FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Hello everyone!

<<

LockButcher

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:26 pm

Hello everyone!

Hi everybody. I am really excited to be part of this community! I am Jeff AKA LockButcher. I got into locksport back in December of '14. I started picking locks to keep my hands busy to while trying to quit smoking. It did not help. HAHA! If anything it made me what to smoke more when I was dealing with a tough lock. But I am so glad I scratched the surface of this amazing skill, no matter what the reason. Because, after doing so, I got sucked in and started digging deeper and deeper and now I'm here. Thanks to the AWESOME community on YouTube sharing huge wealths of knowledge; I have picked locks from No.3's to Americans with 5 serrated spools. My success is a testament to how great the teachers are on YouTube. And the best part is there is always more to learn. That is what I think makes this hobby so much fun. It's like a video game that you never can beat. You might beat a ton of levels but there is always a new exciting challenge right around the corner.

My first lock pick set was a cheapo amazon purchase and my first lock was a Masterlock no. 3. Now I have mostly Sparrows tools and have been very happy with them. I will definitely be posting about my collection since I have started.

I started out wanting to pick high security locks but got side tracked having great fun and success with antique/vintage locks. It is an awesome feeling when you open a lock that you know hasn't been opened for years and sometimes decades.

Now for the shameless self plug.....I have started my own YouTube channel sharing what I have learned from my experiences with all the locks I've been lucky enough to get my hands on. The channel is LockButcherShop if you ever want to check it out. I actually got my nickname from my first video. I wanted to mill open a lock to gut it and things got really messy. Lol. Everyone kept saying, "Geez! You butchered that lock!" and the Lock Butcher was born.

Well I'm going to get back to checking out threads. In closing I just want to say thanks to everyone on YouTube that helped me learn about this stuff. And thanks to the guy who told me about this forum especially. And I can't wait to learn more and hopefully some of my offerings can help someone figure something out they are having trouble with someday.
Last edited by LockButcher on Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:29 pm

Re: Hello everyone!

Welcome to the community, you will find a wealth of information here. The search function is your friend, there is an endless amount of info here. Look around, talk to people and a have a good time.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

JamesOzment1

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:33 pm

Welcome to KeyPicking !
I am positive you will find yourself right at home here. There are alot of great folks here and most are readily willing to help.

Don't forget keypicking isn't just a forum for picking locks. Think of it as training to be the ultimate badass! There are many sections of threads here. have fun and enjoy!
<<

jharveee

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:36 pm

Welcome aboard.
<<

Oldfast

OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer
OldddffAASSTT the Spin Master Extraordinaire and American Lock Slayer

Post Sat Feb 14, 2015 9:48 pm

Good evening Jeff. Welcome. I'm Mike.

Grabbed a ticket to your show and look forward to seein' ya around here.
Smokin' is as ass-fuck to tryn' quit. Good luck to ya! I'm in the same boat.
There's a vaping thread here if you consider that as an option to help quit.
" Enjoy the journey AS MUCH as the destination."
<<

LockButcher

Familiar Face

Post Sat Feb 14, 2015 10:19 pm

Oldfast,

That's actually what got me off of those things. I haven't had a real cigarette since Jan. 1 but have been vaping like crazy. I will have to check out that thread. Thanks!
<<

WolfSpring

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:13 am

Welcome to the forum you are starting out right, remember there is a chat room as well come join us in there, if you can tolerate the crazies :P .
http://www.youtube.com/wolfspring

What you call intelligence, I call common sense.
<<

Doogs

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:30 am

Sounds like you will fit right in here Butcher and I look forward to checking out your channel as like every other nutjob in here i can never get enough lockiness.

Also be sure to post in the collections forums and anywhere else that piques your interest. I look forward to seeing you around and yes def stop by the chat as it can be a blast if just a little ( :cool: read that as lot) off the wall at times.
The other, other, other, other Mike

(21:55:20) HAL 9001RC:: Heh heh uh heh uh heh uh uh heh PhoneMan said ass
<<

jeffmoss26

Sargent Mossberg
Sargent Mossberg

Post Sun Feb 15, 2015 1:48 pm

Uh oh, another Jeff :)
Welcome aboard, join us in the chat sometime! I'll be checking out your youtube channel.
femurat: They're called restricted for a reason...
Innerpicked: The more keys you carry, the more important you look
GWiens2001: Great video! Learned a lot about what fun can be had with a forklift and a chainsaw.
pmaxey83: but i first have to submit the proper forms for a new hobby to my wife
<<

Papa Gleb

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Feb 16, 2015 9:59 am

HAhaha hey buddy, welcome.

Gents, I found Jeff's youtube channel (very interesting stuff) and we have been speaking ever since. Great guy so I had to bring him here.

Return to Introduce Yourself