FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Contingency plan for hiding our weapons

<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 5:08 pm

Contingency plan for hiding our weapons

Guys, I wanted to start a discussion about something that's been on my mind while I'm not feeling well enough to pick locks at this time.

Contingency plans for a possible time that everything will go to sh!t. I've done tons of reading on this subject...Some info is good...Some is complete paranoia crap. What I'm most concerned about is the scenerio that a "national emergency" may be declared. If this were to happen, actually it is likely. Hurricane Katrina comes to mind. Right after Katrina came through New Orleans (not far from here) the guard (the government) was making sweeps of PRIVATE residents and ILLEGALLY confiscating weapons. I know that this happened because I have close friends that are in the guard and were actively participating in such actions. Lets say for example we had a MAJOR outbreak of swine flu (mutated) here in the states. Which is very plausable. Martial law would be declared by our "dear leader" in certain areas or maybe even nation wide. The constitution goes out the window during martial law. I have no doubt from research and speaking to people that sweeps of private residents would be instituted to confiscate weapons. I'll be damned if I'm going to be left defenseless. What would you do? What is the best way to hide weapons? Bury them somewhere? How would you "wrap" your weapons to protect them from the elements if you did bury them? I'm thinking if you do anything less than burying them they will be found. Any thoughts, input, suggestions would be appreciated. I'm trying to formulate a "just in case" plan of action. I already have an emergency kit for such things. Water purification tablets, fire starter equipment, ect. I do like in the bullseye zone for hurricanes lol. But I'm not sure what to do about my weapons. I know some of you are soldiers. Your input would be greatly appreciated as well. Thanks. Riff :mrgreen:
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:59 pm

Re: Contingency plan for hiding our weapons

Bullseye zone eh? Whereabouts around the Gulf do you live?

Oh and how's the new neck holding up?
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:03 am

I actually wouldn't bury them, I would hide them in the walls of the house. I saw my grandpa do it when I was younger. You need to be able to hide them, and get to them quickly at the same time. I hope it doesn't come down to this, but I think It will. I live in an area where I could live on the land, and my father and I have discussed what we would do if we should have to do it. We have a house in another part of the state, and we have can survive there rather easy.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:08 am

Before you get all wound up, read this forum: http://www.ssrsi.org/Onsite/cacheguns.htm

BY NO MEANS SHOULD YOU BURY A CACHE IN YOUR BACKYARD, unless your yard is the city dump, or you live in a mountainous rural area, or you have a cave nearby. If you live in a suburban area, you might want to take this advice from John De Armond:

"Joe Sixpack's not gonna fight the revolution from the 'burbs regardless of the number of guns and ammo he buries in his back yard. The last thing you will be permitted the luxury to do when the revolution starts is huddle up in your 'burban bunker and ride it out. If the government doesn't root you out, others will. I've never understood the survivalists' obsession with bunkering in. Too many Rambo and Mad Max movies, I guess. It has NEVER worked. The people who survive will be those who are mobile. Mobility and huge caches of materiel are mutually exclusive. I know that (God help me) if I am unfortunate enough to be anywhere near an urbanized area when the fighting starts, all I need is sufficient weaponry to get started. I'll simply take whatever else I need from the sheep. I suggest that anyone who is seriously interested in surviving and perhaps prospering in a guerrilla warfare environment would be well served to study Viet Cong tactics. They did quite a fine job against the same people and mentality as we would be fighting."

Personally, I'm not going to bury my shit in the backyard. I live in the 'burbs, so all they have to do is use ground imaging radar or a freaking metal detector on my property and the bells and whistles will go off.

<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:45 pm

elbowmacaroni wrote:Bullseye zone eh? Whereabouts around the Gulf do you live?

