FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hi Guys, UK Amature 1st Lock Picked!

<<

LockPickIt

Post Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:56 am

Hi Guys, UK Amature 1st Lock Picked!

Hi Guys, My name is mike but I'm Known as Ragz, I'm 25 and have been interested in lock picking for a few years, I have been watching videos online for ages and finally decided i really wanted to give it ago.
I Bought myself a GOSO Pick Kit from UK Bump Keys (really not the best) but after 30mins of 'fiddling' with it i managed to SPP my 1st ever padlock ('High' security padlock) i have now picked it about 10 times and each time time had varied from seconds to 10mins. The pick set i have is very poor in my opinion (not sure how i have one, with this being my 1st kit) but i get very little feed back and the picks feel very rough in the locks.

I have now caught the lock picking bug and love the feeling as the lock gives up and turns. while i was in bed last night i decided to bite the bullet and start as i mean to go on and bought myself a 'real' kit from Peterson (Phoenix Silver GSP Pick Set)

I'm really looking forward to working with some better tools and learning more each day, I have asked all my family and friends to dig out/find old unwanted locks and padlocks for me to play with as at this time i only have two locks.

I will attach a very poor video of my picking my 1st lock (this was the 4th time picking it and i was lucky!!!) please excuse the lack of sound and angle, it was recorded on my webcam.
<<

xeo

Catministrator
Catministrator

Post Sat Oct 31, 2015 10:58 am

Re: Hi Guys, UK Amature 1st Lock Picked!

Welcome Ragz. Is that a World of Warcraft mouse?
The code is hidden in the tumblers. One position opens the lock, another position opens one of these doors...
http://www.youtube.com/xeotech1

(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

░░░░░░░░░░░░░Image
<<

LockPickIt

Post Sat Oct 31, 2015 11:06 am

Hi Xeo, Its a Madcatz R.A.T. 9 Gaming Mouse
<<

Neilau

Post Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:49 pm

Welcome Ragz. :slainte:

You will enjoy it here. Lots of info and help.

Re:your GOSO picks. A lot of them are a bit strange but their hooks are very good. Strong also.

They just need a bit of polishing.

I've been using a couple of GOSO hooks for years and really like them. Put the rest away but keep the hooks, plus you have a nice case.
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

vde

Familiar Face

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:11 am

Welcome to the picker craze Ragz,
Enjoy your time here. GOSOs are not that bad a bit of sandpaper and some patience will fix them all up and you will get into a wide range of lock. (Peterson also need a bit of edge smoothing btw)

Cheers
vde
Have fun with my channel - VDE on YouTube
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 1:09 pm

Welcome Ragz :)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sun Nov 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Hi Mike... I'm Mike :) Welcome, welcome.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

LockPickIt

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:07 am

Thanks for the welcome guys.
I'm planning to polish and refine my goso hooks over the next few evenings. Im looking forward to getting my peterson kit! I have no idea when it will arrive sadly fingers cross soon as i can't cope with the horrible tension bars in my GOSO kit.
I have orderd myself a nice little desk vice/clamp to help hold things. All I need is some locks! Any tips for getting hold of locks to play with? I have asked all family and friends to donate any old locks they don't want or don't have keys for, but only had about 2 donated.
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 8:57 am

Welcome mate and congrads on your first lock.
<<

Korver15

Familiar Face

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 10:25 am

Congratulations! My first lock is a hook and I hope it was for you. You never forget your first lock
A wise man once told me I was a unique person. Just like everyone else. Korver15 Channel
<<

LockPickIt

Post Mon Nov 02, 2015 3:41 pm

Thanks! I definitely have the 'pickers bug' :)
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:12 am

I forget by who but there is a super funny write up describing the stages of this hobby. Stage 1: obtain all the locks you can get your hands on lol. So your right there Im sure. If anyone knows the write up, please post a link. thx
<<

LockPickIt

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:21 am

Haha. I'm struggling to get locks at the min. But the hunt continues! Just less than a week until my new pick set arrives! Can't wait. Then I must get recording for my YouTube!
<<

Neilau

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:00 pm

Don't worry about finding locks. Now that you are "into it" they will turn up everywhere.

Ask around, people often have old locks without keys in their sheds. If you have a friend that is a builder or carpenter, they are good sources. Car boot sales. Junk yards etc.

If you intend to spend a couple of dollars then I TOTALLY recommend Mr. Wizards practice locks (He is a member here). Beautiful quality and you can re-pin it with any combination of security pins and bitting combinations - extra pins come with the lock. It's like having hundreds of different locks.

I purchased one a couple of years ago and am still making up more challenging combinations. It has taught me Sooo much.

Tip, if you do get one use TOK tension.

Look and ye shall find. :D
Clark's Law (Arthur C)

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
<<

twenglish 1

Post Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:36 pm

Welcome to the forum! I'll add my two cents, I purchase most of my locks on eBay, usually lots of good deals to be found, and of course i am always keeping my eye out for them at flea markets and everywhere else, I'm sure most can agree this hobby soon becomes more of an addiction! I know since I started picking I was always and still am looking for that next lock to challenge
Next

Return to Introduce Yourself