FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Checking in for first time

<<

backatseaagain

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:02 am

Checking in for first time

Hello all you good people,

Making an appearance for the first time so here to say G'day.

Names mark, from the uk but living in west Australia for last seven years in a quiet little town, home to about 40 people.
I work offshore driving dive/rov boats, which is where I am right at this moment in time though get off in two days.

Picking is a hobby that started for me just a few months back after locking myself out the house after taking a shower in an outside bathroom which incidentally I was locked out of also. This meant a rather chilly walk through my little town with out even a towel to get some tools from a mate to break in. Almost managed that in stealth mode apart from one slightly disturbed old lady who will probably never be the same again !

Got a lotto learn with picking but very patient, very addicted and when driving the boat got a plenty of time to practice. Came offshore this time with 8kg of padlocks in my bag, one vice, shampoo, toothpaste, a guitar and what I was wearing cause that was all my baggage allowance would allow ( 10kg helicopter allowance ).

Other hobbies, flying rc petrol helicopters and making moonshine.

Happy to be apart of your world and look forward to talking to some of you in the not too distant future, oh all right what that means is I will be seeking advice and help before too long.
<<

HT4

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:51 am

Re: Checking in for first time

Welcome to the board... I'm a new member myself and have found lots of great folks here with good information to share. Good luck with your new hobby.

PS-ditch the padlocks... try some KIK cylinders to get more locks in your weight limit. You may even find room for some clean underwear next trip. :ugeek:
Check out my "LockPickingLawyer" YouTube channel:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCm9K6rby98W8JigLoZOh6FQ/videos
<<

backatseaagain

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:52 am

Yes I've got a few KIK with me but I've done all but one. Still got a sparrows progression with the two spools and three normal pins to have a go at. Meant to bring my medeco rekeyable one with me but forgot it in my haste to make the plane.
Will take that ne next time and a shed load of pins n springs.
Pad locks are a bit heavy especially some of the assa abloy types, which in all honesty are well above my abilities at the moment but I do like to have a little play.

Soon they will all throw their hands in the air and yield !
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:53 am

Welcome to the forum.

HT4 wrote:PS-ditch the padlocks... try some KIK cylinders to get more locks in your weight limit. You may even find room for some clean underwear next trip. :ugeek:

I lol'd.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:18 pm

Welcome Mark. I'm Mike. Great to meet ya & glad you're here :)
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."

Return to Introduce Yourself