FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

hello-ckers !

<<

WinchLock

Post Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:36 pm

hello-ckers !

hello-ckers !

i'm Fabrice from south west of France and i love old, vintage objects and i just discover the keyless padlocks Gougler style, i have a JB Miller with no combination and my new hobby is to find out the way to OPEN it !

it seems the shackle code is 630 but i'm not sure... if someone could help
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

prevariikation

Post Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:30 pm

Re: hello-ckers !

Hi Fabrice! I just sent you a private message.

If the combination I sent you doesn't work, for those style Miller/Gougler locks, I wrote up a combination recovery method on another forum. Also check out How a Gougler Padlock Works and Oldfast's audio manipulation thread for more about these locks :) I think they're super neat.
<<

WinchLock

Post Mon Nov 29, 2021 6:52 am

hello Prevariikation !
thank you very much for your help, unfortunately the combination does not work (i tried all the ways possible) maybe the shackle number is 680, the numbers are very used... if you have something to propose around 680 or 080, 030 or 089, ...
i will follow the others ways you described as well. i'll let you know if i have a good news
<<

WinchLock

Post Mon Nov 29, 2021 7:39 am

do you know which mic is using by Oldfast ?? he just drop the name of CPT1911 to thanks him but i don't find where he talk about the black cylinder mystery mic
<<

prevariikation

Post Mon Nov 29, 2021 4:08 pm

Maybe it's an EZ AMP safe amplifier? CPT1911 mentioned it, and it's visually similar. I can't find where to buy one though.
<<

WinchLock

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:23 am

thanks, i already order an EZamp like on amazon.

did you read my previous message about the shackle numbers ? it'll be interesting to me to try out another combos if you have some.

i saw your visual decoding video before create my account on keypicking, so cool to discuss with you after that ! i tried to use this technique but on mine, no "big" hole like yours, too tricky to see anything move...
<<

prevariikation

Post Tue Nov 30, 2021 12:53 pm

Ah dang, unfortunate that the cutout is too narrow to see into. I sent another PM, hope it's helpful!
<<

WinchLock

Post Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:08 pm

:combolock:

hey ! i can say... OPEN ! :D

first of all, huge thanks to Prevariikation for his help from the beginning, unfortunately it's not the combos he provided i succeed the opening but thanks again !

i bought an EZ amp like on amazon => https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B08PFF ... UTF8&psc=1
it's a really cool & working tool based on piezo microphone and i tried several times to hear something inside the padlock but finally, i think this kind of keyless padlock has no click to ear because the pin just "slide" into the labyrinth without sound.

i'm not very proud with the way i took but maybe i could never have opened otherwise. i simply (gently) open the back panel with a thin screwdriver and take a look at the labyrinth to decode the good combo and it's not a 4-digit nor a left first :

R4 - L6 - R3 - L2 - R6

and i discover that this combo works too :

R5 - L7 - R3 - L2 - R6 just a variation due to a tolerance in the system of pin/labyrinth

discover also that the reset roll can be done no matter left or right.
the gougler are the same ? i wonder what's the production year of mine as well, if you know.. let me know !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

prevariikation

Post Sat Dec 04, 2021 4:01 pm

I'm a lady actually, my voice is just real deep :lol: I'm so glad you got it open! Shame about having to pry the back off, but that's how it goes sometimes! Thank you for the photos. :combolock:

I can't positively identify the year, but based on the "J.B. Miller Keyless Lock Company" branding and the patent numbers, I might guess between 1931 and 1945 -- US patent no. 1,929,598 was filed for in 1931, and apparently Gougler bought out the company sometime in 1944 and 1945. This is all from the extensive history (Microsoft Word doc, 13 MB) that I think was written by Jim Kirk of the University of Wyoming. If you want more detail, the folks at Antique Locks (payment required) may know more.

The labyrinth in yours is a totally different design than anything I've seen, it's real neat and thank you for sharing!
Last edited by prevariikation on Mon Dec 06, 2021 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

WinchLock

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:35 am

shame on me, you're a lady ! apologize for the misunderstanding :)

thanks again for all the infos you provided, we learn so much when sharing !
i will stand in LA for 1 month in february 2022, are you from California or do you know a good address to talk about padlocks right there ?
<<

prevariikation

Post Mon Dec 06, 2021 6:56 pm

No problem :smile: I'm not from LA, but it seems like LA has a lockpicking meetup on the 3rd Friday of every month that's still happening. The Los Angeles/SoCal thread here is pretty old but might be a good place to ask too.
<<

WinchLock

Post Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:14 pm

thanks again ! question asked !
see ya

Return to Introduce Yourself