I live in southwest Louisiana. About 30 mins from the coast. My neck is doing well. I'm still having alot of pain from the surgery. It's still to early to tell how what I'm gonna "end up with". All this surgery bullshit is just is supost to make you better. But it doesnt always fix you. I lost my trust in doctors a long time ago. I'm staying positive, but at the same time I'm a realist.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:00 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:Before you get all wound up, read this forum: http://www.ssrsi.org/Onsite/cacheguns.htm

BY NO MEANS SHOULD YOU BURY A CACHE IN YOUR BACKYARD, unless your yard is the city dump, or you live in a mountainous rural area, or you have a cave nearby. If you live in a suburban area, you might want to take this advice from John De Armond:

"Joe Sixpack's not gonna fight the revolution from the 'burbs regardless of the number of guns and ammo he buries in his back yard. The last thing you will be permitted the luxury to do when the revolution starts is huddle up in your 'burban bunker and ride it out. If the government doesn't root you out, others will. I've never understood the survivalists' obsession with bunkering in. Too many Rambo and Mad Max movies, I guess. It has NEVER worked. The people who survive will be those who are mobile. Mobility and huge caches of materiel are mutually exclusive. I know that (God help me) if I am unfortunate enough to be anywhere near an urbanized area when the fighting starts, all I need is sufficient weaponry to get started. I'll simply take whatever else I need from the sheep. I suggest that anyone who is seriously interested in surviving and perhaps prospering in a guerrilla warfare environment would be well served to study Viet Cong tactics. They did quite a fine job against the same people and mentality as we would be fighting."

Personally, I'm not going to bury my Sh!t in the backyard. I live in the 'burbs, so all they have to do is use ground imaging radar or a freaking metal detector on my property and the bells and whistles will go off.

Hallis I guess John De Armond missed the whole WWII era eh? Where does he think the partisans got all the guns/ammo in the countries that resisted Nazi germany? The partisans in France come to mind. Resouces were pooled from all sorts of ways. But I'm not looking to fight a war anyway. I just want to keep my weapons safe so I can keep my own ass safe if everything goes to shit. It can happen too. It did happen in New Orleans. Those people were on their own for days. Also, you know I live close to there. We were on our own here as well. Althought here it wasnt as big of a crisis here as it was in New orleans because of New orleans population density. I agree that riding it out is the best option. But I'd rather ride it out with weapons to protect myself with. If the military comes by my house and confiscates everything I'll be left defenseless.......I'm more worried about the guys who dont follow the rules....that will be out looting and such. sigh* guess I'll have to break out the basball bat.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:06 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:I actually wouldn't bury them, I would hide them in the walls of the house. I saw my grandpa do it when I was younger. You need to be able to hide them, and get to them quickly at the same time. I hope it doesn't come down to this, but I think It will. I live in an area where I could live on the land, and my father and I have discussed what we would do if we should have to do it. We have a house in another part of the state, and we have can survive there rather easy.

Interesting though. I have an uncle who has a fake wall. It's a good idea but I'm thinking that trained military people will be used to finding such walls. Also, you cant make it look so real that you cant get to them. Know what I mean? I just wonder how real you can make it look and still be able to get to them. I think burying them would be a bad idea since if you did a one foot hole around here it will be filled with water within an hour.
<<

Solomon

Prolific Poster

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:11 pm

You should learn to make a longbow from the bones and intestines of the fallen.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:38 pm

Solomon wrote:You should learn to make a longbow from the bones and intestines of the fallen.

Haha. I'll get right on that. I wonder if someone has how to video on youtube about that :shock: Seriously though. After Hurricane Rita came through in 05 we were without power, phone service, cell service for over a week. That one was the worst so far. There was a real concern about looters. You really cant rely on the police if they are overwellmed and/or there is no way to get in contact with them. I felt like a road warrior for a week lol....And as I stated earlier, during the whole Katrina fiasco weapons were being illegally conficated. I have close friends in the guard that were participating in the "sweeps". So I know it happened. Also, as crazy as it sounds my dad and a couple other guys went to New orleans with our flatbottom boat to help. They pulled quite a few people from their homes. I wanted to go with him to "do my part" but he said the boat was full. I called bullshit. My mom didnt want him to go at all. I think she probably threatened him with divorce if he brought me along lol....It was a very dangerous situation.
<<

elbowmacaroni

Site Owner

Post Mon Jan 11, 2010 9:17 pm

Riff wrote:
elbowmacaroni wrote:Bullseye zone eh? Whereabouts around the Gulf do you live?

