FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hello

<<

rodneybu0

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:41 pm

Hello

Hi my name is Bryan and have been a locksmith in the UK for about 25 years, not allowed to tell you where I currently work but work with locks :safedial: all the time.

Bryan
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:47 pm

Re: Hello

Welcome to Keypicking Bryan, you will find a good mix of hobbyist and Locksmiths here, enjoy your stay and stop by the chat sometime and say Hi.
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

muddassarusa

Familiar Face

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:12 pm

Welcome Bryan to over community we all share our experience here hope you will enjoy here there are experts,hobbyist and newbies come stop by .Thanks for joining.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:04 pm

A big welcome to you Bryan & good to meet ya. I'm Mike. VERY glad you're here.

This is a truly wonderful place. I'm so appreciative of all the friends I've made and
all the help I've received. There's absolutely no way in hell I would be enjoying this
wonderful world of locks as I do, if not for this site and all the talented people here!!

Looking forward to seeing you around.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

Deadlock

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:51 am

Hiya Bryan, always good to see another Brit.

Do you work in one of those places where they (politely) investigate your close family by blood or marriage before they let you work there? :smile:
<<

rodneybu0

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:05 am

All I can say about where I work is that it is on a need to know basis and yes they investigate your family , you have to have referees and they check out your finances
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:43 am

rodneybu0 wrote:All I can say about where I work is that it is on a need to know basis and yes they investigate your family , you have to have referees and they check out your finances

I work at a place like that myself ;)
(17:44:28) HAL 9000 Sez: LockSport is full of children who throw fits because low priced low security products sold in discount department stores do not meet their arbitrary expectations.
<<

rodneybu0

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 10:47 am

Anarchy_won so you do any GSA work? ?
<<

Anarchy_won

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:11 am

I have rebuilt a GSA file safe ;) but I work in the private sector.
<<

rodneybu0

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:16 am

I work a lot with the UK equivalent
<<

Deadlock

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:52 pm

It's okay, I don't need to know any more :smile: .

When I saw the :safedial: , I was reminded of a guy I worked at the same place with in 1990-something. One day he told me he used to work for a locksmith. He said they would open safes at a certain M.O.D. place, now closed. Certainly sparked my interest. ''Oh yeah?! What, with a stethoscope an' that?'' (You can tell how much I knew about it.) ''Oh no. We just used to drill 'em. We had a template to put over the lock.'' ''Oh.'' *loses interest*

That sounds bad, but at the time I thought it was like a locksmith drilling a lock. Now I know that this is actually a legit, and repairable, way of opening a safe. Probably in the paid-by-the-hour world, the only way. Is that how you'd do it?
<<

rodneybu0

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Fri Jun 05, 2015 6:03 pm

We do drill if we need to get in straight away , but it is normally the last option as we have auto -diallers . It is a myth that you strap the dialler on and it will always open , sometimes we have had to drill even after being on the dialler for a week, they also can wear the lock out .

Return to Introduce Yourself