FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hey all from Portland Oregon!

<<

OrMeanGene

Post Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Hey all from Portland Oregon!

Hello everyone, my name is Mean Gene and im living in the Portland area. Im a hobby picker, new to this community. Id put my skill level currently at the low end of intermediate. Ive got a mix of picks, mostly Peterson, some sparrow, and the amazing goso kit i got 1st...

Im a cdl driver and work for a paving company. Im most heavily involved in shooting sports and training. Glock guy. I tried lock picking after getting a kwik pick and caught the bug. Id love to find more info on the community, locksport, challenge locks, etc... Ive got about a dozen locks at the moment. Couple Yale, couple corbin, american 1100 rekeyable, other random masterlocks(rekeyable and not), no 130, 140, 150, and the master 7pin training lock from lockpicking.com with 2 bags of misc pins and springs.

My biggest struggle currently is ToK tension. Im up for trading and doing challenge locks in my current skill level, and up for meeting others locally. Id also love to find a pick maker for a few really nice handmade picks.

Feel free to message, and thanks for having me.
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:17 am

Re: Hey all from Portland Oregon!

Welcome
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:17 pm

Re: Hey all from Portland Oregon!

Good to meet you Gene, I'm Mike. WELCOME.

BEST place on the internet. Hands down. Well, lol... I think so anyway :D
The beginning phases of lockpicking are extremely exciting - enjoy it!
And the best part is......................................... it never gets old!! :spinning:

Some of the locks you currently have (like your 140) and will eventually get, are self-contained.
They're not designed to be disassembled. You'll be dying to know what's inside but won't want
to kill the lock to get satisfaction, lol. I've not added to this 'Gut-Shots' thread in a long time, but
take a look HERE first... you may find that I've already sacrificed one to the Lock Gods. lol

Cya around.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to Introduce Yourself