I live in southwest Louisiana. About 30 mins from the coast. My neck is doing well. I'm still having alot of pain from the surgery. It's still to early to tell how what I'm gonna "end up with". All this surgery bullshit is just is supost to make you better. But it doesnt always fix you. I lost my trust in doctors a long time ago. I'm staying positive, but at the same time I'm a realist.

Being in FL, I understand the hurricane thing... 2004 was one insane year for storms in FL (For those who don't know, the year before the Katrina storm that Riff was mentioning.) I highly recommend against walking outside during a hurricane even if it's only a cat1. The rain drops are moving fast enough to go clean through denim and sting.

I hear ya on the only make you better but not necessarily fixed part... and the losing trust in doctors... It is very difficult to stay positive in the face of constant pain, and the diet of candies...ummm...pain killers... I have another nerve burning session coming up in a few weeks myself. If all goes well and one of the other areas doesn't start going to hell again, maybe I'll get a break from the RFAs for a while. Well, my carping aside, I hope yours continues to improve. With any luck maybe you'll have a future with minimal intervention, or preferably no need for any at all.

And I'm with Solomon on his thoughts:
Solomon wrote:You should learn to make a longbow from the bones and intestines of the fallen.
"Cave ab homine unius libri" - Beware of anyone who has just one book

(2014.02.09 - 23:26:03) huxleypig: i freaking love cream
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:11) huxleypig: hey, come on, cream is nice
(2014.02.09 - 23:27:37) huxleypig: aww, i suddenly feel very sick

(23:37:46) LocksmithArmy: you should see my school girl outfit
(23:37:50) LocksmithArmy: wait... what

(13:19:50) xeo: that chick will never be satisfied by a real dick
(13:19:54) NNFAK: I would man...

(22:59:49) PhoneMan: how do you let a forum die if users keep using it? kill the servers?

May those who love us, love us; and those who don't love us, may God turn their hearts; and if He doesn't turn their hearts, may he turn their ankles so we'll know them by their limping

If someone had prince albert in a can, does that mean they'd have a killer codpiece?

(00:52:02) WolfSpring: elbow could sell a sandbox to an egyptian
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:47 am

Riff wrote:
Haha. I'll get right on that. I wonder if someone has how to video on youtube about that :shock: Seriously though. After Hurricane Rita came through in 05 we were without power, phone service, cell service for over a week. That one was the worst so far. There was a real concern about looters. You really cant rely on the police if they are overwellmed and/or there is no way to get in contact with them. I felt like a road warrior for a week lol....And as I stated earlier, during the whole Katrina fiasco weapons were being illegally conficated. I have close friends in the guard that were participating in the "sweeps". So I know it happened. Also, as crazy as it sounds my dad and a couple other guys went to New orleans with our flatbottom boat to help. They pulled quite a few people from their homes. I wanted to go with him to "do my part" but he said the boat was full. I called bullshit. My mom didnt want him to go at all. I think she probably threatened him with divorce if he brought me along lol....It was a very dangerous situation.

I know...I remember seeing that on TV...all the bros looting WalMart...carrying off TV's, clothes, shopping carts full of stuff. The worse part was hearing about the cops that beat feet out of town, stealing new cars from the dealerships. Bad juju...

When Rita hit here a couple of years ago, I was on the verge of packing my shit in my truck and heading north on I-45...but I live less than 3/8 mile from the interstate...and when I saw the road - and they had converted the southbound lanes to accommodate traffic heading north...well I said fuck it.

Cars were literally moving maybe 10 ft an hour....they were running out of gas and being pushed to the side of the road. Some of the folks that live along the access roads were running water hoses to the freeway so people could drink water.....

