FAQ  •  My feedback  •  Feedback
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Newest addition to the family

<<

Aedalas

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 543

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:06 am

Location: Cleveland, Oh

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 9:36 pm

Newest addition to the family

Laugh if you want, these may be cheap but I've had the 9mm for awhile now and it's reliable as hell. On the crazy off-chance that one does break the warranty is hands down the best there is. That being said, introducing the bigger bother:

The Boys.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

nozza36

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 745

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 12:48 am

Location: Birmingham , England

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:46 pm

Re: Newest addition to the family

Looks amazing , wish i could play with that stuff .
Uk law is a nuisance as guns are banned but criminals all seem to have them ! I would like to take a sort of beginners class to familiarise myself with side arms
if i ever get to the states , would love to do that here , but i don't think customs would be too pleased with me picking up a practice piece and ammo !
Open Sez Me !
<<

Aedalas

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 543

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:06 am

Location: Cleveland, Oh

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:24 pm

Re: Newest addition to the family

nozza36 wrote:Looks amazing
You know the UK is bad when you start hearing people say a Hi-Point looks amazing :D
nozza36 wrote:Uk law is a nuisance as guns are banned but criminals all seem to have them !
Age old argument there buddy. I feel real sorry for you guys. I can see why lawmakers would try that approach, but I don't understand why they don't repeal it when it's proven to not work.
nozza36 wrote: I would like to take a sort of beginners class to familiarise myself with side arms
if i ever get to the states , would love to do that here , but i don't think customs would be too pleased with me picking up a practice piece and ammo !
That's the beauty of HP's, I paid 170 bucks for the .45, if it gets taken from you, you aren't out a whole lot of money! :P
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

nozza36

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 745

Joined: Fri May 02, 2008 12:48 am

Location: Birmingham , England

Post Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:49 pm

Re: Newest addition to the family

Minimum 2 years prison for possession of a handgun in the UK , if i had a lathe i would probably try to make my own saturday night special ! :soldier:
Open Sez Me !
<<

Arctor

User avatar

Familiar Face

Posts: 51

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Location: Florida

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:48 am

Re: Newest addition to the family

Aedalas wrote:Age old argument there buddy. I feel real sorry for you guys. I can see why lawmakers would try that approach, but I don't understand why they don't repeal it when it's proven to not work.


Not sure how accurate this is but most site seem to have similar statistics.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compare/194/number_of_gun_homicides/192


Not against owning a gun btw, I just think we need stronger regulations... as in not being able to purchase guns at a gun show without a background check etc.
Last edited by Arctor on Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

mdc5150

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 1008

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:35 am

Location: Arizona

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:50 am

Re: Newest addition to the family

I don't know much about High Points. I used to have a Sig Sauer P220 .45 cal and I loved that gun. I'd still have it if it weren't for needing money and having nothing left to sell. Damn kid eats like 3 times a day so I had to sell it.

Now I could never afford to get one again.
<<

mdc5150

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 1008

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:35 am

Location: Arizona

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 12:54 am

Re: Newest addition to the family

Arctor wrote:
Aedalas wrote:Age old argument there buddy. I feel real sorry for you guys. I can see why lawmakers would try that approach, but I don't understand why they don't repeal it when it's proven to not work.


Not sure how accurate this is but most site seem to be similar statistics.

http://www.gunpolicy.org/firearms/compare/194/number_of_gun_homicides/192


Not against owning a gun btw, I just think we need stronger regulations... as in not being able to purchase guns at a gun show without a background check etc.


For one thing I do not believe for one second that the UK has only had 18 gun related homicides. For another thing does this remove legal homicide from the equation or is that also in the numbers? I'd also be curious to know how many edge weapons were used in the UK to commit homicides. But in general this is how I feel about statistics.

<<

Arctor

User avatar

Familiar Face

Posts: 51

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Location: Florida

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:05 am

Re: Newest addition to the family

mdchurchill wrote:
For one thing I do not believe for one second that the UK has only had 18 gun related homicides. For another thing does this remove legal homicide from the equation or is that also in the numbers? I'd also be curious to know how many edge weapons were used in the UK to commit homicides. But in general this is how I feel about statistics.



Well its different each year... as you can see in this article http://www.juancole.com/2011/01/over-9000-murders-by-gun-in-us-39-in-uk.html

Not sure what you mean by legal homicide... but if it does then the number would be much higher in the US just the same.

I am sure the US has comparable knife crimes, so that point is completely irrelevant.
<<

mdc5150

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 1008

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 4:35 am

Location: Arizona

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:05 am

Re: Newest addition to the family

Arctor wrote:
mdchurchill wrote:
For one thing I do not believe for one second that the UK has only had 18 gun related homicides. For another thing does this remove legal homicide from the equation or is that also in the numbers? I'd also be curious to know how many edge weapons were used in the UK to commit homicides. But in general this is how I feel about statistics.



Well its different each year... as you can see in this article http://www.juancole.com/2011/01/over-9000-murders-by-gun-in-us-39-in-uk.html

Not sure what you mean by legal homicide... but if it does then the number would be much higher in the US just the same.

