FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Yet Another Noob That Saw A Picking Vid Has Joined

<<

Meph

Post Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:07 pm

Yet Another Noob That Saw A Picking Vid Has Joined

Yes... Yet another Noob has watched a video on a popular video sharing site and thought "Hey that looks good, where do I buy a set of picks from?" Well my first pick set arrived monday just gone... and I've already picked the 3 transparent locks that came with it and even have been provided with a 6 pin euro cylinder cut-away training lock with some spool pins and picked that too with 2 spools in it...

Although I say I have picked these locks... I'm still learning how to feel for the binding pins and am relying on visual aids for how far my short hook is inserted... Although I'm trying to pick with my eyes closed so I'll be able to "pick with the best of em" later down the line...

Anyways... on the net, I prefer to be called Meph, I'm originally from my fathers testes... but got spat out into the world in one of the best places to get a curry in England... Bradford... I'm pushing 40... and after watching a few vid's on "the video sharing site" my thirst for all things lock was born...

So... This was my introduction... I look forward to talking locks with you all...
Meph

Oh almost forgot.... Solomon.... thank you thank you thank you for your Detailed Overkill... it's helped me so much in understanding what I'm feeling in the lock...
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:01 pm

Re: Yet Another Noob That Saw A Picking Vid Has Joined

Welcome Meph! You found an awesome site full of vast amounts of knowledge. And the folks here are very easy to talk to. Enjoy your learning! I'm Mark by the way.
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin
<<

10ringo10

Prolific Poster

Post Fri Feb 23, 2018 3:00 am

welcome to kp - just up the road from me a yorkshire lad :smile: look forward to seeing your posts
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:56 pm

Welocme Meph. I'm Mike.
This is an insanely informative place. Insanely

My best advice as you continue is...
Don't forget to shower from time to time, and remember to eat. :D
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to Introduce Yourself