FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Canadian new to the sport.

<<

NovaPick

Post Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:48 am

Canadian new to the sport.

Hello,

I was always interested in locksport but just got into it during Covid times by the usual big name YouTubers.

I thought I would enjoy raking more but seem to be single picking more.
I am also a fan of by-pass techniques but it seems like it is a lot of tools that only work on limited locks.
Hoping to meet up with fellow Canadians. :shorthook:
<<

just1pick+open

Post Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:07 pm

Re: Canadian new to the sport.

Welcome! There are Canadians here. And a lot of great info. Happy picking.
xeo: i use an electric buzzer exclusively for my ass that gets sanitized afterwards
PhoneMan: would have freaked my friend out if hed come over
MBI: Most anything goes.
PhoneMan: way to give me nightmares
selim: ok then blow your load,, i'll take anything free now a day's
<<

Visitor

Post Fri Jan 07, 2022 4:06 pm

You'll find in certain toool competitions (netherlands) it's all about how fast you can rake a lock open, not much skill really, the real skill and kudos is in single pin picking and the complexity of the lock you can pick open.
Bypassing isn't really regarded as locksport as your not picking the lock open.
<<

NovaPick

Post Fri Jan 07, 2022 7:25 pm

I don't take such a narrow view, though your view may very well be correct. I see it all as lockpicking, and yes I suppose it would be cheating if you bypassed the picking part in a contest; but then again bypass is not "picking" per say but I see no need to use multiple terms.

The main reason why I use Locksport for everything is it gives a much better public image than saying lock picking.
<<

Visitor

Post Sat Jan 08, 2022 4:38 am

Im not sure what you're getting at, locksoort is the challenge of picking a lock, bypassing a lock has no challenge nor are you picking it. As a locksmith bypassing is a very important part of my daily skills but when the sole purpose of the hobby side is to see if you can pick a lock I'm not quite sure why you would want to cheat.
<<

NovaPick

Post Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:44 am

Visitor wrote:Im not sure what you're getting at,

Maybe English is not your first language.

"The main reason why I use Locksport for everything is it gives a much better public image than saying lock picking."

Tell a friend you like to lock bypass and they will say, "What?" But if you say lockpicking, they will know you mean opening a lock. However, said friend will also connect lockpicking with the criminal side. If you say, "Locksport" it gives you a chance to show how what you do (no matter if it is picking or bypassing) is a "sport" or hobby. That same friend will now be offering you ever old lock he finds.
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:06 pm

NovaPick wrote:
Visitor wrote:Im not sure what you're getting at,

Maybe English is not your first language.

Hmm, I don't foresee you being around for a long time if you continue to insult other members for posting their opinions and thoughts.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Return to Introduce Yourself