FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

New member - also looking for manipulation tips

<<

simvbel111

Post Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:01 pm

Re: New member - also looking for manipulation tips

Thx, it does seem to help. Is there a way to know if its a RLRL or LRLR lock?
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Feb 16, 2020 2:06 am

The final opening rotation is R (Clockwise). So the three numbers must be set LRL.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

simvbel111

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 12:36 pm

Alright so ive mapped the wheel stack like 10 times, it was 1 step forward rwo steps back but there is some consistency.

What are your thoughts?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

simvbel111

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:21 pm

Also this CP is stronger than the other one, thats opposite the standard? Since is is the left CP when looking at it from the back and i turn the wheel counterclockwise (L) for it to bite. Does that mean it is a RLRL combo?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

AL usher69

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:37 pm

I have a Yale 0700 I think I've been in the hospital with a inflame gallbladder I didn't need so when I get home I'll look at mine and see about the cp I'm pretty sure it's a Yale 0700 I had the old man down the street help me with mine. Like I said I'll be home today and let you know how mine works if you need certain pictures let me know
<<

simvbel111

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:54 pm

No worries, i appreciate it. Some pics would he useful. Where do you live maybe that old man can help me too haha.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:58 pm

First, connect the dots! You see much better what happens that way.

I don't think the area around 90 is helpful. If it is a Yale, than the two CPs are around 8 and 11. If it is a Mosler, there should be only one. Also the amplitude is much to large. In all the locks have seen so far it is necessary to measure the CP with a precision of at least 1/4th, better 1/8th. If you can't feel reliably the CP at 8, then just stick to the CP at 11. From how the Yale is built the right CP should provide more information than the left. So looking just at this CP is probably no loss. From your AWL graph 95 looks very interesting.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
<<

AL usher69

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:44 pm

The safe lock that came from my protectall it looks like a Moser lock. The only marking I found was a stamped M which is in a circle the picture I uploaded shows it clearly.. I have another small lock that one I'll check and send pictures as well
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:12 pm

That is the Yale 0700.
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:35 pm

Btw. Al, are on your wheels numbers? From your photo the possible gate positions have a distance of 4. And with the hand change lock, that I have, the gate numbers are imprinted next to the pin holes. Maybe the first wheel on the stack is turn over and the numbers are on the other side? If we know the possible gate numbers, then simvbel111 would only need to test 22 numbers per wheel. Or if one wants to brute force it is 10648 possible combinations.
<<

AL usher69

Post Fri Feb 21, 2020 7:55 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:Btw. Al, are on your wheels numbers? From your photo the possible gate positions have a distance of 4. And with the hand change lock, that I have, the gate numbers are imprinted next to the pin holes. Maybe the first wheel on the stack is turn over and the numbers are on the other side? If we know the possible gate numbers, then simvbel111 would only need to test 22 numbers per wheel. Or if one wants to brute force it is 10648 possible combinations.

Okay, I'll look at it in the am and turn the wheel around what ever pictures you need I'll be more then happy to help out. This is by far the best forum for me..
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:50 am

Here is an example of a wheel with stamped numbers: https://www.lockpicking101.com/viewtopi ... 12#p488412
<<

AL usher69

Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:34 am

MartinHewitt wrote:Here is an example of a wheel with stamped numbers: https://www.lockpicking101.com/viewtopi ... 12#p488412

Okay here are the pictures on both sides of the wheel. I'm going to keep it apart so if you need some pictures to help him out let me know it looks like no numbers on either side
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:41 am

Thanks. So no numbers.
<<

AL usher69

Post Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:43 am

Is there another way to do this without numbers
PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself