FAQ  •  Register  •  Login
UKLockpickers.co.uk Lockpicking supplies such as Lockpicks, tools, and more! COMMANDOLOCK.COM Military grade padlock systems lockpickshop.com A source for lockpicking supplies such as lockpicks, locksmith tools, and more!

A question for places with strict gun control.

<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Sun Jul 24, 2016 4:20 pm

Re: A question for places with strict gun control.

Random wrote:This world needs a little more love and respect for each other.

I can't argue with that.
<<

MBI

Site Owner

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:56 pm

Bumping this thread with a rather timely article published yesterday.

http://www.infowars.com/video-hillary-d ... t-gun-ban/
<<

Josephus

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:40 pm

MBI wrote:Bumping this thread with a rather timely article published yesterday.

http://www.infowars.com/video-hillary-d ... t-gun-ban/

Many people wont trust that simply because it's infowars and not even realize there is a video of the alt delegate. If this makes the media rounds it'll be the same old dance, "Of course that is what we were doing. Only an idiot would have believed we weren't trying to ban guns." considering similar things have been popping up since the early '80's.

Why do you think they are doing this? That is what I wonder. Fear? Certainly not to save human lives. There are many easier ways to reduce unneeded death at far higher rates, like heavy restrictions on alcohol or unhealthy foods. And they would never ban the secret service and LEOs from carrying, because they know why we should have them.

Guns are this big scary thing to some people. So many take the bait that greater restrictions will save lives. Tell that to all those families in France that are still mourning dozens killed with a truck. Or that priest that was just beheaded at his own altar. Or the nearly daily attacks happening in Germany not being covered by the news in fear of Islamophobia. Honestly I am very grateful that terrorists in the west have not figured out that car bombs are worse than bullets. It could be much worse.

**Edit**
I almost forgot. This highlights the danger of thinking that compromise is the solution to any disagreement. Whomever has the most extreme position will always win. Then bring up the debate again, and again, and again until they get what they wanted all along. Common sense regulation sounds reasonable, until you actually use your brain and look at it. The current "compromise" is to push for banning second amendment rights from people with mental disorders. If they are so dangerous, why not remove their other constitutional rights too and put them in prison I wonder? Here is why: most of us here remember a time where being homosexual was classified as a form of insanity. That is no longer the case. Being trans today is still treated as a mental disorder. What constitutes mental disorders are subjective and change quickly on the whims of the Psychology community. How long would it be until wanting to own a dangerous weapon is classified as a mental disorder, thus no one would be allowed to do so? I have attended a lecture at my university where one of the speakers partially talked on just that strategy. I was one of the speakers too but on a different subject.
<<

Pick-Fu

Familiar Face

Post Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:13 pm

<<

metalworm

Post Fri Dec 16, 2016 4:25 pm

sweden, hell no

we have gun laws thas make it fore hunting (hard to get more than 6 rifles/shotguns) target shooting(10 rifles/shotguns and 8 handguns)
nothing fore selfprotection (or at least wery hard to get)

and we have shotings all the time in some areas, and this is not whit leagal weapons

we dont have a custom that is working , no police thats can handel it
<<

ratlock

Familiar Face

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:54 pm

Im from Scotland, and we now have even have a licence system in place for air rifles. I think thats about as strict as any country in the world.
When I was younger every farmer had a shotgun at the back door,and every kid had an air gun, yet armed crime was rare. After December this year, you face a 5 year jail term for any unlicenced gun, (including air rifles).
There has sadly, been one mass shooting in scotland, after which pistols were banned.
With tighter gun laws and tougher penalties for contrivention. I was surprised how quick old wall hangers, dodgy reactivated, and other relics went out of circulation.

Nowadays when you hear of a fatal shooting in Scotland, Its usually just one less drug dealer.

(by the way, Ive owned rifles and shotguns for the last 40 odd years)
<<

MartinHewitt

Prolific Poster

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:17 pm

I'm in Germany. As I child I had this toy canon from Playmobil:
It was perhaps around 4 inches long. It had inside a spring, which you could compress by pulling the stick from the end of the canon. It did shoot small plastic ammunition which had to be inserted at the muzzle.

