FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

Gun prices

<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:14 pm

Gun prices

Ok, so I was talking to a friend the other day. He said that when he bought his glock the ppl that sold it to him told him that gun prices were going to rise to rediculous prices in 2010. For example a glock that cost 550 right now would cost 2000 dollars in 2010. Does anyone know of any real information about this? It may have just been the ppl selling him the gun blowing smoke up his ass. I've done a bit of searching to try and find any validity to this claim but havent found anything. It wouldnt surprise me if this administration tried to slip some legislation in under our noses. Basically, if they cant outlaw guns because of the constitution (like they care about that), they will just make them unavailable by raising prices through the roof.
<<

Gonewild

Familiar Face

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:26 pm

Re: Gun prices

From what i have heard from a friend that owns a pawn shop that sells guns, is they were using the Obama is going to ban guns as a ploy to sell more. Everyone thought guns would be banned and the prices would raise to ridiculous prices, so everyone went out and bought one.. good idea if you ask me ha ha
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach him to use the Net and he won't bother you for weeks.
<<

HallisChalmers

Lord Emeritus of Keypicking HallisChalmers

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:50 pm

Well, it's simple economics. The greater the demand - the higher the prices. There was/is a lot of panic buying of ammo, weapons, etc.

As long as people demand firearms and ammo - and are willing to pay high prices - speculators will cash in on everyone's panic.

If the mide-term and 2012 elections reduce the Democratic majority in the
Senate & House, the panic may subside, and prices drop to a reasonable rate.

Speaking of overly high costs - have you tried pricing an AK? Over a kilo-buck!
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 9:07 pm

HallisChalmers wrote:Well, it's simple economics. The greater the demand - the higher the prices. There was/is a lot of panic buying of ammo, weapons, etc.

As long as people demand firearms and ammo - and are willing to pay high prices - speculators will cash in on everyone's panic.

If the mide-term and 2012 elections reduce the Democratic majority in the
Senate & House, the panic may subside, and prices drop to a reasonable rate.

Speaking of overly high costs - have you tried pricing an AK? Over a kilo-buck!

No WAY! Even for a Romanian made one???? Man that's rediculous. Glad I did my shoping early.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:02 pm

Well your going to hate me for this!! I think 550 is way too much for a Glock, I personnally don't think they are that great of a weapon. They are made well but they seem to have been made more popular by there 9mm, all everybody talks about is going to go buy a Glock 9mm! It was in Nevada or California I don't remember, the highway patrol pulled a guy over and ended up shooting the guy like 6 times in the chest with a Glock 9mm, the guy was released into police custody from the hospital the same day, they just don't have no knockdown power. I know we were not talking about any calibers here, just reminded me of a story!
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:55 pm

the lockpickkid wrote:Well your going to hate me for this!! I think 550 is way too much for a Glock, I personnally don't think they are that great of a weapon. They are made well but they seem to have been made more popular by there 9mm, all everybody talks about is going to go buy a Glock 9mm! It was in Nevada or California I don't remember, the highway patrol pulled a guy over and ended up shooting the guy like 6 times in the chest with a Glock 9mm, the guy was released into police custody from the hospital the same day, they just don't have no knockdown power. I know we were not talking about any calibers here, just reminded me of a story!

The guy probably would have walked wether it was a Glock, a Ruger, or a S&W. It was the caliber of the round and poor bullet placement that probably saved the guy.

But then again, depending on the guy's drug of choice, anything short of a 105 mm Howitzer artillery round would probably not put him down anyway.

I'm a Colt 1911 guy, but I'll admit to carrying a .38 or a 9mm. You have to be built right to carry a .45 without "printing" the fact you're carrying. If I could open carry - then there'd be no question I'd prefer the .45. But let me tell you, lugging a chunk of Colt iron all day ain't as cool as it looks in the movies.

That's probably why a lot of cops carry Glocks or other lightweight autos. If you are going to carry that much weight - it might as well be more ammo - than steel.

But, WTF do I know.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:27 am

the lockpickkid wrote:Well your going to hate me for this!! I think 550 is way too much for a Glock, I personnally don't think they are that great of a weapon. They are made well but they seem to have been made more popular by there 9mm, all everybody talks about is going to go buy a Glock 9mm! It was in Nevada or California I don't remember, the highway patrol pulled a guy over and ended up shooting the guy like 6 times in the chest with a Glock 9mm, the guy was released into police custody from the hospital the same day, they just don't have no knockdown power. I know we were not talking about any calibers here, just reminded me of a story!

