FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hello from Spain

<<

Tallan

User avatar

Newbie

Posts: 8

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Post Mon Nov 15, 2021 7:04 pm

Hello from Spain

Hi all, my name is Carlos, Tallan Pick on YouTube, I´m Spanish and my English is very little so I regularly use the google translator to communicate, which does not always do a good job, so I apologize in advance if I make a mistake or some phrase sounds rude, that is not my intention.

I have been a lockpicking enthusiast for 7 years, during these years I have had the pleasure of learning new things every day sharing locks, tools and knowledge with the picking community and locksmith professionals. I hope I can share my passion with you and contribute something useful to the forum. I thank you very much for letting me be part of it.

Cheers!
<<

Werewolf

Familiar Face

Posts: 219

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:00 am

Location: Belgium

Post Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:37 pm

Re: Hello from Spain

Welcome to the forum.
I've seen some of your youtube videos, they are quite good.
"Who are you and how did you get in here ?"
"I'm the locksmith , and i'm a locksmith"
<<

Tallan

User avatar

Newbie

Posts: 8

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Post Tue Nov 16, 2021 9:02 pm

Re: Hello from Spain

Thank you mate! my pleasure ;o)
<<

MartinHewitt

User avatar

Prolific Poster

Posts: 1694

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Location: Germany

Post Tue Nov 16, 2021 10:59 pm

Re: Hello from Spain

Hi Tallan, my Spanish is for sure worse than your English. It is based on my Latin knowledge from decades ago and a few chapters of Spanish course. It is enough to understand half of basic communication. I just ordered two Soler locks from Spain. No idea how good Ramon's English (or German) would have been, but google translate did wonders, although I had to tweak it a bit to prevent false translations. Spanish is a beautiful language. That is why I started with it. But I sadly don't have a real use case for it. In any case I think you won't have a problem with google translate and I believe your English will improve soon, at least your lockpicking English. :)
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Tallan

User avatar

Newbie

Posts: 8

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Post Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:32 pm

Re: Hello from Spain

Hi Martin, I think that my written English "misleads", unfortunately I don't know how to speak as much as to write it, the pronunciation is very difficult for me (it seems that I have a sock stuck in my mouth :mrgreen: ), besides that writing you can think and modify a sentence, and speaking not . In any case, I have been improving over the years, and I owe it all to lockpicking and the English-speaking forums.
and yeah, the truth is that we sometimes complain too much about the performance of the google translator, but in most cases it does a reasonably good job. However, you cannot trust everything to him, you have to watch him closely, he has played tricks on me, although fortunately it all ends with a laugh from the rest of the forum colleagues, and laughing is not a bad thing, so we will say that nothing serious happened

Never tried a Olle lock, in Spain is difficult to find safe locks if you are not a locksmith, but let me know what you think about them, if it worths I will give them a try. I´m looking now for some STUV and Mauer locks, although they are probably not the most suitable to start with (I have to look in the forum to see if there is any thread about the best locks to start with safe lever locks).

Thanks a lot for the comment mate, is much appreciated ;o)
<<

MartinHewitt

User avatar

Prolific Poster

Posts: 1694

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Location: Germany

Post Fri Nov 19, 2021 7:46 pm

Re: Hello from Spain

I am sure if you can read and write you can also communicate verbally even so it is challenging. I think I did learn English most by reading books. I wasn't good at the end of school. I have heard the Dutch people are good at English, because they do get Hollywood movies only with Dutch subtitles.

At least a few years ago the French -> English/German translation was awful. I could not understand the meaning. Maybe it is now better.English/German -> Foreign can be indeed tricky, but "a laugh" means they understood. That is 90% of the task achieved.

I did not know Olle made also locks. I do know them only from the safes. I have an AR1 as a toy safe for burglary attacks because it is small and relatively light.

The STUV 4.19.92 is one of the easiest double-bitted locks. It was my first which I ever attempted to pick. Made my pick and poked it into the lock just before bed to have a quick feel how it is. After 15 minutes it was open. It is probably the lock for beginners, which can be most easily found on ebay. The Mauer 71111 is a step up, but not that bad.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

10ringo10

User avatar

Prolific Poster

Posts: 1238

Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 5:45 pm

Location: EUROPE

Post Sat Nov 20, 2021 4:54 pm

Re: Hello from Spain

Hello and welcome
don't forget to post up your projects
Still learning new tricks some good vids for sure.
<<

Tallan

User avatar

Newbie

Posts: 8

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Post Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:40 pm

Re: Hello from Spain

MartinHewitt wrote:I am sure if you can read and write you can also communicate verbally even so it is challenging. I think I did learn English most by reading books. I wasn't good at the end of school. I have heard the Dutch people are good at English, because they do get Hollywood movies only with Dutch subtitles.

At least a few years ago the French -> English/German translation was awful. I could not understand the meaning. Maybe it is now better.English/German -> Foreign can be indeed tricky, but "a laugh" means they understood. That is 90% of the task achieved.

I did not know Olle made also locks. I do know them only from the safes. I have an AR1 as a toy safe for burglary attacks because it is small and relatively light.

The STUV 4.19.92 is one of the easiest double-bitted locks. It was my first which I ever attempted to pick. Made my pick and poked it into the lock just before bed to have a quick feel how it is. After 15 minutes it was open. It is probably the lock for beginners, which can be most easily found on ebay. The Mauer 71111 is a step up, but not that bad.




Yeah, totally agree, watching movies translated and dubbed is a big mistake, I've been trying to see everything with subtitles for a couple of years now, it's at least a good system to "listen" and better understand conversations. But as far as I can speak it... believe me, you don't want to hear me try :mrgreen:

Thanks a lot for the info about the locks, I will try to find them, I´m sure I saw the Mauer 71111 several times on ebay ;o)))
<<

Tallan

User avatar

Newbie

Posts: 8

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Post Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:42 pm

Re: Hello from Spain

10ringo10 wrote:Hello and welcome
don't forget to post up your projects
Still learning new tricks some good vids for sure.



Thank you mate!
I´m a noob at safe lock picking and manipulation, still finding locks and learning from treads, but I hope to be able to share something soon ;o))
Cheers!
<<

MartinHewitt

User avatar

Prolific Poster

Posts: 1694

Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:19 pm

Location: Germany

Post Sat Nov 20, 2021 8:00 pm

Re: Hello from Spain

The STUV 4.19.92, (dormakaba) Mauer 71111 and cawi/WITTKOPP Optima 2648 are the most common safe key locks in Germany. AFAIK the safe manufacturers pay for them 10€ per lock.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

Tallan

User avatar

Newbie

Posts: 8

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:31 pm

Post Sat Nov 20, 2021 9:09 pm

Re: Hello from Spain

MartinHewitt wrote:The STUV 4.19.92, (dormakaba) Mauer 71111 and cawi/WITTKOPP Optima 2648 are the most common safe key locks in Germany. AFAIK the safe manufacturers pay for them 10€ per lock.



10€/lock wow, I saw them about 35€/lock and they are used...
<<

WinchLock

User avatar

Newbie

Posts: 5

Joined: Sun Nov 28, 2021 2:13 pm

Post Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:43 pm

Re: Hello from Spain

hello Carlos, great job on youtube, do you have some tricks about keyless padlock Gougler style ?
thanks

Return to Introduce Yourself

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]

Don't forget to visit our sponsors for all of your lockpicking needs!
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Grop
"CA Black" theme designed by stsoftware