FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

My AR15

<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:16 pm

My AR15

A picture of my almost complete AR15. the lower is one machined at a local gun shop, nothing special. The upper is a 16" DPMS 5.56x45mm flat top with a railed gas block.

Im waiting on my Yankee Hill Machine front and rear folding iron sights, my reflex sight should arrive Monday.

It has a Magpul angled foregrip mounted and rail covers on the fore and aft rails currently not being used.

I also plan on removing the A2 Birdcage compensator and replacing it with a QD suppressor capable one.

I maybe have 600 invested so far. Now I'm waiting on 1000 rounds of XM855 Steel Core Penetrator rounds and 1000 PMC FMJ target ammo to arrive Wednesday.

I have a couple of the Magpul polymer PMAGS, and I have around 25 standard aluminum mags that I installed self leveling followers into.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
See those kids standing by the lake...drop some napalm and watch them bake.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:18 pm

Re: My AR15

Lookin' cool. Let me know how that Magpul foregrip works out.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:21 pm

So far I like it. It's more comfortable than holding the rail itself and having it further out gives a lot more control for follow on shots. compared to a vertical grip or gripping the mag well. At least I think so. More stable in the shoulder.
Naaapaalm...sticks to kids...it sticks to the belly and it sticks to the ribs...
<<

Russ

Post Sat Oct 27, 2012 11:39 pm

Very nice
I just got a Windham ar15
Took it out today shoots really nice
I like the Magpul mags I got 3 30 round
keep us updated
. Automotive Locksmith
Facts only No BS
Tale the Truth and nothing but the Truth
<<

s1deshowmick

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:47 am

Super sexy!!! I love the AR15's
If you can't be good, Be good at it.

http://au.youtube.com/S1DESHOWMICK
<<

nozza36

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:29 am

Awww , you guys get all the best toys !
I'd have to do 5 years max security if i got caught with something like that.
Open Sez Me !
<<

MixedMotives

Familiar Face

Post Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:59 pm

chris wrote:A picture of my almost complete AR15. the lower is one machined at a local gun shop, nothing special. The upper is a 16" DPMS 5.56x45mm flat top with a railed gas block.

Im waiting on my Yankee Hill Machine front and rear folding iron sights, my reflex sight should arrive Monday.

It has a Magpul angled foregrip mounted and rail covers on the fore and aft rails currently not being used.

I also plan on removing the A2 Birdcage compensator and replacing it with a QD suppressor capable one.

I maybe have 600 invested so far. Now I'm waiting on 1000 rounds of XM855 Steel Core Penetrator rounds and 1000 PMC FMJ target ammo to arrive Wednesday.

I have a couple of the Magpul polymer PMAGS, and I have around 25 standard aluminum mags that I installed self leveling followers into.

Nice to know their is others on here with BRD, i see you have a bullet botton thought those were needed in cali only
Spikes Tactical Zombie killer with everything magpul
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
<<

rai

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:27 am

Chris,
I got lost on the 'railed' gas block, I know the common ar has a tube that carries the gas to the bolt and other versions are available with the piston driven rod similiar to the M14 I learned to shoot in 1967
I know that the gas block is what once was the high front iron sight on the m16a1 I carried in the old days, but railed, do you mean the it has some picatinny slots on it?
or is it somehow attached to a picatinny rail?
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:58 pm

MixedMotives wrote:Nice to know their is others on here with BRD, i see you have a bullet botton thought those were needed in cali only
Spikes Tactical Zombie killer with everything magpul

It's not a bullet button, I think it's just the way the picture turned out. Nice set up. I just added a holographic reflex sight to mine. When I have money to burn, I'll be picking up a Daniel Defense 16" DDM4, with an additional Novesky 10.5" upper.

rai wrote:Chris,
I got lost on the 'railed' gas block, I know the common ar has a tube that carries the gas to the bolt and other versions are available with the piston driven rod similiar to the M14 I learned to shoot in 1967
I know that the gas block is what once was the high front iron sight on the m16a1 I carried in the old days, but railed, do you mean the it has some picatinny slots on it?
or is it somehow attached to a picatinny rail?

Rai,

Instead of the A2 front sight post it is a low profile gas block with picatinny rails on it. Gives you the option of throwing a folding sight on the gas block or on the main rail.
<<

MixedMotives

Familiar Face

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 7:40 pm

chris wrote:
It's not a bullet button, I think it's just the way the picture turned out. Nice set up. I just added a holographic reflex sight to mine. When I have money to burn, I'll be picking up a Daniel Defense 16" DDM4, with an additional Novesky 10.5" upper.

yeah i just got the cheap vortex on it right now gonna get me an aimpoint compM4, wish i could get me a 10.5 but communist California wont go for that anything less then 16" is evil
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:50 pm

Eventually I want a Specter Gunsight on my finished AR. lever activated 1x-4x, all internal glass. They aren't cheap though. I spent 5 years in California while in the Marines, I have no wish to return.
<<

chris

Contributor
Contributor

Post Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:47 pm

Added the little reflex sight, got a magazine caliper so I can keep two on my weapon while it's sitting in the house. Tomorrow I will be removing the buttstock and buffer tube so I can attach a sling adapter base. Then it's just a wait for my back up iron sights.

Return to Full Metal Jacket Required