FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Members Say Hi

<<

Ezmau

Post Tue Jan 29, 2019 2:07 am

Re: Members Say Hi

Howdy
My name's Joshua, but you can call me Ua or Ezmau since there are already Joshes on this site.
I think disc detainers are my favorite but locks in general are interesting to me. I just turned 18, almost broke a pick in a dirty grimey lock, and would like to learn more about picking on this site.

Thanks for having me.
<<

weave8144

Post Tue Jan 29, 2019 1:19 pm

Hi,

Nice to see you all and hello !!
<<

D W M

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:06 am

Hello everyone. Just joined. Mainly here to learn about the safes and locks I have. Currently restoring an antique Mosler strongroom door (circa 1914)
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:15 pm

Welcome! Sounds like a hell-of-a project!

Hope to see some pictures along the way.

Glad you're here.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Kiros

Post Sun Mar 17, 2019 3:00 am

Hi, I'm 35, I have been watching lock picking videos on utub for a few years and finally ordered a pick set that was recommended in a video, I think I have some old door locks somewhere in the house, eagerly awaiting the delivery.
I'm trying to find a source of locks to try out here in Melbourne Australia.
<<

terminallytransient

Post Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:58 am

Terminally Transient here, I rediscovered my old picks from back when I was in uni XX years ago, trying to get back into it and seeing if this old dog can pick up some new tricks. It seems a lot more difficult now than back then.
<<

Flanker_27K

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 2:22 pm

Hello everyone!

I'm Olivier from France, I ran into this forum when looking for reviews about the locks I wanted to install on my future house, and decided to make an account here: if I can look at what I'm buying from the "opponent's" side, then it'll be easier to find something efficient.
Apart from that, I'm 38, am married with 2 kids, and work in insurance sales.

Have a nice day!
<<

Oldfast

Post Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:50 pm

Welcome folks!
Hope to see ya around.
It's wonderful place here.

Olivier, I applaud your efforts in doing some research
before purchasing locks for you home. That's more
than you can say for most I'd imagine. Keep at it.
<<

Flanker_27K

Post Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:28 am

Thanks! Yeah, I figured it'd be good to actually know about what I'm looking for... I've been choosing way too much things at the random, and am trying to correct this.
<<

MacNutz 42

Post Mon May 06, 2019 4:57 am

Greetings all. I am about as new as one can be to this, in spite of being ancient of days. I have finally out grown building and painting scale model airplanes and need a new hobby. I've been watching a lot of Youtube videos. I like to do some research before I start spending money. I don't want to buy things I don't need or won't need until I have developed some skills.
I have come to learn and ask questions as I have no pretense of knowledge. I'm not strong enough to learn black smithing, my sensitive little hands may be perfect for this, or not.
I look forward to learning many new things about something I have always had some curiosity about.
<<

alan

Post Tue May 07, 2019 2:21 pm

Hi! I'm Alan from the Phoenix, AZ area. My main interest in locks stems from my own lock invention.
<<

Oldfast

Post Tue May 07, 2019 5:03 pm

MacNutz 42 wrote:Greetings all. I am about as new as one can be to this, in spite of being ancient of days. I have finally out grown building and painting scale model airplanes and need a new hobby. I've been watching a lot of Youtube videos. I like to do some research before I start spending money. I don't want to buy things I don't need or won't need until I have developed some skills.
I have come to learn and ask questions as I have no pretense of knowledge. I'm not strong enough to learn black smithing, my sensitive little hands may be perfect for this, or not.
I look forward to learning many new things about something I have always had some curiosity about.

A big welcome to you sir. I'm Mike. You've come to a good place to get started. You'll have to search around a bit... but I know there's some threads on purchasing lock picks as well as on some startup reading. And as you've mentioned, youtube is an incredible source as well.

alan wrote:Hi! I'm Alan from the Phoenix, AZ area. My main interest in locks stems from my own lock invention.

Welcome Alan. Glad you're here. I'm sure we all would love to hear more about this when you're ready.
<<

MHM

Familiar Face

Post Tue May 07, 2019 11:26 pm

Welcome to the group, both of you guys.

@MacNutz - ask as many questions as you like - that's literally what this board is for.

@Alan - what's your invention?
<<

MacNutz 42

Post Wed May 08, 2019 12:19 am

Thanks guys. I will ask. I have been watching many videos by people like LPL and Bosnian Bill. They seem super legit. They have both created and answered a number of questions. I have ideas about what I need to get started comfortably. I shall find the place to talk about the specifics of what I am thinking of.
I am big on sticking to basics at the beginning of any new study or effort. I can imagine there are some Master locks in my near future.
<<

alan

Post Wed May 08, 2019 2:16 pm

MHM wrote:Welcome to the group, both of you guys.
@Alan - what's your invention?

Thanks for the welcome. Let me explain my invention, and ask a question.

I have a new key core design. Briefly, its strengths are very high security at low cost. I've already filed for a patent, and am in the process of building a prototype.

This lock is provably bump-proof. It is extremely pick resistance (perhaps even Bowley lock difficult). I do not believe any impressioning will be possible. It is highly resistant to force because of inherently robust parts, and is designed to be made easily drill resistant with a single anti-drill pin.

Please assume for a minute that all of the above is true: this is a bump-proof, virtually pick proof, robust deadbolt at roughly Home Depot Kwikset/Schlage/Yale prices. Would it be commercially advantageous to have such a lock which also has a pretty conventional looking inexpensive key that can be easily copied on conventional key cutters? That is, does it make sense to market a lock with superior security, but an easily and cheaply copied key?
PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself