FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Members Say Hi

<<

ratlock

Familiar Face

Post Mon May 01, 2017 10:48 am

Re: Members Say Hi

Hi@ ChancoNOLLAVES.
<<

Deforest Diamond

Post Fri May 12, 2017 9:56 am

Hello , nice to be a member of this forum. Was looking around to find like-minded people interested in picking for fun. I have been picking padlocks for a while now but now I've moved o trying my hand on 6 pin mortise locks. I came across some old Sargent mortises and turned them into practice locks. I made my first challenge lock yesterday and am now trying to pick it. I may have over reached my skill level. Interested in hearing from others and will post something soon. Have a great day.
<<

Spannermagnet

Post Sun May 14, 2017 2:51 pm

Hi all, new member here graham from the uk
<<

Emile Zola

Post Sun Jun 04, 2017 7:29 pm

Thank you for accepting me in to yoyr group.
I am EMILE ZOLA,
I haved owned over 40 diebold
Security Containers and a lot of assorted Doors, file safes, aquired from all branches of the Government of the United States. in my
Line of work before i retired.

I was a sucker for buying and moving, the heaviest and hardest to move Safes, and other items.
I was Blessed with a Son that
Was Very bright and thoughtful
Who could work out moving problems with the least amount of Eqiuiptment.
We once Brought 9 Sec. Containers 890 lbs. Each.
From the 9 floor of the FBI OFFICE
IN SAN ANTONIO, TX.
WITH JUST a nylon wedge and four plastic rods to roll them.

Thanks again for the Great Site.
Much appreciated EMILE ZOLA
<<

frosty901

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:07 am

Hello everyone! New member here from the U.S.
Glad to be a part of this group.
I've been browsing the board for weeks, just finally decided to register and stop lurking, lol.
<<

ratlock

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jun 06, 2017 8:35 am

Hi from Scotland guys.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Jun 17, 2017 10:35 pm

Welcome, welcome, welcome!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Scope

Post Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:16 am

Hello, I've lurked for quite some time now, thought I'd say hi to everyone.
<<

madsamurai

Post Wed Aug 09, 2017 7:10 pm

Hey everybody... Been away and working a lot and just wanted to say hey, I haven't forgotten my favorite bunch of pickers and crackers ;) hopefully things are settling down and I can be more involved again soon. I've got about three pages of posts to catch up on, and by god I've GOT to start picking regularly again... went a good while without picking while I was learning about impressioning and manipulation and lever locks, and when I tried picking my favorite padlocks last week while I was stuck in a hotel with nothing else to do I quickly discovered how those skills disappear when you're not keeping them honed -- I could barely pick anything at all, and they were all locks I had picked dozens of times! It's all slowly coming back, but I've had to roll way back to my easy locks again. So I'm a little humbled by that, but at the same time it gave me a little better perspective on how much I had improved before I slacked off.
Anyway, just wanted to let you all know I'm back, and I missed it here... and don't be surprised if I reply to a bunch of posts from a month ago :)
Cheers,
Chad
<<

kidtahimik

Post Fri Aug 11, 2017 10:55 am

Hi everyone! I'm Tony from L.A. 2 things got me hooked on opening locks. 1 - successfully opening a lock box that the construction guys forgot at my house and 2 - discovering a floor safe under my bedroom carpet. :safedial: I'll be posting about this next.
<<

Bilcor

Post Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:43 am

Hello to everyone from York, SC. I am here to maybe get a Mortise Lock identified that we have on a building that we purchased recently. The building is one of the Bunker Microwave Tower Sites built by the Bell System in the 50's and 60's during the cold war era. I will post the info and photos on a separate new post. Thanks for the acceptance on this site.posting.php?mode=reply&f=7&t=1067#
<<

Ray D

Post Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:11 pm

Hello All, My name is Ray D. I am new and was trying to figure out how to post. I hope I now I have it right now :) I live in Killeen Texas and have been a fan of picking locks for years. I used to be pretty good at manual lock picking and am very rusty but I still will pick up a lock at a tag sale and try to open it. I am retired now and am doing nothing but playing with my hobbies. I enjoy playing with locks, coin and rock collecting, electronics, electrical, wood working and am almost done with my first CNC Router build. I also have started to research working on safes as a hobby, I have four of them. All were broke when I purchased them and all work now. I keep my personal documents and my coins I collected from around the world in them. The coins most likely have little value but are good souvenirs of places I have been. I look forward to reading and learning a lot, but most of all having a good time.
<<

slothrake

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:11 pm

Hello. From Norway. Recent graduate with a masters in societal security (safety/security management). Got hooked on lockpicking after stumbling across Bosninabill's channel. Interested in picking because i'll probably be doing physical security career wise and you know, it's fun.
<<

74TR6

Post Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 pm

Greetings from Arkansas. Glad to be here and should have joined before now. I have lurked around for a long time and finally decided to join; have been impressed with the forum

Guess I am a hobbyist + type. I got hooked on old safes about 35 years ago and have expanded the hobby over the years. I retired from public school teaching (math/science) in '11 after forty years in classroom. No locksmith or safe tech in our county so there was an opportunity; my hobby expanded into a part time job. I also do a bit basic locksmith work. The safe challenges are the best; I have had some interesting experiences. Sitting in the floor trying of a local bank to open a National screw door safe was good; the comments and looks of the customers entering and leaving the bank was wonderful. Yes, safe is now open

Retiring after 40 years, I am in the senior citizen class. Other hobbies include old car collecting and restoration; woodworking; and home machinist.

Currently WM McNeil Lodge #440, also member Mt Moriah Lodge #18

Paul
<<

Oldfast

Post Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:59 pm

Bilcor, Ray, Slothrake, and Paul... a big welcome to you folks.

You've come to an AMAZING place to both learn what you need & share what you know.

Some years ago, and even still today, some might view a forum like this as just a fun place
that's filled with enthusiastic hobbyists and a few professionals. Well, lol, it is. But lemme
tell ya... there is real talent around here. I'm talkin' world class talent that could rival
some of the veterans in the industry. People around here never cease to amaze me. Enjoy!
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
PreviousNext

Return to Introduce Yourself