FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Locksport from Seattle

<<

Dune

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:32 pm

Locksport from Seattle

Ok, I am finally getting around to this post. Sorry it has taken me so long but there ya go. I have been known as Dune online for quite a long time and that is what most people call me. I run the locksport group
here in Seattle and have been a lurker on here for oh, too long to count. Taught myself picking many years ago from a book and made some picks from a xerox page of same book. Have been
involved in infosec and that sort of thing for many years both as a "hobby" and professionally. I have been interested in locks for as long as I can remember. When I was a child I had a set of plastic and
metal keys that I just referred to as my "keys". I always wanted them to open all the doors I would see. One day I found I could bypass the privacy lock on my bedroom door and well.....that was how it begins.
Back in the 90's I took a mailorder locksmith course and was really quite pleased by the content. From there I just kept picking like a lot of other people.

When I came back to Seattle a couple years ago I didn't know too many people and thought it would be cool to see if any locksport groups were here. There was one but it had not met for some time. I contacted the person who started that group and he asked me if I would take it over and silly me I said yes. We meet at Ada's technical books on the 1st Tuesday of every month at 7:00. If anyone is interested.

Anyway, greetings all and I am glad to be here.

Dune
Last edited by Dune on Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

mastersmith

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Mar 24, 2015 10:36 pm

Re: Locksport from Seattle

Welcome Dune! Sounds like you've had the "bug" for some time. This is a place of vast knowledge, a lot can be learned here! I am Mark (there are many of those here. Lol!), again Welcome!
"All ye who come this art to see / to handle anything must cautious be...." Benjamin Franklin

Return to Introduce Yourself