FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Greets from Vienna by SpuTniC

<<

SpuTniC

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:08 am

Greets from Vienna by SpuTniC

hi there im from austria more exactly from vienna 27 years young and an enthusiastic lockpicker

im into lockpicking since a few days - got a pickset a few years ago but lost it now i got myself a sparrows wizwazzle set and 2 abuses and 1 master for training - all of them where opened 3 days after the set arrived ^^

abus titalium 64TI/50 - 5 pins some serrated

abus E50 - 5 pin euro zylinder only felt 3 spools

master excell - 4 pins was the hardest one because of the small keyway

i got some probs with serrated pins but not to much

the next purchases will be the ultimate challenge lock, dimple picks and disc detainer pick/s and of course a dremel tool for lock modding

if youre also from vienna or want to trade locks for challenges feel free to contact me via pm

i hope thats enough for you guys

thx and have a nice day

yours

SpuTniC
<<

mercurial

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:28 am

Re: Greets from Vienna by SpuTniC

Hi & welcome to the forum, it is a fantastic community & you can learn a lot here!

You are off to a great start & doing very well, it often takes people much longer to be able to pick an Abus cylinder with spools.

It seems that you are very keen to get into picking all different lock mechanisms, that gives you heaps of stuff to spend your time on, but once you've made progress with those, have you considered learning combination locks as well? I find it to be as fascinating and rewarding as picking and impressioning. If you are unfamiliar with manipulation, you can check out the Safes, Strongboxes & Combination Locks section.

Enjoy yourself here!

...Mark
<<

escapenrv

Familiar Face

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:35 am

Welcome. You sure live in a beautiful city! I would like to just sit down by the river and work at picking a padlock or two.

Hope you enjoy this site...there are a lot of helpful people here who have a lot of knowledge they will share.
Best of luck as you progress in this hobby.....
Steve
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Fri Apr 24, 2015 4:26 pm

A big welcome to you sir. Glad you're here!

I'd agree with Mark... you seem to be off to a very quick progression. Nice!

It's great that you're experimenting with a variety of locks from the get go.
I've been at it for some years now and still have not really got into picking
dimple, lever, or disc detainer locks. But I guess that's one of the things I
really love about this hobby... SO many facets to choose from.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

SpuTniC

Post Sun Apr 26, 2015 1:41 am

yeah about my picking skills - im a learned car body worker also painter - thats a job that will develop a major feel at your fingertips - to feel dust particles on a car to polish it out needs much practice and helps also to detect the slightest moves/clicks on a lock

and also a bit of opening cars because thats also part of the job of an car body worker at least at the company i have learned at remove locks with broken keys or crashed doors that dont work anymore but we didnt pick them we get inside a working door and dissambled the broken door from the inside and unlocked it that way sometimes thru the outside of the window seal like you see in the movies but that doesnt work on all cars

im into learning pin tumpler dimple and wafer because i wanna participate in the championchips this year here in austria and combination locks arent that hard in my opinion - opened my comb bicyle lock when i was 10 years old without a how to or anything like that just exploited the working mechanism

the next step is to get a cam to make youtube vids because i will mostly buy/get locks that i havent seen on youtube got already a lehmann drawer lock only 4 "pins" (wafer) but evil as hell

Return to Introduce Yourself