Well, if you have issues with the quality of a glock then that is one thing. But the story you recounted has nothing to do with the weapon itself. Would it have made a difference if the guy who got shot was shot with a 9mm beretta? Myself, I'm not fanboy. All I know is I've put thousands of rounds through my weapon and never had one jam or misfire. Most of the other weapons I own have jamed or misfired at some point. Due to different factors including quality of ammo. I myself am a .40 cal man. Pleanty of knockdown power. Also, I have a walther p22. People also talk crap about, "oh what are you going to do with a 22"??? If I fire this weapon in anyones direction they arent getting up. I promise you. NO recoil. Surgical. But I still dont understand your point of a glock "not having any knockdown power", like it's the guns fault or something. I would say that would have been a caliber issue and/or the person firing the weapon issue.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 12:41 am

Riff wrote:Also, I have a walther p22. People also talk crap about, "oh what are you going to do with a 22"??? If I fire this weapon in anyones direction they arent getting up. I promise you. NO recoil. Surgical. But I still dont understand your point of a glock "not having any knockdown power", like it's the guns fault or something. I would say that would have been a caliber issue and/or the person firing the weapon issue.

It's better to hit with a .22 - than miss with a .45. :o
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:21 am

Riff, I stand corrected, Sorry! No it's not Glock, they are a good weapon, it was the caliber that seems to be the most commonly sold on the glock frame, I just dislike the 9mm. I however do own a Walther p22 pistol, I actually bought mine when they first came out, I was on a waiting list, I carry this pistol everywhere with me, I have killed lots of animals with it. Its the most accurate pistol I have ever owned, aside from a few problems with the bullets feeding when I first got it, it is probably the best pistol you can buy in it's price range. Glocks do have a history of being fail safe, thats why alot of police agencies used them, that and the weight as Hallis has said, I would own one probably, just not the 9mm.
I have been in the souls of many women, but I always end up on the soles of there shoes.
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 1:57 am

I decieded on the 40 because it gave a bit more knockdown power over the 9 but wasnt a big ass gun like the 45 so I can conceal it better. With my walther I've found using descent ammo clears up the cycling issues. What fixed ur issues with ur p22?
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:50 am

With my P22 I started using more expensive ammo as well, I also noticed that the clips collect dirt and gun poweder very quick, I found a little plastic button on the bottom that I push and slide the base of the clip off, it makes them easier to clean. The only thing I don't like about this pistol is that the one I have is the long barrel so it has the weight at the end of the barrel and it always comes loose, this was a reported problem with this pistol and by now it may be fixed. The set screws sort of come loose and throw the site at the end of the barrel sideways. I bought 3 of these pistols all at once, gave them to my dad my brother. Each one has had thousands of rounds shot through them.
<<

MANDELBROT27

Familiar Face

Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:53 pm

Re: Gun prices a little of topic!

you guys dont know how lucky you are to be in the states,just a quick question ,unless you have a concealed carry permit you have to carry the gun "on show" varies from state to state i know.is this right?
IT'S NOT GUNS THAT KILL,IT'S PEOPLE.
<<

the lockpickkid

I've Been Banned!!
I've Been Banned!!

Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:00 pm

In Oregon where I am, you can carry a pistol anywhere with you, on your person, you just can't go into any federal building, or any place that bans weapons, here you only have to have a concealed weapon permit if you carry a gun under you seat in your vehicle or concealed under your shirt, etc. However it is an arguable conversation if you can legally carry it into your local supermarket, some people say that it is illegal but it isn't , it's just that no business here will allow you to carry it in.
<<

HallisChalmers

Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:14 pm

Re: Gun prices a little of topic!

MANDELBROT27 wrote:you guys dont know how lucky you are to be in the states,just a quick question ,unless you have a concealed carry permit you have to carry the gun "on show" varies from state to state i know.is this right?

In Texas, with a concealed weapons permit, you may carry CONCEALED anywhere permissible. You may not carry in a school, school bus, voting area, racetrack, airport, within a 1000 ft of a place of execution where the death penalty is carried out, a business that sells alcohol and derives more than 51% of its income from such alcohol sales, a church, amusement park, or property which has been specifically posted as per Texas code, as not permitting weapons on the premises.

Recently, the law changed to allow a non- permit holder to carry in his vehicle, provided the weapons is not in plain view.

There are two type of licenses - revolver or semi auto. A revolver license holder may only carry a revolver - but a semi-auto license holder can carry either. Minimum caliber is .32.

Legally, a long gun can be carried just about anywhere - but I guarantee you that walking down the sidewalk with an AK 47 will get you shot first and questioned later.

Some states do allow open carry of a pistol, but not all. The firearms laws vary from state to state.
:(
<<

Riff

Contributor
Contributor

Post Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:40 am

My carry permit expired and I need to renew it. But in the state of Louisiana you may carry a concealed firearm in your vehicle without a permit. Your vehicle in my state is considered an extension of your home. There is a catch though....When you get pulled over, the VERY FIRST thing you tell the cop is that you have a weapon in the glove box or where ever. They consider this disclosure "not concealed". I've been pulled over several time for speeding and I alway declare that I have a firearm on me for personal protection. And for God sake dont forget that its in the glove box not tell them, and reach for your insurence and registration. Good way to get a bullet in the ear.

Return to Full Metal Jacket Required