As far as I know this is now illegal because it has not a newer government approval sign stamped.

The current canon mechanics is sh..

Martin Hewitt

PS: I do support stricter gun control as I feel safer without so many crazy people having guns. But things can go to far and do go to far here.

PPS: A Leatherman Wave is not illegal, but I am not allowed to carry it around with me because it 1) has a locking blade and 2) can be opened with one hand. There is not really a good substitute for the Wave. I have now a Victorinox as replacement, but the pliers are not good and the choice of screw drivers also not. Also only the knife is locking, not the other tools. At least it has a locking blade and scissors. I would be grateful if you had a recommendation for a substitute for me.
In case you wonder ... Martin Hewitt is a fictional detective in stories by Arthur Morrison:
Martin Hewitt, Investigator Chronicles of Martin Hewitt
<<

metalworm

Post Sat Dec 17, 2016 4:22 pm

a have som leathermans , i cant say i love them but they are ysefull

it should be possible to take off the lock and modify it so it cant be opend whit one hand
<<

WestCoastPicks

Familiar Face

Post Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:40 am

Pick-Fu wrote:Im sorry westcoastpicks but you have lost all credibility in this discussion with your continued use of the term " too many people irrationally cling to their man killers" and then say " despite the fact everyone who is educated in and has researched the subject is telling them it's causing the problem" FBI stats show that in the last 2 decades gun ownership has just about doubled in the US and gun related deaths have halfed.

You are using buzz words like out liberal left tries to use to make it sound like anyone who owns a firearm is as they call them a "Gun nut"
If you dont like the way the US laws are then you dont ever have to visit, there is no reason you as a Canadian should not be posting anti-gun dribble against the citizens of the US, as they say... "you dont have a dog in this fight"

I dont care if you go all anti-gun in Canada... that's your country and your other citizens are the ones that have to deal with that.

Im not trying to be an @55 about it but it chaps my hide when someone who isn't even a citizen of this country makes uninformed statements based on what they "think" instead of hard facts... Like that moron from the UK Pierce Morgan. I just wanted to bitch slap that moron every time he opened his mouth.

Ok, Im not going to be sucked back into this thread... I said I was out before

Sorry, I've been busy lately and just got back to checking posts. You don't just get to declare everything I say as invalid because you don't agree with the language I'm using. Facts don't work like that. You have to actually refute the data I've put forth. I might start to question if you even read what I typed or just saw a few words you didn't like and proceeded to straw-man me.

I own guns, I am not anti gun, Canada is not anti gun. We have reasonable restrictions and mandatory training requirements. A large percentage of Canadians own guns.
I am a citizen of the USA, I have dual citizenship and have had for the last 15 years. If you read my posts you might have known that.
You talk about "hard facts" yet you present none, and do nothing to refute the facts I have presented.
I'm all for debate, but if you're just going to straw-man me, not even read what I type and try to just declare everything I said as invalid without doing anything to actually discredit what I said, it's not worth my time. I save my time and effort for people who are actually capable of listening, thinking and offering a well thought out rebuttal.

It's very sad that you are unable to listen to the opposition, this is a large part of the problem. Being blinded by your bias is a hard thing to overcome, I understand that. But I end a post with a line about people treating each other better, and this is what I get back.... I guess thanks for the reply, do get back to me if you're actually willing to debate the facts. But if you're just going to declare your victory and not do any of the actual work to secure it, have fun shouting in to the void.
<<

Josephus

Post Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:37 pm

MartinHewitt wrote:PPS: A Leatherman Wave is not illegal, but I am not allowed to carry it around with me because it 1) has a locking blade and 2) can be opened with one hand. There is not really a good substitute for the Wave. I have now a Victorinox as replacement, but the pliers are not good and the choice of screw drivers also not. Also only the knife is locking, not the other tools. At least it has a locking blade and scissors. I would be grateful if you had a recommendation for a substitute for me.

There are knifeless multitool versions. like the rebar for example.
Previous

Return to Full Metal Jacket Required