I just turned around and hunkered down. Some of my neighbors and I got together and decided to stay put and just keep an eye out for each other.

A lot of .45's and and 870's were coming out of the closets and gun safes...

Now if you take that scenario and expand on it - What would we have done if the cops or NatGard decided to come in and haul your guns away?

Would you Rambo it out and get into a shoot out with the locals cops and Feds? Or would you decide to run and hide? If so, how would you get out if the roads were clogged - and there's no gas for miles - maybe hundreds of miles?

At lease with a hurricane you have time to prepare for it and leave. But what happens if the turds decide to set off a dirty bomb? Within a matter of minutes - people would freak out! Cash would be worthless - only 3 basic elements will get you through this - gold, silver, and ...lead.

You can't carry enough food, gas, ammo, weapons, com gear, to survive - without attracting the attention of the crooks. They will want your stuff.

I'm thinking it will boil down to this: (1) rifle - AR15 or Mini-14, (2) pistols - .45 and a .22, (1) multiband radio (ham radio that covers HF, VHF and UHF), a good personal EDC knife, compass, etc., some type of currency (gold, silver, etc.) - and a shit load of determination and luck.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:40 pm

I hope it don't come down to this, not saying my state is any better or worse place to live but, we don't have any real mass population areas like some of you guys do down there, we at least have a half chance to make it here, we have thousands of miles without people around that would make good places to hide out considering we could at least make it out of town. In most places here it is a short drive to the mountains where we could hunt for food and camp out to ride the storm, thats what I am banking on if it comes down to this. As far as the taking of guns, I say don't risk it, if something is going down, get out before it gets this bad, it's your only chance, if they take your weapon your dead.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:25 pm

Hallis if I remember correctly the eye of Rita passed about 10 miles of here. It was a rough ride. If shit went down I would go out to my parents house. About 5 miles from here. It's all service roads to their house. They live even furthur out in the sticks than I do. If things got even worse to where I think the house is no longer safe I'd head to the woods. Seriously. Then try and ride it out. NO I wouldnt go Rambo and fight it out. That would get me dead. My whole point of this thread was concealment. Keeping my firearms so I can protect myself/harvest game. Not fighting it out.

Elbowmacaroni, I have family that lives in Orlando. It's like either they're gettin it (hurricane) or we're gettin it over here lol..... Anyway PM me if you wish and we'll trade war stories about our pain issues. We might even learn something from our different experiences.
<<

skitzo

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:35 pm

not to burst any bubbles here. several movies comes to mind that have came out in recent... The Road, and The Book of Eli oh and The Postman. if this type of shit really occurred our community will have to band together and hopefully our military will know to follow the pledge they vowed when the enlisted. Militia's will need to band together like they did when this country was founded. the Banksters and the Puppet masters of the world will need to fear the People that fight for freedom and will not stop until the republic was restored. God save us all if it comes down to a Nuke attack as the major populated areas will be affected. if i can remember they been planning on depopulation since the 1800's in eugenics and other forms of population control via food shortages or any other commodities that can control our way of life. 80% of the worlds population will be destroyed by some form of injection/food control/virus/or any other way of killing people off. the Go Green campaign is a gimmick to say that people are the cause of global warming and not the sun and one more step into depopulation like china saying you should have only 1 kid anything more your killing the planet. or your making it harder for people to feed you.

its sad to say that our government is not here to help us but to control us and one way is paying off the farmers not to farm. as for right now weapons and hand combat is what we have on our sides if we lose our weapons hell we can make them ourselves. the government doesnt fear us it us that fear the government and that is where we went wrong we relied on foreign governments to control what we do here in the USA and now we went from being able to produce things for ourselves to being 5th in with the most deficit and one of the largest consumer countries ever created. this is the beginning of the end... just like Rome, and any other major democracy based country in the history of man kind.
<<

geardog32

Familiar Face

Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:05 pm

in these sweeps of private homes were they busting safes open?
Next

Return to Full Metal Jacket Required