cool congrats
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 12:42 pm

I feel the same way about the site, I get so much info from here, some things I could have never learned if it hadn't been for the members here. It's a very good resource that I could never put a value on. You won't get the same type of stuff on other forums as you get right here. And everybody is 10 times more friendly and helpful.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 7:14 pm

Your dead right mate, this forum is full of very unselfish people more than willing to help out....

Glad to hear your getting satisfaction from your job, it makes all the difference in the word......
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Apr 27, 2011 8:03 pm

Well said Churchill...........I'll 2nd that!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to Introduce Yourself