FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Noob incoming :D

<<

LocksportSouth

Post Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:22 pm

Noob incoming :D

Hey! New member checking in.

I'm pretty new to lockpicking in general, but I have been on LP101 for around a week, but it can be a bit quiet so I thought I should branch out and see who and what else is around :D.

My story (if anyone is interested) is that I was fascinated by locks as a kid, especially padlocks and spent a LOT of time messing with them but sadly never had the foresight or familial motivation to get into locksmithing or investigate locks beneath the most simple level, so I ended up going into a different field for a career.

30 years later starting to regret not exploring locks and locksmithing more! So I've started collecting padlocks and also started learning more about lock mechanisms and also trying my hand at picking. I had a small selection of very basic locks until a week or so ago and since then have been trying to expand my collection of both locks (for picking and just for collecting) and picks and generally engage in the lock collecting and lock picking community more!

I've been watching a lot of YouTube vids from the likes of Bosnian Bill et al, and I'm hoping to start my own YT channel to showcase my collection and my lock picking journey! Maybe do some tips and advice features too :D.

My main interests are in collecting examples of interesting, old, unique and high security locks, and in lock picking and manipulation. I'd also love to get into safe picking and am hoping to pick up a couple of cheap safes to practice on. As for pursuing the professional route... Well, it was my dream for a long time, but I wonder if that ship has sailed - high entrance and training fees I'm sure and I bet it's hard to get an "in" to the industry, and my area already has plenty of locksmiths so probably not much room for competition, but oh well! I do have other interests and hobbies too, maybe I'll find time and space to chat about those too sometime :)

Well, that's probably enough jabbering away :D. Nice to meet you all!
<<

Malekal

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:03 pm

Re: Noob incoming :D

Hey friend, welcome! I'm new here but ahve been on LP101 for a while :)
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:29 pm

Yes, belated welcome to the forum!
<<

LocksportSouth

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 8:33 pm

Thanks, both :). Totally forgot about my intro thread!
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:33 pm

Welcome :-) somehow I missed this thread when it was first posted, but better late then never :-)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.

Return to Introduce Yourself