FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Nitro-Nicky and the Sentry G5241-1 safe

<<

Nitro-Nicky

Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:29 am

Nitro-Nicky and the Sentry G5241-1 safe

Nitro-Nicky here, posting from Sonoma County in Northern Cali. I am 'So Glad To Have Found Your Site' last night!!!! As a Mental Health Professional I run into many strange crisis's in people's lives. I love metal detecting & lock picking and have been able to help clients with issues with those skills. Safecracking isn't my thing yet but looks like I need to learn.

Usually I do not allow another persons emergency to become 'my emergency'. However, one of my best friends who was dying and in stage 4 liver sciroccos. He woke up in the middle of the night and placed several of the items off the kitchen table in his Sentry G5241-1 safe and his CE safe thinking they were his stuff. Unfortunately it was items like our wallets, keys, and medications. In the morning he could remember doing this but couldn't convey the codes as he died shortly thereafter.

The CE electronic safe was straightforward. I took a magnifying glass and a strong light so I could see the wear patterns off the key pad, including which choice of 'A' or 'B'. 18 combination possibilities later and excitingly the safe beeped open!

The Sentry Safe issue us that I just do not understand how a person is supposed to acquire the initial contact points. I'm dyslexic and reading instructions that don't give visual clues are useally beyond me. Is there a Video someplace that shows how to do this and explains in detail how the chart is set up? I'm supposed to be leaving town and need to solve this right away. Nitro
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:31 pm

Re: Nitro-Nicky and the Sentry G5241-1 safe

Hello,

Unfortunately we cannot help with locks in use or in an emergency situation.

If there is a serial number you can contact Sentry and if you provide proof of ownership they can give you the combination that should open the safe. Your other option is to take it down to a locksmith or have one come to you and open it although this is the much more expensive option. You can search here for a good tech in your area http://www.savta.org/savta_tech.php
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.
<<

Nitro-Nicky

Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:25 pm

I want to open this myself. For years I have been playing with key locks but have never taken the time to understand dial combinations. If you read my post you'll see my confusion is with the statements of locating the initial 'CONTACT POINTS'.

Instruction language can sometimes trip me up. I can go thru the Left numbers 3 spaces each and come ups with contact points such as: 100= 97-0
97= 95-97
94= 97-99
and on down to:
10= 7-10
7= 3-7
4= 52-4
1= 81-1 etc.

what I do not understand is what is 'implied' by having to make a chart by first writing down the 'initial Contact Points' and then placing two dots on the alleged graph.

What are the two dots? Where do the two dots come from? I really like to learn and I have my cutaway padlocks from years ago when I started taking lock-picking more seriously. I just need help in understanding the instructions please. Nitro
<<

Nitro-Nicky

Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:42 pm

I'm also having issues with this gun safe on discovering if it is a 3 or 4 wheel safe. My own American Standard 4 dial safe's dial rides like it's on liquid ballbearings. This Sentry safe feels like I'm turning a tire left or right, there is so much friction and roughness.

Also; do I clear it left and then start the 2nd number clockwise or the other way around?

Lastly, I did the pointer attached to the opening handle sequence. My results showed most of the numbers moving approximately 6/16ths of an inch with some number sequences (such as 32, 33, 34) with the handle pointer suddenly moving 14/16ths of an inch. I'm looking for the last dial number hopefully. Unfortunately this happened on 11 series of numbers. I did this clearing Left (counterclockwise) moving one number at a time counter clockwise (1,2,3,4, etc.) What did I do wrong there? Nitro
<<

Riyame

Keeper of the Bests / Supreme Overlord of Small Format Interchangeable Picking Nightmares

Post Tue Jul 09, 2019 9:51 pm

Nitro-Nicky wrote:I want to open this myself. For years I have been playing with key locks but have never taken the time to understand dial combinations. If you read my post you'll see my confusion is with the statements of locating the initial 'CONTACT POINTS'.

And if you read my post I said we cannot help you. This is a lock in use and we do not help with those.
PhoneMan: I always knew I'd say something stupid and it would be someone's sig
macgng: i am an equal opportunity pervert
macgng: aww fuck thats goin in someone sig :-(

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

Return to Introduce Yourself