FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hello!

<<

GhostDog98

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:08 am

Hello!

Hi there, im a hobbiest located in the land down under (Australia) and heard of you guys from lock pickers united (currently orange there) and looking forward to hopefully getting some help with a project i am doing atm which is getting the bitting of an abus 72/40 down pat as currently there are no guides, see my first post (Sorry for being a bit of an asshole about that) to see if you can help; Nonetheless i am looking forwards to participating in this community!
<<

namggey

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 5:15 am

Re: Hello!

I just started myself. Still navigating the forum. I just started learning safe combination lock manipulation, and it has been a challenge so far. Just learning that, I do not have much info on your padlock. I have a decent locksmithing book on padlocks, I am not sure if that one is in there. I have to leave for work...I could check later, if you haven't gotten any tips when I get back tonight. As one Newbie to another...good luck !!!
<<

GWiens2001

Lock-Goblin-Gordon
Lock-Goblin-Gordon

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:19 am

Was unaware that the Abus 72 series used a different bitting than the other bittings. Looked at my charts and didn’t see anything specifying the 72 series. Will check into it.

Gordon
Just when you think you've learned it all, that is when you find you haven't learned anything yet.
<<

namggey

Familiar Face

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:52 am

In my Reed Code Book vol. one For Padlocks (copy right 1988) Abus codes. It says miscellaneous Information 01 01 01--17 14 17 (#78 Combination series) with 18 pages of possible combinations. That is all I have. My other Padlock books do not even mention the Abus at all.
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Wed Dec 18, 2019 6:00 pm

https://www.tomcowholesale.com/index.ph ... uct_id=429 here is a pin kit - may be able to figure out some info from there.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

namggey

Familiar Face

Post Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:06 am

Well to GhostDog98 I found a video that 'might' help you if all else fails.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0QsixOs44s

Return to Introduce Yourself