FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hello from South Florida

<<

Killick

Post Sat Oct 15, 2016 5:57 pm

Hello from South Florida

I've been lurking here for some time now because there's just so much good stuff to read & learn from. I started picking locks when I was around 9 or so when I read a biography on Harry Houdini. My lock picking career didn't really last long but I've always wanted to learn (without actually having to do jail time). Then came the 60's & the 007/spy movies & I still wanted to learn but well, girls. Then cars and motorcycles. And girls. Then work & then a career & fast-forward 50 years & I'm looking to retire soon. (Whew!)
OK, so my wife was reading about bump keys etc. which is pretty important to a Real Estate Broker & being a computer professional, I did some Google Fu...
...and ended up right here. So now I'm totally fascinated with picking locks (again) but this time I will actually HAVE the time to play when I retire in a couple of years but I'm beginning right now. Part time & in between all the other Things I Do. I started out with bent paper clips & while this works in a clunky sort of way, it ain't exactly the Real Thing so based on my reading & research, I bought the Kick Start kit from Sparrows & then the Expansion Set shortly afterward. These are what I am learning picking on & they are pretty awesome. I will post more on this at a later date.

So far, all of my questions about this bit or that bit have been answered via browsing here or the Search button. Google & YouTube have helped a great deal too & I see a bunch of you all there too. I will probably be posting more when I get some more experience and/or have a question that hasn't already been answered yet.

Thank you all for being such a wealth of knowledge! I have more homework to do...

Killick
<<

spuds

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:50 pm

Re: Hello from South Florida

Hello and welcome Killick :spkeypin:
Even Duct tape can't fix stupid But it can muffle the sound ! ;-)
Jim

Return to Introduce Yourself