FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

What Inspired You?

<<

m0ose

Post Tue May 06, 2008 9:39 am

What Inspired You?

Everyone has their story, and I want to know. What inspired you to take up locks and lockpicking/smithing?

Myself, it goes like this. My grandfather was a Locksmith for many years at a local college. He worked there until he retired. Supposedly he always loved his job, but I wouldn't know. When he passed away I was to young to really have a mind of the future or jobs and such, so I never got a chance to discuss it with him as I would now. But, yes, he passed away and left his 9 kids with everything he owned. Little was given to me and my brothers, (the only three people to carry on his last name) but my dad did get his pick set.

This sparked me and I was curious. However, that curiosity was stifled when I went though some life problems and changed horribly. SO yadda yadda yadda, skip that nonsense. Well, at the end of all of that I felt I needed something that would have made my grandfather respect me, and that how I was just didn't cut it. So I had nothing else in mind other then locksmithing. At that time I knew a guy who was taking lessons through Foley-Belsaw and was loving it. So time passed and about a year or two later, I finally got my mother to signoff on the $600 bill and so it began. So I did my classes and one day, on Youtube I found Slim. He was the one who sparked me to start attempting things for the camera...

Then the rest is history.

What about you? You don't have to be as detailed as I was, but it's always good to know your fellow members.
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2008 10:38 am

Re: What Inspired You?

well my story is nowhere near as intresting as your guys but here goes.

i was playing splinter cell one day and i picked a lock on there and that got me thinking if it could acctually be done, so i went to youtube and discovered bruno, i watched all of his videos and became really intrested so i then bought my own pickset, i then set about picking my front door. It took me about an hour to get it but after that i was hooked. i then did my first trade with bruno and manged to pick them locks, so i just kept going out and buying locks and picking them. i then came accross HPK's videos which lead me to EZP. i posted a bit on there for a while, got to know everybody a bit better and learned some pretty neat things. I then decided to build my own board and here we are today :D

lew.
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 06, 2008 4:54 pm

mine is boring too.lol
i was just sitting on my bed and i was bored... so i picked up a lock that i had and a box of paper clips... then i went online and found out the tool designs and picked the lock with paper clips... then i saw vids on making them out of hacksaw blades and i decided to make a few... then i decided to get commercial ones... and it just kinda took off... i never thought i would get into it...
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 06, 2008 5:28 pm

:?: huh? im not sure what your talking about... ;)
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 06, 2008 5:45 pm

ohhh... i was going to leave it with your post edited & locked to prevent editing, but i was afraid that i wouldnt wake up in the morning...
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 06, 2008 5:51 pm

:o sorry... hahaha everything is back to normal...
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2008 5:54 pm

he dosen't mess about ya kno ;)
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 06, 2008 5:54 pm

<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 06, 2008 5:56 pm

15 minutes? no.
30 minutes, yes...
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2008 5:59 pm

haha, your mod pannel will show you your options, why you asking me lol
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2008 6:01 pm

accutally i think it's only me you cant ban :D
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 06, 2008 6:03 pm

and the super mod can do the same to the bouncer.lol
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2008 6:04 pm

ok, someone get the off topic sign out :D
<<

Josh

Prolific Poster

Post Tue May 06, 2008 6:10 pm

or
<<

Site Admin

Post Tue May 06, 2008 6:10 pm

well my 1105 vid portrays my true foolishness so i don't count :D

Edit: USMC, why did you delete the rest of your post?
Next

Return to Introduce Yourself