I am sure the US has comparable knife crimes, so that point is completely irrelevant.


Legal homicide is the legal killing of another human being. For instance someone breaks into your home and you shoot and kill them that is a legal homicide.

The point about edge weapons is not irrelevant. It takes into account that the absence of firearms does not make for a more peaceful society. In fact if you go back in the FBI crime statistics since the majority of states started allowing concealed carrying violent crimes in those states have gone down.
<<

Aedalas

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 543

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:06 am

Location: Cleveland, Oh

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:07 am

Re: Newest addition to the family

mdchurchill wrote:Now I could never afford to get one again.

Trust me, Hi-Points are are like the definition of affordable. I got taken by a gun shop on my 9mm and paid 199 plus tax. The .45 was 180 plus tax.

Or buy used, with the warranty on these things you could find one that spent the last 5 years at the bottom of the ocean and they would fix it for free. By most accounts they would throw in a free magazine for your troubles.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

Russ

User avatar

Active Member

Posts: 357

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 2:39 am

Location: Arizona

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:24 am

Re: Newest addition to the family

I have the 995 its been a good gun never had a problem I put scope and tri pod on it
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
. Automotive Locksmith
Facts only No BS
Tale the Truth and nothing but the Truth
<<

Aedalas

User avatar

Contributor
Contributor

Posts: 543

Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:06 am

Location: Cleveland, Oh

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:28 am

Re: Newest addition to the family

Their carbines look pretty nice. I'm sure I'm going to end up with one (or all) of them soon enough. Honestly this time I could have afforded to spend a good bit more on one but I just really like these, they definitely have a customer for life here.
"What if you people made giant boulders illegal because of all the innocent people who get killed by giant boulders?"
"People dont kill people with giant boulders"
"They will if you take away their assault rifles"
<<

Russ

User avatar

Active Member

Posts: 357

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 2:39 am

Location: Arizona

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Newest addition to the family

Aedalas wrote:Their carbines look pretty nice. I'm sure I'm going to end up with one (or all) of them soon enough. Honestly this time I could have afforded to spend a good bit more on one but I just really like these, they definitely have a customer for life here.


Same here my friend shot mine and went and got one when we got back to town
its one of my funnest guns to shoot
for $239.00 on sale couldn't beet it there was a guy I met at the gun store said he has 3 and getting 2 more
I have never had a jam or any problems
I had the .45 handgun but gave it to my son
he wanted my Glock or the Ruger sr9
. Automotive Locksmith
Facts only No BS
Tale the Truth and nothing but the Truth
<<

Arctor

User avatar

Familiar Face

Posts: 51

Joined: Wed May 23, 2012 9:24 pm

Location: Florida

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:35 am

Re: Newest addition to the family

mdchurchill wrote:
The point about edge weapons is not irrelevant. It takes into account that the absence of firearms does not make for a more peaceful society. In fact if you go back in the FBI crime statistics since the majority of states started allowing concealed carrying violent crimes in those states have gone down.


When discussing gun homicides it is irrelevant... it wouldn't be if the lack of guns made murder by edged weapon scale up to compensate, but that is not the case. The only point in mentioning it is to distract from the fact that murder by guns is dramatically lower when they are not legal.

Just imagine if we had no gun regulations and anyone with a criminal/mental background could purchase one from Wal-mart... do you think gun crimes would go up or stay the same?

Once again... not against guns being legal.
<<

Russ

User avatar

Active Member

Posts: 357

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 2:39 am

Location: Arizona

Post Sat Aug 04, 2012 2:46 am

Re: Newest addition to the family

Arctor wrote:
mdchurchill wrote:
The point about edge weapons is not irrelevant. It takes into account that the absence of firearms does not make for a more peaceful society. In fact if you go back in the FBI crime statistics since the majority of states started allowing concealed carrying violent crimes in those states have gone down.


When discussing gun homicides it is irrelevant... it wouldn't be if the lack of guns made murder by edged weapon scale up to compensate, but that is not the case. The only point in mentioning it is to distract from the fact that murder by guns is dramatically lower when they are not legal.

Just imagine if we had no gun regulations and anyone with a criminal/mental background could purchase one from Wal-mart... do you think gun crimes would go up or stay the same?

Once again... not against guns being legal.


? would you protect you're family with a gun if trained to use it
there is laws that keep people from getting guns
but the criminal dose not care how they get it
I carry a hand gun everyday and wouldn't leave home with out it and keep one under my pillow
I have gone to classes to defend my self with a gun
and have a concealed carry permit
there is people out there that drive drunk and kill people
but we dont have anti car laws
and how many times have you heard about someone haveing 2 or more dui's
this is the USA we are not some country of a dictator to tale us what we can and cant have
we are a country that everyone trys to get into
. Automotive Locksmith
Facts only No BS
Tale the Truth and nothing but the Truth
Next

Return to Full Metal Jacket Required

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot]

Don't forget to visit our sponsors for all of your lockpicking needs!
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Grop
"CA Black" theme designed by stsoftware